Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2016, 04:02 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,348,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Hell, its bigoted to restrict sports to only one species. Why the hell can't dolphins be on the swim team?
Great idea, you don't want to be accused of being specist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2016, 04:09 PM

7,817 posts, read 6,405,698 times
I would keep the female Gymnastics and Tennis teams.

Old 06-07-2016, 04:12 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,309,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
My daughter an awarded High School softball stud, District Offensive player of the year as a freshman and District MVP for the remaining 3 years, can out throw, out hit and flat, out play.... all of the boys on the HS baseball Varsity team. She will be on the starting line up next year at her chosen college.

But, that is just coaching and instruction of the basics(Dad)
Congrats, and I wish your daughter much luck!!

Old 06-07-2016, 04:19 PM

1,649 posts, read 1,010,728 times
Quote:
My daughter an awarded High School softball stud, District Offensive player of the year as a freshman and District MVP for the remaining 3 years, can out throw, out hit and flat, out play.... all of the boys on the HS baseball Varsity team. She will be on the starting line up next year at her chosen college.

You're daughter would have trouble hitting off a decent little league pitcher much less a division one pitcher throwing 90mph.

Get real

Old 06-07-2016, 06:44 PM

788 posts, read 514,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
The days of different opportunities for men and women is past. Women are allowed for virtually any job a man is, as long as she meets the physical standards. Military combat. Police. Firefighters. All critical positions where lives are at risk.

It seems like it's past time to end the discrimination in sports. Eliminate separate ones, let men and women play on the came teams/sports and compete against each other. Let the best, most capable person or people win, regardless of sex. In the days of men that think they are women wanting to play women's sports (and vice versa) it just makes too much of a mess trying to separate them.

Let women play football, have one soccer and baseball team, no division in track and field events. It is time for equality to extend into one of the last areas of discrimination and bigotry. All people, regardless of sex, should have the same opportunities, both to compete, and to earn sports scholarships (rather sports scholarships are a good idea in the first place is for another thread). Establish some fairness and let the best person win.
If they took aways women's sports, there would be NO WOMEN in sports. How long would they last on an NFL field (one play), or MLB, or basketball court. Sports would be virtually all-male, if that happened.

Old 06-07-2016, 07:05 PM

39,892 posts, read 26,574,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
I would keep the female Gymnastics and Tennis teams.
Well, maybe beach volleyball too.

Old 06-07-2016, 08:14 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,840,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Propulser View Post
If they took aways women's sports, there would be NO WOMEN in sports. How long would they last on an NFL field (one play), or MLB, or basketball court. Sports would be virtually all-male, if that happened.
They don't have a rule banning women from paying professional sports, it is just that none can.

Old 06-07-2016, 08:23 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,521,634 times
I don't understand why any women would even want to play on a men's football/hockey/baseball or basketball team.

Old 06-07-2016, 10:21 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,840,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I don't understand why any women would even want to play on a men's football/hockey/baseball or basketball team.
It's not why would they, it is if they wanted to they would never be good enough. Physiology hasnt been legislated away yet.

Old 06-07-2016, 10:27 PM

32,132 posts, read 15,126,931 times
Quote:

How awesome. Bravo for your daughter. I know you are a proud dad
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies