Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 04:46 PM

26,533 posts, read 15,102,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
First of all.... You can make the same unifier case for the entire Republican Party. You realize their current nominee has divided conservatives even further. So spare me, but I guess if you simply need to feel better sure.

Lastly, republicans didn't expand Medicaid like Aca wanted to. Here in Texas, they refused Medicaid expansion and couldn't figure out anything to get Texas from being the most uninsured state in the nation. It's amusing how something doesn't work well when the other side refuses to implement anything. Don't you find it amusing?
I am not denying that the Republicans didn't expand Medicaid (in most situations) and that Trump is divisive.

You are the one living in a fantasy land. You are irrational if you can't admit that Obama passed Obamacare with ZERO Republican votes, meaning he could have passed a better healthcare system, like a universal system, had he been able to unify his own party.

Instead Obama passed a system that will leave 31 Million non-elderly uninsured Americans through a series of lies, because he can't even get his own party on the same page for a quality system. Obama is simply a liar and a poor manager.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2016, 05:10 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,125,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I am not denying that the Republicans didn't expand Medicaid (in most situations) and that Trump is divisive.
Well then your complaints see silly and petty.

Quote:
You are the one living in a fantasy land. You are irrational if you can't admit that Obama passed Obamacare with ZERO Republican votes, meaning he could have passed a better healthcare system, like a universal system, had he been able to unify his own party.

Instead Obama passed a system that will leave 31 Million non-elderly uninsured Americans through a series of lies, because he can't even get his own party on the same page for a quality system. Obama is simply a liar and a poor manager.
What fantasy land? You are creating this false dichotomy. Both Republicans and Democrats don't vote as a single block. And again.... Texas has the nation's largest uninsured population because Republicans refused to expand Medicaid in the state.... And they can't seem to put forth an alternative.

Why would you expect something to work properly when the other side is doing all they can to make it not work? Seems silly.

It's maddening how much ACA resembles the 90s Republican plan; private exchanges, subsidies, and no denials of pre-existing conditions.

Old 06-10-2016, 06:48 PM

26,533 posts, read 15,102,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Well then your complaints see silly and petty.

What fantasy land? You are creating this false dichotomy. Both Republicans and Democrats don't vote as a single block. And again.... Texas has the nation's largest uninsured population because Republicans refused to expand Medicaid in the state.... And they can't seem to put forth an alternative.

Why would you expect something to work properly when the other side is doing all they can to make it not work? Seems silly.

It's maddening how much ACA resembles the 90s Republican plan; private exchanges, subsidies, and no denials of pre-existing conditions.
You are irrational.

One can admit that both parties have faults. You changed the topic to Trump...I concede he has severe faults...how is that petty for me to admit that BOTH Obama and Trump have severe faults as you say?

I am being a realist.

Fact is, and you can't dispute this, the Democrats had the numbers and didn't need a single GOP vote. They could have passed a national universal healthcare system similar to France's from January 2009 to January 2011. Instead, they passed Obamacare, a measure which was sold on lies and is mostly ineffective (see costs + 31 Million non-elderly uninsured).

If Obama was a better manager and leader he could have gotten the Democrats on the same page (as past presidents have done) for a better law.

Old 06-10-2016, 07:58 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,125,805 times
Quote:
You are irrational.
You are petty in regards with Obama and partisan.

You can't answer my bolded question because it's the absolute truth.

Quote:
One can admit that both parties have faults. You changed the topic to Trump...I concede he has severe faults...how is that petty for me to admit that BOTH Obama and Trump have severe faults as you say?
I also changed the topic to how Republicans didn't expand Medicaid which would make ACA more ineffective.

Quote:
I am being a realist.

Fact is, and you can't dispute this, the Democrats had the numbers and didn't need a single GOP vote. They could have passed a national universal healthcare system similar to France's from January 2009 to January 2011. Instead, they passed Obamacare, a measure which was sold on lies and is mostly ineffective (see costs + 31 Million non-elderly uninsured).
Fact is not all democrats support universal healthcare. Fact is Republicans choose to not expand Medicaid even in populous states.

Quote:
If Obama was a better manager and leader he could have gotten the Democrats on the same page (as past presidents have done) for a better law.
Which past presidents have gotten an entire party to vote yes on a monumental bill that had zero bipartisan support?

Comes off petty.

Old 06-10-2016, 08:34 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,394,707 times
Quote:
You are irrational.

I am being a realist.

I see this argument made a lot "They had YEARS to pass whatever they want".

It required 60 votes to pass legislation due to record breaking obstructionism.

Point of fact, there were ONLY 2 periods where Democrats under Obama held 60 seats, from July 7,2009 (Al Franken finally seated after some truly insane challenges by the GOP to challenge his election) NOT the January you indicate. until August 25th when Kennedy died (although for many weeks prior to his death he was unable to vote-point of fact he only made one vote during this time period I think-could be wrong), although 4 days afterwards Paul Kirk was appointed until Feb 4th when Scott Brown defeated Coakley. Senator Byrd was also in the hospital in this timeframe.

And for one day in Sept when the Republicans lacked 40 votes due to Martinez resigning. All told about 5 months, and only by the slimmest of edges, where any single member could sink anything they tried to pass. So your argument is both false, but also incredibly unrealistic.

If the Republicans weren't so dead set on not compromising, and on making him a "one term president" in a fit of childishness maybe Obama could have done better. Maybe even passed something like universal healthcare which works quite well in pretty much every developed country.

Old 06-10-2016, 10:16 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,541,148 times
^ Well done sir, well done.

Old 06-10-2016, 10:29 PM

50,889 posts, read 24,393,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
So you want the entire medical system to be run like the VA?

No Thanks.
I want the VA abolished EXCEPT for very specialized medical centers which treat conditions unique to war. That's pretty much how they started. Let the vets get their services from regular public hospitals.

Old 06-10-2016, 11:01 PM

50,889 posts, read 24,393,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Propulser View Post
Have you ever heard of Competition? It makes everyone better. ...
You mean like in the various cable television services and satellite dish providers?

Old 06-11-2016, 07:25 AM

5,998 posts, read 3,738,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
There is a reason a state can do it if they wish, but not the Federal Centralized Government.

The US Constitution does not authorize the federal government to take over a 10th amendment issue.

There would have to be an amendment to the US. Constitution.
So are you saying that Medicare is unconstitutional? That's a single payer system limited only by an age restriction.

Old 06-11-2016, 07:34 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,676,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Medicare works mostly with private sector facilities and providers, and is essentially senior/disabled single payer.

I personally and professionally still prefer a public option, and let the privates do as they may. Single payer as you demonstrate can be too brutal on the HC providers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
So are you saying that Medicare is unconstitutional? That's a single payer system limited only by an age restriction.
Medicare is a monopoly, which is illegal if the People do it....
My point was, 100% of All medical personnel, would be paid by the US Treasury. Making them defacto, government employees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies