Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 09:46 PM

22,537 posts, read 12,098,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Funny how they never find a minimally acceptable woman from a pool of 130 million adult women. But, gee, Sarah Palin and Carly Fiorina surely would have made a great POTUS one day. . . . . .

Mick
Yeah, right, Mick.

Neither of them would have been "a great POTUS"---just like Hillary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2016, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
Most people have no issue with a woman as President, however many do have an issue with this particular one-sooner or later she will be in jail!
^^^^Exactly!

So many voters, in their rush to crow about having voted for the first woman president (assuming she wins---please, no!), willfully ignore this fact.

History will not be kind to Hillary. In fact, there will be many young girls who will look incredulously at their grandmothers and ask "How could have voted for her?" What will grandma say in response---keeping in mind that history won't be kind to Hillary? Hmmm...

Old 06-09-2016, 09:51 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,768,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Yeah, right, Mick.

Neither of them would have been "a great POTUS"---just like Hillary.
After 227 years and 44 presidents, still no women presidents. None. Even though there are more women than men. Because women are other women's worst enemy. Hopefully daughters are watching because even the women burning bras in the 60s put current women to shame.

Look at how Trump attacks Elizabeth Warren. Every woman will be attacked for something and will women defend these women? No.

Old 06-09-2016, 09:52 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,488,447 times
Gonzalo Curiel 2024!

Old 06-09-2016, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
After 227 years and 44 presidents, still no women presidents. None. Even though there are more women than men. Because women are other women's worst enemy. Hopefully daughters are watching because even the women burning bras in the 60s put current women to shame.

Look at how Trump attacks Elizabeth Warren. Every woman will be attacked for something and will women defend these women? No.

And I think history will be very kind to Hillary Clinton. And extremely kind to President Obama by the way.
So, are you saying that Trump shouldn't attack Elizabeth Warren because she is a woman? Warren attacked first, Trump responded. You can't be for women's rights and in the same breath say Trump should never verbally attack a woman. Politics is a rough game.

You're also saying that people should vote for Hillary just because she's a woman. That's very sexist of you.

History won't be kind to Hillary. You've got to be kidding! The woman is close to being indicted. And, history certainly won't be kind to Obama. I thought GW Bush was the worst president ever, then along came Obama to prove me wrong.

Old 06-09-2016, 10:00 PM

Quote:
So, are you saying that Trump shouldn't attack Elizabeth Warren because she is a woman? Warren attacked first, Trump responded. You can't be for women's rights and in the same breath say Trump should never verbally attack a woman. Politics is a rough game.

You're also saying that people should vote for Hillary just because she's a woman. That's very sexist of you.

History won't be kind to Hillary. You've got to be kidding! The woman is close to being indicted. And, history certainly won't be kind to Obama. I thought GW Bush was the worst president ever, then along came Obama to prove me wrong.
I will just disagree with you on history because I don't want to take the thread off topic.

That being said, if you recognize that every woman candidate will be attacked for something, then you cannot be surprised that Hillary will be attacked. And because she is the first female presidential nominee, she will receive more attacks than any woman. And yes, Trump will attack Elizabeth Warren but Trump will attack any woman as that ad clearly demonstrates. It appears the only woman Trump approves of is his daughter, who might date if he could.

Maybe there are women that just think a woman's place is in the kitchen and they will always prefer men as president. Maybe that is what they teach their daughters. Hopefully other women set a better example, like the brave women of a hundred years ago and hopefully they teach their daughters differently as well.

Old 06-09-2016, 10:02 PM

17,389 posts, read 11,377,141 times
Quote:

Like I said in another thread, Hillary makes Nixon look like an altar boy with scandal after scandal going back decades in her history. If that's the kind of woman other women want to be POTUS then is says a lot about how desperate they are to have any female elected to that office no matter who she is. It's not only sexist but pathetic.

Old 06-09-2016, 10:04 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,495,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Awesome post, Seacove. I agree 100%! I'm very excited about Hillary's accomplishments.
Which are......

Quote:

That seems to be a common thread/the biggest "accomplishment" of hillary, right from her supporters. Look at the title of this thread as exhibit A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Like I said in another thread, Hillary makes Nixon look like an altar boy with scandal after scandal going back decades in her history. If that's the kind of woman other women want to be POTUS then is says a lot about how desperate they are to have any female elected to that office no matter who she is. It's not only sexist but pathetic.
Spot on.

Last edited by stevek64; 06-09-2016 at 10:13 PM..

Old 06-09-2016, 10:07 PM

9,022 posts, read 13,885,378 times
My problem with people attacking Hil:

HOw are you attacking her for staying with her hubby during his cheating scandals?

It is like people are blaming her for her husband's actions,as if she controls his brains.
I guess women can control men's actions now?

Sorry,THIS woman does not take kindly to that!

Old 06-09-2016, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Yet you have no problem with a man currently being sued by several states, multiple bankruptcies, hundreds of lawsuits because he wouldn't pay his contractors, openly denigrating women, minorities and anyone else that doesn't bow before him on bended knee, who says he represents American workers while he himself manufactures in China and Mexico?

His own party hates him.

Take a look at https://gop.com/

Someone noted this before and it's true. Donald Trump is mentioned nowhere on gop.com. They've been watching for a while and Trump is never mentioned. Are they that embarrassed of their nominee?

Hillary's "scandals" are GOP boondoggles paid for by the American taxpayer and designed to destroy her candidacy. And even so, they would rather talk about Hillary than so much as mention Donald Trump.

"We just got this email from TPM Reader DL. And as far as I can tell, she's right. There does not seem to be any mention of Donald Trump on the official Republican Party website, gop.com. Hillary is there. Bernie is there. George H.W.Bush is there. Reagan is there. Reagan/Bush. Lincoln is there. No Trump anywhere. Not on the blog, signups. Not anywhere that I could find."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/wow-she-s-right
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies