Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 08:35 AM

16,269 posts, read 10,395,161 times

Advertisements

I am so sick and tired of conservatives blaming the "libs" or the liberals blaming conservative and their gun laws for all these tragedies. Folks this crazy situation is splitting our country apart at a time when we need to work together. Get it straight folks, no party is to blame. This shooter did not come through our borders due to liberal immigration policies. He did not kill because he was able to buy guns, he would have just found another way. France has some of the toughest gun laws in the world and they didn't stop it. And sorry tell me again how the President uttering the words "Islamic Terrorist" would have stopped this wack job from carrying out his plan? The answer of course it would have not changed a thing.

The problem is clearly the ability of ISIS to recruit and turn otherwise normal folks into extremists. It's a terrifying time because I don't see how anyone can come up with a solution for that. You can't just lock up or prevent everyone who has been questioned by the FBI from purchasing a gun. But we need to stop with this finger pointing and work together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2016, 08:47 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,169,444 times
Dave, I completely understand what you're saying, and you're echoing what a lot of Independents and sensible R's and D's have been saying, but you aren't going to get through to the rest.

Every single thing gets turned into a R v L ******* match, because they're so blinded by their political ideologies and bias, and they'll take all of that to their graves. The only winners are the media and the terrorists, who are salivating at the work the evil POS are doing, but not just at the terror and destruction they're causing. I can bet those terrorists are reading the headlines, the comments and the infighting and it brings them even more pleasure.

Each attack seems to divide this country even more, because everyone is rightfully angry, but angry at the wrong things.

FWIW, I see it far more on the right.

Old 06-13-2016, 08:55 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
I've been saying this for a while, Dave, but you said it better than I.

We are our own worst enemies.

Old 06-13-2016, 08:55 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Dave, I completely understand what you're saying, and you're echoing what a lot of Independents and sensible R's and D's have been saying, but you aren't going to get through to the rest.

Every single thing gets turned into a R v L ******* match, because they're so blinded by their political ideologies and bias, and they'll take all of that to their graves. The only winners are the media and the terrorists, who are salivating at the work the evil POS are doing, but not just at the terror and destruction they're causing. I can bet those terrorists are reading the headlines, the comments and the infighting and it brings them even more pleasure.

Each attack seems to divide this country even more, because everyone is rightfully angry, but angry at the wrong things.

FWIW, I see it far more on the right.
Then there you go being divisive. Can't make this **** up.

Old 06-13-2016, 09:03 AM

33,553 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I am so sick and tired of conservatives blaming the "libs" or the liberals blaming conservative and their gun laws for all these tragedies. Folks this crazy situation is splitting our country apart at a time when we need to work together. Get it straight folks, no party is to blame. This shooter did not come through our borders due to liberal immigration policies. He did not kill because he was able to buy guns, he would have just found another way. France has some of the toughest gun laws in the world and they didn't stop it. And sorry tell me again how the President uttering the words "Islamic Terrorist" would have stopped this wack job from carrying out his plan? The answer of course it would have not changed a thing.

The problem is clearly the ability of ISIS to recruit and turn otherwise normal folks into extremists. It's a terrifying time because I don't see how anyone can come up with a solution for that. You can't just lock up or prevent everyone who has been questioned by the FBI from purchasing a gun. But we need to stop with this finger pointing and work together.
Look up the word Taqiyya.. they practice it , to advance their religion and their hate to conquer the world.
http://thereligionofpeace.com/pages/quran/taqiyya.aspx

Old 06-13-2016, 09:13 AM

2,903 posts, read 3,455,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post

You most certainly can prevent or at least delay people who, while not currently chargeable of a crime, are "of interest" to law enforcement, and to freeze that transaction.

Old 06-13-2016, 09:14 AM

3,226 posts, read 6,636,381 times
I agree Dave a whole lot and I really want both liberals and conservatives to just stop putting the blame on each other. However, way too many liberals I know and see through the media (mainstream and alternative) constantly apologize for Islam while they villify anyone else who speaks against Islam, even those who ideologies align with the liberals. And believe me, I am neither conservative or liberal but it's just how I see things.

And YES, I am aware the muslims are people and Islam is the ideology, I can separate the two but Islam is a MAJOR problem right now.

Yes we have to stop ISIS but the western powers that be have to stop lining the pockets of ISIS. Even then, it may too late, unfortunately and things might get a whole lot worse before it gets better. At the end of the day we ALL have to come to an agreement whether we are left or right that Islam/radical Islam is a MASSIVE PROBLEM, we can't keep sweeping it under the rug and worry who's feelings we are going to hurt.

Old 06-13-2016, 09:14 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
You most certainly can prevent or at least delay people who, while not currently chargeable of a crime, are "of interest" to law enforcement, and to freeze that transaction.
Yeah, like not letting someone on a terror watch list be hired by DHS to carry weapons.

Old 06-13-2016, 09:18 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
I also agree with the OP, however, I do feel we need to put a ban for a certain number of years on individuals who have been investigated by the FBI and cleared of terroristic actions, statements, and sympathizing.

I think it would have prevented so many deaths from occurring in Orlando due to the type of weapon used.

However, I also am a gun owner and am for our 2nd amendment rights, however, I just think that not everyone should be able to legally purchase a gun so easily.

I also agree though that regardless, a terrorist will find another way. I just base the above on the idea that without the ability to kill so many and to continuously kill so many for a greater period of time with an assault rifle versus a bomb or other weapon, that less lives would have been lost.

Old 06-13-2016, 09:18 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,169,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Then there you go being divisive. Can't make this **** up.
Not really, it's an observation. I see far more threads just on this forum about how blacks this, Muslims that, transgenders this, liberalism (is a disease) that, etc., started by Republicans than Democrats.

As a matter of fact, there was a guy in the Brock Turner thread who blamed feminism (not exactly a pillar of conservative values) and liberals for what happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies