Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 04:09 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,262,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
I think I will go have some CF tonight.
I just got back from CF, man that was some noble chicken, now I feel noble, maybe I am noble. You folks that don't like CF(you know who you are) should try some of that CF chicken,you may just feel noble too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2016, 04:32 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
We will spread the word around and it is all over face book...
That will hit more eyes than MSM, CNN and MSNBC combined!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I have often seen restaurants "treat" people to food after giving in a blood drive. This is nothing that unusual.
Wow... the disconnect is stark (probably intentional) for some of you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Wow some people do something nice and you crap all over it.

There are some serious "Debbie Downer" posters on this thread!
It's usually the ones who spouse tolerance and inclusion who are least inclusive and tolerant.

The reason why so many are coming in here and being this way is because it flys in the face of everything they want to believe (bad) about the company, nothing more. They simply can't process it in a rational way.

All I have to say is they did a good thing, for the sake of doing something good, for others who were also doing good. To the haters: Guess what, the government didn't have to mandate any of them to do it... what a concept!

Old 06-14-2016, 04:46 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,558 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
It's usually the ones who spouse tolerance and inclusion who are least inclusive and tolerant.

The reason why so many are coming in here and being this way is because it flys in the face of everything they want to believe (bad) about the company, nothing more. They simply can't process it in a rational way.

All I have to say is they did a good thing, for the sake of doing something good, for others who were also doing good. To the haters: Guess what, the government didn't have to mandate any of them to do it... what a concept!
There are multiple problems with your statement.

The first is the obvious, which is that you are arguing that handing out breakfast sandwiches after a massacre(which not even the worst homphobes would disagree with) some how completely atones for the policies, politicians and organizations that Chick Fil a as a corporation support that work against gay rights.

Seoncd, this isnt the company, this is the individual owner as Chick Fil a is franchised.

Old 06-14-2016, 04:48 PM

3,889 posts, read 4,543,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
There were several restaurants that served free food to people donating blood and to the police and other investigators. Should they all be singled out individually for front page news for doing something good?

Was it a nice thing to do? Yes. Atta boy CFA.
The thing that singles them out, aside from the CFA controversy, is that they are not open on Sundays. I think it's wonderful that the community is coming to together in a positive way to help.

Old 06-14-2016, 05:27 PM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times
  • Walt Disney Company has donated $1 million
  • Darden Restaurants donated $500,000
  • the Orlando Magic has donated $100,000
  • JetBlue chipped in $100,000
  • Orlando City Foundation donating $100,000
  • AT&T donating $100,000
  • Mears has contributed $50,000
  • as of Monday night June 13

• OneOrlando Fund

• OneOrlando
    • PO Box 4990
    • Orlando, FL 32802-4990

Old 06-14-2016, 05:35 PM

57,297 posts, read 26,217,746 times
There have been many companies that donated to this event, Jet Blue flew in all the family members. I give Chik Fil A lot of credit given the history, this is more of what this country needs.

Old 06-14-2016, 05:47 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltergulick View Post
Because it doesn't push the "Christians are haters" mantra the MSM is looking for.
I thought the good works of Christians are to be done humbly and without recognition because their reward will be in heaven. Matthew 6:1.

Old 06-14-2016, 05:48 PM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I thought the good works of Christians are to be done humbly and without recognition because their reward will be in heaven. Matthew 6:1.

these are companies - and American airlines donated 1 million miles to family to get in to to their families.

Old 06-14-2016, 05:53 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
these are companies - and American airlines donated 1 million miles to family to get in to to their families.
Chick fil A apparently wants recognition for giving out some chicken patty sandwiches whereas the other companies are not insisting on this.

Chick-fil-A: Selling Chicken With a Side of God - The Atlantic

Old 06-14-2016, 06:09 PM

78,421 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
TeamObama & CampClinton are in an alliance to use the word - "Hate" as a Dog Whistle against Trump. They want to deflect that Islamic Terrorists support Sharia Law that demands Death to Gays

LGBT go under the Bus.
LGBT always go under the bus politically because they have nobody else to turn to.

All they can do is hold back campaign contributions like they did when Obama ignored them during his first term.

At least they have that....other groups don't have even that and just get hit with perpetual lip service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies