Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 12:38 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,557 posts, read 16,548,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycnyc11209 View Post
its top trending tag with 56k tweets.
liberals still supporting muslims after this?
the more damage you do the liberals the more they love you?

I Don't see why it is bad to temporally ban immigration from Islamic Radical countries.
only open borders can bring in more potential harm, instead closed.
It is trending because Donald Trump claimed he was a friend of the LGBT community while at the same time saying he was going to support a constitutional amendment to ban same sex marriage.

Old 06-15-2016, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The average guy on the street in a country like Syria has the same general attitudes about jews and gays as your average skindhead and the same attitudes toward women as a 16th century Sultan.

But not letting them in the country means we're not being good people.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day, just seems that the LGBT is in too deep politically to consider that even though Trump is a big butthead that maybe what he's suggesting might oh....be in their interests?
It isnt in the LGBT's community;s interest to allow someone to discriminate based on religions affiliation when as it has been pointed out, there are gay muslims in Syria and Iraq who are trying to get out as well.

They would not only be hypocrites to agree with trump, they would be supporting a policy that allows others to die because they disagree.

Old 06-15-2016, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Hillary and Obama threw the LGBT community under the bus, end of story. What you're seeing is paid manipulation of social media by those with the money to do so. And those people want the status quo to continue and that means Trump can't win.
LOL, you think the majority of gay people vote Republican.

Old 06-15-2016, 05:46 AM

15,637 posts, read 10,393,078 times
I’ve always found cognitive dissonance fascinating and the rise of the Donald has brought out some of the most mind spinning cognitive dissonance of all time.

I'm gay and 'hate' 'bigot' Trump, and support the immigration of the most gay intolerant religious people in the world.

Unskilled unemployment a significant issue? Let’s double the labor cost to employers for unskilled labor by doubling minimum wage.

Don’t like a candidate because I say he’s violent? Let’s go beat up his people at his rallies.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 06-15-2016 at 07:14 AM..

Old 06-15-2016, 08:22 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
I'm not a fan of any relegious organizations. What I do believe in is fairness. I have friends that come from many different relegious backgrounds but I treat them all the same. If a Christian Extremist organization went out today like they did in the 19th and 20th centuries and killed off thousands of people. You wouldn't want someone to speak horrible things about your faith especially when your a peaceful Christian.

Just like folks go around saying all Catholic priest are pedophiles just because a few molested children
Which Christian organizations killed thousands in the 19th and 20th centuries?

Old 06-15-2016, 08:56 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,846,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Yeah, people in LGBTQ community need to go rush into all those local peace loving Mosques because they will be greeted with open arms

Not any of these 1000s of evil churches around the country.
Welcoming Church Map | Believe Out Loud
The congregation I belong to is one of the Churches on the map. Its our tradition that when new members join they talk about their faith journey during a service. Sadly, way too many of my LGBTQ brothers and sisters share stories about how horribly they have been treated and the physical and emotional damage that has resulted from the actions from my fellow Christians.

Its a sad record.

Old 06-15-2016, 09:03 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,846,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Which Christian organizations killed thousands in the 19th and 20th centuries?
Have you heard about: Sabra, Shatila, Srebrenica?

Old 06-15-2016, 09:12 AM

20,724 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Because the LGBTQ community is not stupid. "Thoughts and prayers" today, and back to "you're all pedophiles" tomorrow. What did you think would happen?

#LGBTQHatesTrumpParty GIFs That You Need To See

I don't recall Trump saying a single offensive thing to gays and lesbians. I have never seen one of their followers do so. The religious right certainly does not approve of the behavior of homosexuality but Trump was not supported by that demographic and leaned heavily towards Cruz. That is why Trump lost Utah.

I will ally myself with gays and lesbians now to keep people out who want to kill them. However if you let them in, you're on your own.

Old 06-15-2016, 09:13 AM

20,724 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
The congregation I belong to is one of the Churches on the map. Its our tradition that when new members join they talk about their faith journey during a service. Sadly, way too many of my LGBTQ brothers and sisters share stories about how horribly they have been treated and the physical and emotional damage that has resulted from the actions from my fellow Christians.

Its a sad record.
So lets bring in more?

Old 06-15-2016, 09:15 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Have you heard about: Sabra, Shatila, Srebrenica?
No, but I just did a quick search on Sabra and it appears to be slang for a militant JEW.

Is this going to be like Staysean23's story of a gay man who killed another gay man and is the fault of Christianity?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies