Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 02:09 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times

Advertisements

Actually, he can be quite entertaining.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2016, 02:14 PM

569 posts, read 671,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
When he was in Chicago recently at DePaul University, protestors disrupted the entire event. They got on the stage and were chanting. One of the guys pacing back and forth in front of Milo threatened him after he made a remark that went something like, "Keep walking in front of me, I'm enjoying it so much that if you were gay I'd hit on you." Security did absolutely nothing to stop them.

I wasn't there, but someone sent me the video and it was enough to make my blood boil. Why have security if they're lame ducks? It was completely unfair and disrespectful to him and those who paid to see him.

This was I believe 2 days before our event. We watched it to prepare for what COULD happen but luckily nothing bad did. The security, from what I heard (could be false, who knows), were told not to lay hands on anyone (then why have them there??). When Milo arrived at our school he had 2 of his own security but they seriously looked bored. I get that his message isn't everyone's cuppa tea but I feel there is a responsibility to treat all speakers with respect. Not that a lively discussion isn't welcome, but don't be an idiot.

Old 06-17-2016, 02:21 PM

569 posts, read 671,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Gid that's great that those students are mature enough to realize that there will always be 2 sides to the story and that not everyone will agree. Gives me hope for the future. Unfortunately - the media gives the impression that all liberal students are ready to protest, boycott ect.. that's why I'm surprised that libs believe so much of what the media is spewing as obviously it's been painting all of them in a bad light when it's only a small minority that are causing problems.
Very small groups are what I usually see. On both sides.

I program events (not this one, it was YAL that did this one) and I LIKE to have diverse opinions presented so people get exposed to everything and maybe think about what they have seen/heard. What always surprises me when I do political events is its easier to get the College Republicans on board than it is Campus Democrats. Looking forward to the election and seeing the students get involved. I am of the opinion that I don't care HOW you vote, just know what is going on and VOTE!

Old 06-17-2016, 02:22 PM

2,903 posts, read 3,457,458 times
The guy isn't very well informed, he's got nothing to add to the conversation about society -- nothing new or unique or worth discussing. And, frankly, as a gay man I ind his whole existence to be a mockery of real gay life. He's a big queen who will ingratiate himself with the right wing to make a buck because he has nothing of interest to straight, non-conservative society -- nothing, and even less for gays, what with that very strange dye job.

I will say that even though he baits and incites liberals in the audience, some of the reactions make me wonder about the sanity of these people. Best way to handle creatures like him is to just not show up at his events. Problem solved.

Old 06-17-2016, 02:44 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottPlake View Post
I thought she was a Trump supporter? That would make her the exact opposite of a GOP cheerleader.
Honestly, I haven't even heard her in quite some time. I used to watch Fox News from time to time and see her, but over the last five or so years, it's rare for me to watch Fox; therefore, I didn't know who she supported. That being said, Trump is the GOP nominee, so it would make sense for her to back him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
She has plenty of logic, but she does say some hateful things. Usually she comes armed with numbers to back her up though. I like the fact that she's not afraid. People vilify her and she stands firm with her beliefs. Kind of like Milo actually.
Like I said above, I haven't seen or heard her in years. Back when I did, she seemed thick on rhetoric and thin on fact. Maybe she's changed, but I'm not going to assume she did. She was always so rude and would just constantly talk over people. Those types don't seem to change much in their personality, because it usually enabled them to bully themselves up the ladder.

This is the first time I've seen or heard of Milo, and I really liked what I heard from him in the eight or so minutes I listened.

Old 06-17-2016, 03:09 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
I've watched more than a few of his speeches and I cannot, for the life of me, understand why so many people take offense to what he says.

Please explain to me why he is such an offensive jack ace without using political labels and/or insults. Please make a reasonable argument without being insulting.

I am truly interested in why some people think Milo is so offensive. I am open to hearing your points of view without responding in a childish manner.

I thank you in advance for thoughtful responses.

Liberals hate him because the idea that a gay man might be conservative is absolute rat poison to them. It causes a giant psychological crack in their mushy little skulls. They simply cannot fathom the idea.

Old 06-17-2016, 03:27 PM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Ann Coulter is a bomb thrower and it's pretty obvious she says stuff without stats just to rile people and get her name out there. At the end of the day she is trying to sell books. I used to get really annoyed with her. Now I just ignore most of what she says.
She has stats. That's why people don't like her. Oh, and her propensity to say mean things about liberals. But I have seen some pretty awful things said about conservatives, so it's a draw.

Old 06-17-2016, 03:33 PM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Honestly, I haven't even heard her in quite some time. I used to watch Fox News from time to time and see her, but over the last five or so years, it's rare for me to watch Fox; therefore, I didn't know who she supported. That being said, Trump is the GOP nominee, so it would make sense for her to back him.

Like I said above, I haven't seen or heard her in years. Back when I did, she seemed thick on rhetoric and thin on fact. Maybe she's changed, but I'm not going to assume she did. She was always so rude and would just constantly talk over people. Those types don't seem to change much in their personality, because it usually enabled them to bully themselves up the ladder.

This is the first time I've seen or heard of Milo, and I really liked what I heard from him in the eight or so minutes I listened.
She's been on Real Time With Bill Maher a couple of times. That's where I saw her since I don't watch Fox very much. I thought she was very brave to come on that Maher panel and be the only conservative in the bunch. They HATED her, you could tell. The only one that really liked her was Bill, because I think they have a history. He likes people with the guts to stand for what they believe in.

Also, I find her language offensive sometimes, but a whole lot of truth sprinkled in there too.

Old 06-17-2016, 03:50 PM

15,637 posts, read 10,390,278 times
I've watched three of Milo's youtube college talks. His usual, very simple statements are always backed up with studies/facts and sprinkled with humor.

I've never read any critique of Milo that disputed his facts with opposing facts and references. Protesters, reporters, critics who don't like his facts verbally attack him personally and call him names. A giant fail in a debate on issues.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 06-17-2016 at 04:05 PM..

Old 06-17-2016, 04:02 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
never heard of him, watched a few of his clips I can see how he would appeal to some. he's a bit too long winded for my tastes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies