Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2016, 01:42 PM

44,252 posts, read 64,554,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
Get an alarm system if you already don't have one.
I live in the nicest neighborhood in literally the safest city in America.

My alarm went off when 2 big black guys tried to kick down my back door (on video).

Police response? 45 minutes. Bc they don't take house alarms seriously and EVERY criminal knows that.

I begrudge no one owning a gun for home safety.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2016, 01:42 PM

28,343 posts, read 16,457,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
To differentiate one would need regulation.

Yep. And?

Old 06-16-2016, 01:47 PM

679 posts, read 815,620 times
To answer the OPs original question, it will roll out like it usually does:
A whole lot of hyperventilating by the anti gun crowd and their allies in the mainstream media.

A few rhinos in the congress will join the 'rats in sponsoring some feel good legislation that does not address the real cause of the terrorist attacks. The rest of congress will get flooded with calls and letters telling them that "shall not be infringed" means exactly that and not to even vote on it and at the end of the day, our rights will prevail. It has zero chance of getting to the Presidents desk.

This is an election year, so expect it to be an issue in some districts, WV comes to mind. I don't think Manchin is up for reelection this year, he is probably thankful for that.

Someone will start panic buying, so if you are going to buy an AR or finish an AR build, it might make sense to go ahead and get it. I was at Impact Guns this week and they have two walls full of ARs at decent prices. Maybe I'll pick one up.....

Old 06-16-2016, 02:10 PM

42,812 posts, read 26,498,538 times
"Family of AR-15 Inventor Eugene Stoner: He Didn't Intend It for Civilians"

Old 06-16-2016, 02:19 PM

50,553 posts, read 47,382,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
You just keep throwing out these wide generalizations and you are hard to take seriously. Most liberals are not blaming you the gun owner for the crimes committed by others. Not sure where that came from. And they (we) do not want to take away your guns. The vast majority of liberals are simply asking for tighter background checks and possible a ban on certain guns, NOT a total ban on guns. You really need to get your facts straight.

Why, please tell, when there is a mass shooting that doesn't involve an AR the progs immediately say we need to ban the AR?

Or is it semi-autos of which there are probably 150 million, "those certain guns"?? I'm pretty sure the latter is going to get a lot more resistance.

Old 06-16-2016, 02:34 PM

16,378 posts, read 10,531,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Why, please tell, when there is a mass shooting that doesn't involve an AR the progs immediately say we need to ban the AR?

Or is it semi-autos of which there are probably 150 million, "those certain guns"?? I'm pretty sure the latter is going to get a lot more resistance.
Again show me where liberals blame gun owners when crimes have been committed.

I am a liberal, never hid that fact. Have I not come into this thread with an open mind and willingness to learn? Have I not posted at least twice that I am coming around to your side of the argument regarding this particular gun? Yet you continue to make blanket statements as if we all think and act alike. We don't.

Old 06-16-2016, 02:55 PM

50,553 posts, read 47,382,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Again show me where liberals blame gun owners when crimes have been committed.

I am a liberal, never hid that fact. Have I not come into this thread with an open mind and willingness to learn? Have I not posted at least twice that I am coming around to your side of the argument regarding this particular gun? Yet you continue to make blanket statements as if we all think and act alike. We don't.
Better if I put anti-gun progs? Look, gun control laws affect me personally. I've never shot anyone nor do I ever plan on it so why "ban" my weapon? Constantly asking me why I need it doesn't help. So, yes, anti-gun progs are lumping me in with the bad guys.

Is the goal just to P*ss people like me off? Lastly, it's been pointed out in detail a ban does nothing any anti-gunners want. It just costs me money and it's a pita that will do ZERO to stop actual bad guys.

Old 06-16-2016, 03:01 PM

19,759 posts, read 10,209,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post

Recently some of the designers of the AR-15 indicated the same, Eugene Stoners family and Jim Sullivan, why does a civilian need a military style weapon for home defense.
Sullivan has come out since then, saying that they edited the interview to say that. It is not what he said.

Last edited by Floorist; 06-16-2016 at 03:48 PM..

Old 06-16-2016, 03:06 PM

16,378 posts, read 10,531,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Better if I put anti-gun progs? Look, gun control laws affect me personally. I've never shot anyone nor do I ever plan on it so why "ban" my weapon? Constantly asking me why I need it doesn't help. So, yes, anti-gun progs are lumping me in with the bad guys.

Is the goal just to P*ss people like me off? Lastly, it's been pointed out in detail a ban does nothing any anti-gunners want. It just costs me money and it's a pita that will do ZERO to stop actual bad guys.
OK calm down and let me give you the point of view of most of us liberals. Up until a few days ago I was in this group. As you can see since I have been educated on this particular gun I am changing my opinion, making me the first person in the history of the internet to be convinced to change an opinion on anything.

But back on topic the general feeling among liberals is not to take your guns and it's not to blame you for the shootings. They felt that guns like this, which were built for the sole purpose of killing as many people as possible, are not necessary. They felt you could survive without such a gun which to them looks like nothing more than a way to get your rocks off at the cost of innocent lives.

They understood that making them illegal would not rid the world of them, they just didn't want to make it as easy for the whack jobs to simply walk into a gun store and come out with one. But the important thing for you to understand is there is huge difference between their want to ban THIS gun and the want to come to your house and rip your guns from you grubby paws. Even the most hard core liberal knows that's not going to happen, it's merely a pipe dream. But for most of us the feeling was guns ain't for me but if it's works for you, with the understanding that they are protected by the 2nd Amendment, then have at it. To assume that once we get this gun banned we will come after others is simply paranoia and not true. I've been in the liberal huddles, I've attended the password protected secret meetings. You're gonna have to trust me on this, that ain't the plan for the vast majority of us.

Old 06-16-2016, 03:21 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,145,760 times
Is there some point there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies