Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should race stay on a drivers license?
YES race should stay on a drivers license 22 48.89%
NO race should no longer be mentioned 23 51.11%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 05:15 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,767,070 times

Advertisements

Please choose:

Race should be mentioned on a drivers license or

Race should Not be mentioned.

Many kids have 2 parents of mixed race. How do some have to choose which group they belong to because a label nerds to be put on them.
Isn't it time to leave race of a drivers license?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2016, 05:26 AM

2,869 posts, read 4,454,397 times
Is this a common practice in the USA ?

It certainly is NOT done here in Canada. As a matter of fact, it is illegal to ask what race a person considers themselves to be, except on the national census report. Employers cannot ask that, neither can schools or Universities. and most certainly not on a Provincial drivers license.

In other words, in this country, a person's race is not important, at all.

Jim B.

Old 06-16-2016, 05:27 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,084,698 times
No race listed on drivers licenses in my state. Just eye color and height

Old 06-16-2016, 05:32 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,016,074 times
Same here in Texas. No mention of race at all. Of course, there is a photo of me.

Now, on my license it shows that I am "Class C", meaning I may drive vehicles weighing under a certain weight and with a certain number of passengers. Did the OP believe that the "C" stood for Caucasian?

Old 06-16-2016, 05:37 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
On my license, race is not mentioned. I'm of mixed heritage and so many times I mark "other."

Old 06-16-2016, 05:40 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,756,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian citizen View Post

It certainly is NOT done here in Canada. As a matter of fact, it is illegal to ask what race a person considers themselves to be, except on the national census report. Employers cannot ask that, neither can schools or Universities. and most certainly not on a Provincial drivers license.

Jim B.

I could care less either way about this issue but you sir are getting tiresome. All you seem to do on this forum is go around posting about how much better Canada is at everything, how superior Canada's way of doing things is compared to America's, how rude and obnoxious American people are. If you were as cocksure confident about Canada's superiority as you incessantly try to convince us you are you would have no reason to come on to a mostly American bulletin board and bleat about it all the time.

Old 06-16-2016, 05:45 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,584,790 times
Quote:

In other words, in [Canada], a person's race is not important, at all.

Unless you're a first nation Canuck. Then you got shafted and abused and discriminated against and cheated, based on your race.

Old 06-16-2016, 05:52 AM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times
not sure all DLs have a picture, remember not all did - but for LEOS helps a lot to see who is what comparing on a database whop they chasing- imagine----you have a description on a radio and copper is chasing rapist?

Old 06-16-2016, 08:50 AM

12,391 posts, read 8,161,837 times
Quote:

Jim B.
I have never heard of it on state ID cards . It was on birth certificates.

Old 06-16-2016, 09:02 AM

788 posts, read 513,068 times
Quote:

Jim B.
For identification purposes, it is critical. This isn't a difficult issue, folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies