Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 06:12 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times

Advertisements

The constitution has never allowed States to choose their residents.

Texas is part of the union, and it will remain a part of it. No other state gets to choose its residents, and Texas ain't gonna be the first.

They'll take Syrian refugees with a smile, and they'll LIKE IT too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2016, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Deal is, no state has to consent to the demands of any federal court.... FACT.

As they say and Texas knows it well. They can only govern, those that consent.
Don't worry. You and your fellow Texans will consent.

Be sure to show the Syrians that southern hospitality that you rebs are known for!

Old 06-17-2016, 06:22 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,979,590 times
Why are fighting-age men being called "refugees"?

And why hasn't Saudi Arabia taken in a single "refugee"?

Last edited by mm4; 06-17-2016 at 07:01 PM..

Old 06-17-2016, 07:00 PM

21,478 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Texas is so big, and we have so many Muslims already here, that we will never notice it unless he's sending them to a small town.

Oh, and we are nice to them. I see Muslims every single day. They all seem nice to me. I take them at their word and treat them with respect. If behind closed doors they're plotting, I guess we will find out when the next attack occurs. Nothing we can do about it. That's the federal government that is supposed to protect the citizens, though I don't believe they're doing a good job of it.

Old 06-17-2016, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
Why are fighting-age men being called "refugees"?

And why hasn't Saudi Arabia taken in a single "refugee"?
Why didn't neighboring countries take in your ancestors when they needed a place to go?

That's the same reason the Saudis didn't take in Syrian refugees.

Besides, the Saudis didn't destabilize the region. We did.

Old 06-17-2016, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Why didn't neighboring countries take in your ancestors when they needed a place to go?

That's the same reason the Saudis didn't take in Syrian refugees.

Besides, the Saudis didn't destabilize the region. We did.
Really? I seem to recall most of the 9/11 terrorists were Saudis.

Old 06-17-2016, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Really? I seem to recall most of the 9/11 terrorists were Saudis.
9/11 didn't destabilize the Middle East. Our response to it did.

Old 06-17-2016, 10:37 PM

Quote:
9/11 didn't destabilize the Middle East. Our response to it did.
I always thought so, but screw Saudi Arabia. We never destabilized them for one minute. They are still the worst place on earth, and their leaders are still firmly in charge. They destabilized everything by importing their brand of Islam all over the world. They are the reason fundamentalism is growing instead of becoming more moderate over time. They caused all of it as far as I'm concerned. Bush just took the bait, but they're the ones holding the rod.

I also don't think we destabilized it. We just took the lid off the crazy. And Obama is no better. He destabilized Libya and kept the Syrian rebellion going for so long it caused trouble all over the world.

Old 06-17-2016, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I always thought so, but screw Saudi Arabia. We never destabilized them for one minute. They are still the worst place on earth, and their leaders are still firmly in charge. They destabilized everything by importing their brand of Islam all over the world. They are the reason fundamentalism is growing instead of becoming more moderate over time. They caused all of it as far as I'm concerned. Bush just took the bait, but they're the ones holding the rod.

I also don't think we destabilized it. We just took the lid off the crazy. And Obama is no better. He destabilized Libya and kept the Syrian rebellion going for so long it caused trouble all over the world.
The genesis remains our '53 overthrow of a democratically elected government in Iran. That stupid and totally unwarranted action would have steep consequences that we're still seeing the fallout from.

Secondly, our support for the Mujihadeen in Afghanistan against the Soviets was equally stupid and shortsighted. We had no national interests in Afghanistan. The Soviets never would have won, and the rebels would've continued to bleed the Soviets and keep them occupied for as long as the Soviets tried to subdue them.

Thirdly, our support for dictators in the Arab world came back to bite us.

Then our invasion of Iraq. Don't even have to explain how stupid that was.

Sorry, but I can't let us off the hook. This isn't the Saudis fault.

Old 06-17-2016, 11:44 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
Quote:
The genesis remains our '53 overthrow of a democratically elected government in Iran. That stupid and totally unwarranted action would have steep consequences that we're still seeing the fallout from.

Secondly, our support for the Mujihadeen in Afghanistan against the Soviets was equally stupid and shortsighted. We had no national interests in Afghanistan. The Soviets never would have won, and the rebels would've continued to bleed the Soviets and keep them occupied for as long as the Soviets tried to subdue them.

Thirdly, our support for dictators in the Arab world came back to bite us.

Then our invasion of Iraq. Don't even have to explain how stupid that was.

Sorry, but I can't let us off the hook. This isn't the Saudis fault.
Saudis met with Obama today. Do you think he bowed when he met with them and traded some Asalamalakums?

Obama, Saudi prince focus on Iraq and Syria in Washington meeting | Reuters

Frankly, the USA shouldn't be taking in refugees when we can't afford to take care of our veterans, or our homeless problem. I see thousands of homeless people on the streets of Los Angeles, and we have to import more jobless people? They're going to get tons of free aid, why can't our citizens get that help instead?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies