Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 10:51 PM

21,480 posts, read 10,579,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Islam doesn't preach hate, not anymore than Christianity.
Oh boy, we know not all of them do, but the sects that produce the most radical elements preach hate every day. They hate Jews, they treat women like half a person, and kill people for things like infidelity and being gay. Which is odd considering the propensity over there for diddling little boys. They had no reformation, and their perfect Muslim was a conqueror, not a peace loving guy like Jesus. Yet, most people aren't conquerors or psychopaths, so they don't follow the more violent texts of the Quran. Unfortunately, there is a large and growing group of extremely radicalized Muslims who do.

Maybe increased extremism is a feature of modernization. I'm sure the Christian Reformation was a horrible time to live, but after a few generations it changed the religion. Unfortunately, we are living through that time for these guys, and I don't have a few generations of time left. This is only going to get worse before it gets better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2016, 10:53 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,566,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
While I agree that Muslim countries are most often well behind their Western counterparts in diversity of opinion, treatment of women and, of course, gays, that is as much political as it is religious. I'm not defending Islam, I find most religions to be subjectively interpreted and sometimes harmful. Islam is far worse than Christianity as a political tool.

But to say that the purpose of Islam is to "preach hate" is not true. ISIS, Saudi Arabia, Iran, are not representative of the teachings of Islam. Billions of Muslims have no intention of hating anyone.
It's millions not billions. Secondly we don't really know the true number because the punishment for apostasy is death. You could perhaps find an openly Ex-Muslim in Turkey but not in other Muslim countries, because even if not the law, vigilante justice ensures no one leaves Islam.

Muhammad said; "Whoever leaves Islam, kill him". (Sahih Bukhari 4.52.260)

Old 06-16-2016, 11:17 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
I wouldn't trust any muslim .. they will act friendly to you and plot killing you.. that is what happened to the co workers who gave a baby shower to the two muslims only to be gunned down by them.. They practice taqiyya and they lie to you as they seem sincere as a friend but their heart and religion tells them to hate you and kill you.

Old 06-16-2016, 11:29 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I suggest you study up on the Koran. Islam is founded on conquest, subjugation, murder and rape. That is what makes it so appealing to unintelligent people with a tendency towards violence.
Right. There would have never been any need for the Crusades if Muslims were willing to get along with their neighbors and let them practice Christianity in peace. Muslims can't even get along with their own religious sects.

Old 06-16-2016, 11:56 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,837,223 times
You should be a good person to all you encounter. No matter your thoughts, people should be given the benefit of the doubt.

**I'm a terrible Conservative, aparently**

Old 06-17-2016, 12:58 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post

What do you think?
You should convert.

[]

Old 06-17-2016, 10:15 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I wouldn't trust any muslim .. they will act friendly to you and plot killing you.. that is what happened to the co workers who gave a baby shower to the two muslims only to be gunned down by them.. They practice taqiyya and they lie to you as they seem sincere as a friend but their heart and religion tells them to hate you and kill you.
thsi is what we need to STOP doing. painting whole groups with a broad brush.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
You should be a good person to all you encounter. No matter your thoughts, people should be given the benefit of the doubt.

**I'm a terrible Conservative, aparently**
why? i am conservative and i believe in giving the benefit of the doubt, and i believe in second chances as well.

Old 06-17-2016, 10:29 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
I've met a few Muslims through work and school, and I've become acquaintances with some of them (like I'm friends with them on Facebook, or I'll say hi to them if they see me.) Should I unfriend them, and tell them to go back to their home countries or the countries where their parents came from? What if they're working with me - should I refuse to work with them, tell them that their barbaric values don't align with America, and that they should get out and go home?

What do you think?

What do YOU think?

Old 06-17-2016, 11:40 AM

7,480 posts, read 6,262,592 times
Quote:
I've met a few Muslims through work and school, and I've become acquaintances with some of them (like I'm friends with them on Facebook, or I'll say hi to them if they see me.) Should I unfriend them, and tell them to go back to their home countries or the countries where their parents came from? What if they're working with me - should I refuse to work with them, tell them that their barbaric values don't align with America, and that they should get out and go home?

What do you think?
Sure, go for it.

Old 06-17-2016, 12:37 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,949,093 times
Don't be nice to them, but don't be rude either. Engage with them only as necessary. Be formally polite, but in a cold way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies