Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 01:24 AM

4,761 posts, read 7,845,216 times

Advertisements

Good night, all. DM me a question is you like. I won't be available for the next few hours. This fat boy needs a bit of rest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2016, 01:24 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,857,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Genuine question here that I've wondered about.

If you're safely locking and storing your gun properly, how do you have it ready to use in time when seconds count? Say, during a break-in or a robbery?

Aha! There it is, people.

The "safe storage" crowd have exposed themselves. It's not children getting their hands on weapons that they're concerned about. That's the ruse they're using to try to ensure that legal gun owners can't readily access their guns to shoot a poor intruder.

Guess what? We can. In fact, we're pretty good at it, and fast. Again, it's so amusing when people who know nothing about guns spout off about them.

Thanks for the laugh.

Old 06-17-2016, 06:03 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,595,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Since Florida has relaxed gun laws, why didn't they save 49 people from getting gunned down? Why were there no good guys with a gun?
Crime is a culture thing. Unless the law is specifically "preventing" a crime, it most likely won't do anything. How do you prevent a crime? We have been murdering each other since the beginning of the time, banning one even all murder weapons isn't going to stop even reduce murder. "I can't find a gun so I won't kill that SOB," said no one through the history of murder, massacre and genocides.

The existence of guns in law abiding citizens will not make crime go up or down.

Furthermore, even good guys with guns were present, they would not be obligated to save you. In the lefty litigation happy society, the responsibility of the good guys with guns is their families and themselves.

Old 06-17-2016, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Genuine question here that I've wondered about.

If you're safely locking and storing your gun properly, how do you have it ready to use in time when seconds count? Say, during a break-in or a robbery?
It depends the definition of safety locking and storing.

For people with kids, they typically use something like gunvault that can be opened in less than a second.

Old 06-17-2016, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Hey gun nut?

Do you think there should be a common sense gun law? Thanks
Absolutely. We have yet to see one common sense gun laws proposed by the Democrats. A common sense gun law should target criminals not law abiding citizens. For example, mandatory life sentence for anybody and their accomplices using a gun in committing any felony would easily save thousands of lives. Where is that law?

Old 06-17-2016, 06:21 AM

59,274 posts, read 27,446,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Since Florida has relaxed gun laws, why didn't they save 49 people from getting gunned down? Why were there no good guys with a gun?
"Since Florida has relaxed gun laws"

Which laws are "relaxed"?

What laws are in effect?

I saw an interview with e the gun store owner who sold the guns to the "nut"

He stated hat even a cop has to go through the mandatory FBI background check in order to buy a private gun.

Old 06-17-2016, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Hey gun nut?

Do you think there should be a common sense gun law? Thanks
I'll answer.

"common sense" is a relative term.

Be specific.

Old 06-17-2016, 06:27 AM

45,516 posts, read 60,746,993 times
My question is, should I go ahead and buy the new Browning Auto 5 in 16 gauge? I already have a Silver in 12 but I also really like 16s. Some might call it an obsession.

Old 06-17-2016, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Absolutely. We have yet to see one common sense gun laws proposed by the Democrats. A common sense gun law should target criminals not law abiding citizens. For example, mandatory life sentence for anybody and their accomplices using a gun in committing any felony would easily save thousands of lives. Where is that law?
"mandatory life sentence for anybody and their accomplices using a gun in committing any felony"

I would go further, mandatory life sentence for anybody and their accomplices using a gun in committing ANY CRIME.

This why many countries have less crime then we do. The ACTUALLY PUNISH the criminal.

We coddle them.

MOST crimes are committed by REPEAT offenders who have rap sheets as long as your arm.

Does THAT make ANY sense?

Old 06-17-2016, 06:43 AM

18,471 posts, read 7,112,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"mandatory life sentence for anybody and their accomplices using a gun in committing any felony"

I would go further, mandatory life sentence for anybody and their accomplices using a gun in committing ANY CRIME.

This why many countries have less crime then we do. The ACTUALLY PUNISH the criminal.

We coddle them.

MOST crimes are committed by REPEAT offenders who have rap sheets as long as your arm.

Does THAT make ANY sense?
It makes complete sense.

But it would "disproportionately effect minorities"

So it's a nonstarter in Liberal La-La Land.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies