Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 08:32 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,823,755 times

Advertisements

Since this tragedy, I have seen liberals everywhere saying to conservatives "why are you praying if you hate gays?" or "Your party hates gays, why do you care?" I have seen it on politicians facebook pages, twitter, and more.

Here is Anderson Cooper being a douche to Pam Bondi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkSUE7esjG8

Here are other examples from twitter:

(((Morgan Harris)))
‏@mharris621
@SenCapito Your prayers are worthless. You and your party are pro-massacre. Carry NRA water, you're complicit.

The Angry Liberal ‏@angryandliberal Jun 12
@Franklin_Graham You don't need to pray, Frank. You need to stop contributing to the hatred of LGBT people with your ignorant rhetoric.

Michael ‏@humilitylove78 Jun 13
@Franklin_Graham your prayers do not mean it's people like You that create this kind of hatred and violence that we wind up..

Michael ‏@humilitylove78 Jun 13
@Franklin_Graham enduring in this country. How dare you have the nerve to even say the word gay you intolerant Nazi extremist. >

(I edited the cuss words, but everything else is word for word)

Ironic that they are the ones calling someone intolerant, yet they are the ones who think conservatives shouldn't be allowed to show compassion.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 06-14-2016 at 10:16 PM.. Reason: bypassing the profanity filter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2016, 08:36 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,513,424 times
Why? Because conservatives like to discriminate against gays. Now they want to pretend they care. No ones buying it.

Old 06-14-2016, 08:41 PM

2,903 posts, read 3,456,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post

Ironic that they are the ones calling someone intolerant, yet they are the ones who think conservatives shouldn't be allowed to show compassion.
Just stop right there. Conservatives have a long history of hating gays and of using prayer ana religions and curses against us. Recall Falwell -- that gays "caused 911." So after all of these horrible, hurtful comments over these many, many years, do you really expect gays to trust conservatives? C'mon, you're being silly. Not going to happen.

And I doubt gays care if conservatives are showing "compassion," they just don't believe it is genuine and belive that were there no gravy to be made by the GOP, were there not the potential to score cheap political points, conservative wouldn't give two snaps about gays. I don't mistrust the enemy I don't know, I mistrust my enemy I do know.

Old 06-14-2016, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Why? Because conservatives like to discriminate against gays. Now they want to pretend they care. No ones buying it.
Its the loss of a human life. I don't know any conservatives who want to see gays dead. There is a saying called "hate the sin, love the sinner." Did you expect them to be cheering because gays died? Remember, Hillary Clinton and Obama were against gay marriage not too long ago(probably still are, but that's a different subject). Does that mean they wouldn't have "cared" a few years ago? Its the loss of innocent Americans from terrorism. Anybody who is sane would show compassion. Even if they don't agree with gay marriage. You don't have to agree with someone to not love them.

Old 06-14-2016, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
Just stop right there. Conservatives have a long history of hating gays and of using prayer ana religions and curses against us. Recall Falwell -- that gays "caused 911." So after all of these horrible, hurtful comments over these many, many years, do you really expect gays to trust conservatives? C'mon, you're being silly. Not going to happen.

And I doubt gays care if conservatives are showing "compassion," they just don't believe it is genuine and belive that were there no gravy to be made by the GOP, were there not the potential to score cheap political points, conservative wouldn't give two snaps about gays. I don't mistrust the enemy I don't know, I mistrust my enemy I do know.
So conservatives aren't allowed to show compassion over the loss of human life? That makes you the intolerant.

Old 06-14-2016, 08:48 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,861,584 times
Do you mean why are there a couple mean tweets?

Old 06-14-2016, 08:49 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,909,481 times
Because most true conservatives use there relegion as a weapon none of them really are in support for anything gay.

The brainwashing that occurs behind religious beliefs can cause someone to do great things, as well as horrific atrocities or pass stupid ass Laws like the conservatives do. History (past/present has shown this Religion creates intolerance.

Now all of a sudden the conservatives feel bad. Were you feeling bad when you were discriminating against them or trying to keep them from there civil rights?

Old 06-14-2016, 08:50 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,869,455 times
Because prayers are empty gestures when they are uttered by Christian fundies like Graham who preach hate against gays 365 days a year. Or by right wingers who have fought against gay rights for years.

They want to "pray" for the people they work so hard to oppress. Pardon the rest of us while we gag on their hypocrisy.

Old 06-14-2016, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
Because most true conservatives use there relegion as a weapon none of them really are in support for anything gay.

The brainwashing that occurs behind religious beliefs can cause someone to do great things, as well as horrific atrocities or pass stupid ass Laws like the conservatives do. History (past/present has shown this Religion creates intolerance.

Now all of a sudden the conservatives feel bad. Were you feeling bad when you were discriminating against them or trying to keep them from there civil rights?
Everybody should feel bad over the loss of lives. Even if they don't agree with their lifestyle. Why is that so hard to comprehend?

Old 06-14-2016, 08:51 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,909,481 times
He chewed her behind to pieces. Had her stumbling. She is just trying to capitalize off the deaths of those people. While not long ago she was advocating against them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies