Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 12:24 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
It has nothing to do with EU or "world government." It has to do with the fact that artificial intelligence is coming like a tidal wave, and it's going to hit here in the USA, too.

But a tidal wave is a force of nature and unstoppable. Superhuman AIs will not come into existence unless we work very hard to build them. So the question is why? Why create something that is, by definition, inhuman? Why would we want to share the world with more powerful beings who are completely alien to us?

Old 06-22-2016, 04:08 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
When I was about 11 or 12, I read "Robots of Dawn". It depicted humans as some kind of trash while robots were thought of as superior beings...with rights! An investigation in to who "killed" a robot named Jander is the freakin' plot. It was science fiction. It was not true, nowhere close to being true, would never be true. That was part of the joy of reading it...it was fiction.

This is not the first time that I've been reminded of other past books of FICTION that I've read, never once thinking it would be real. As each year passes, I think I've entered some kind of Twilight Zone where "this is ludicrous" becomes reality.

And behind every single one of those times are the liberals who are making the absolutely absurd and ridiculous, the bizarre, a reality. I cannot believe, and am wondering if I'm not really awake at 3 in the morning but am instead having a nightmare, that anyone would ever write, "Well of course they'll have rights".

The level of absolute astonishment that I have doesn't even have a word, because that word has not yet been created. It is beyond any word that already exists in the English language.

Old 10-01-2016, 11:27 AM

32 posts, read 21,725 times
are you serious? robots with rights
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies