Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2016, 10:18 AM

6,141 posts, read 3,371,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Actually, they are all invasive procedures which do in fact entail medical risk.

What this ruling does is establish that women are 2nd class citizens in regards to their access to health care procedures.

And, again, it's women's Constitutional right to accept that inferior status as legitimate.
Apparently, there is much misinformations out there for saying ALL are invasive procedures.. Yikes! I guess I will post some links that explain the differences for those unaware.

Invasive ( curettage/suction) procedure when delay ( often caused by forcing that delay thru government interference laws) . There are many legislators passing such laws in States like Texas that actually increase risk factors ..Then of course laws that close off access ( Planned Parenthood i.e.) for Birth Control. I would actually go so far to suggest that it is Legislators who are actually putting women at risk..not protecting them So my question is just "Who are the ones treating women as 2nd class Citizens?"

http://www.everywomanshealthcentre.c...s-surgical.pdf

https://www.ucsfhealth.org/education...ical_abortion/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2016, 10:19 AM

2,201 posts, read 1,875,685 times
Can the Supreme Court Decisions save you from Gods collateral damage IF He decides to bless their
decisions or can those decisions result in death or suffering for you and your family. The risk has to do with judgment and what precipitated it. Abortion is suspected in ANY form to tick off God then you push
His buttons with same sex marriage and spit on His covenants. I believe the culmination of evil whether
intentional or out of a perversion within the "rights issue" will climax in a systematic destruction of America
via natural disasters post court decisions in Sodomon . Anotherwords here we go again.

89,002 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Wisdom tooth removal also entails risk of complication, but dentists can perform these procedures in an office without having admitting privileges, even if they administer anesthesia. Why are people with bad teeth second class citizens?
Oral SURGEON ring a bell? And dental surgery centers are quite common.

Quote:
Listen, I had an abortion well into my second trimester after diagnosis of severe fetal defect. My abortion took place in a university hospital under the care of a perinatalogist, which was necessary.
That procedure was correctly performed.

Quote:
A dose of misoprostel at eight weeks does not require the same level of facility nor does it require the provider have admitting privileges.
Then why aren't abortions limited to only such a procedure? They're not, and you know it. Vacuum aspiration abortions are performed in facilities that are inferior to the standards surgical centers must meet.

What this ruling does is establish that women are 2nd class citizens in regards to their access to health care procedures.

And, again, it's women's Constitutional right to accept that inferior status as legitimate.

Why are you having such a problem accepting those facts?

If you wish to accept the inferior 2nd class status of women in regards to their health needs that this ruling confers, that's on you, but you have no right whatsoever to make that acceptance on behalf of any other woman.

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
Which women are having abortions performed in their own homes?

We're talking about facilities in which invasive medical procedures are being performed. Procedures which do indeed entail potentially lethal medical risks.

You claimed that in the event of an emergency that a stretcher couldn't get in to get a woman out. I find this a silly claim since stretchers can easily fit through house halls and doors. Are the halls and doors in office buildings smaller than in houses? No, since they are already required to be ADA compliant to fit wheel chairs. Doors and halls that are ADA compliant are wider than the halls and doors in most houses.
So, if the doors and halls in office buildings are already ADA compliant and thus WIDER than the doors and halls in homes, how can you claim that stretchers won't fit?

And outpatient surgical procedures are already allowed in most doctors and dentists offices WITHOUT them being required to follow the same rules that were being imposed on abortion providers in TX.

Old 06-27-2016, 10:21 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,278,343 times
Quote:
What does that have to do with requiring one set of standards for a surgical center, but allowing inferior standards at abortion clinics?

Absolutely nothing.

Again, what this ruling does is establish that women are 2nd class citizens in regards to their access to health care procedures.

Because the standards have nothing to do with health and everything to do with bureaucracy. They create rules simply to create rules. Even when the vast majority of experts say their rules don't alter anything in regards to health.

Old 06-27-2016, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Because Row vs. Wade would not consider the child being aborted as being human as it certainly was. This shows why it is so important to put logical thinking people on the Supreme Court. Row vs. Wade was a wrong decision and will always be a wrong decision but the court does not have to keep being wrong forever. What does 40 years have to do with rights of the aborted babies? Have you ever thought there could be a curse on America from all those babies crying out from the grave for justice? I think that is very possible.
And it will always be the decision. I think anti abortion proponents need to realize that they will always lose this battle. I seriously don't think fetuses who lack advanced cognitive functions and the ability to understand the concept of justice are crying for it either.

Old 06-27-2016, 10:25 AM

Quote:

That procedure was correctly performed.

Then why aren't abortions limited to only such a procedure? They're not, and you know it. Vacuum aspiration abortions are performed in facilities that are inferior to the standards surgical centers must meet.

If you wish to accept the inferior 2nd class status of women in regards to their health needs that this ruling confers, that's on you, but you have no right whatsoever to make that acceptance on behalf of any other woman.
They aren't because they are not as effective past a certain date. I think the only one that is having a hard time accepting the facts is you. These clinics have operated safety and effectively for generations. The rules are bureaucratic in nature in regards to surgery centers. They aren't there to actually save lives.

Old 06-27-2016, 10:25 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,364,015 times
Quote:
Of the four wisdom tooth removals performed for members of my immediate family, three of them were performed by dentists in the same chair where we had our semi-annual dental cleanings. My husband's vasectomy was an office procedure. Try again.

Old 06-27-2016, 10:29 AM

42,846 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Children will be killed because of this yet you two think it's a great decision. Maybe the end times are near.
what staggering hypocrisy..do you remember when you said this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
You both are completely missing the point. FORGET the wedlock thing ok? It's really not about that. It's about personal responsibility and stopping this disease of single parenthood and neglected children:smack: It's not even about money really, it's about enforcing some personal responsibility.
You rant about the 'disease of single parenthood' and the end times being near because women can get an abortion. Just make up your mind, ok? Because once a woman is pregnant she basically has two choices - get an abortion or have the baby. You want to outlaw abortion and wag your finger at her for having the baby.. geez, you just can't make this stuff up

Old 06-27-2016, 10:35 AM

89,002 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
You claimed that in the event of an emergency that a stretcher couldn't get in to get a woman out. I find this a silly claim since stretchers can easily fit through house halls and doors.
Not always.

Quote:
And outpatient surgical procedures are already allowed in most doctors and dentists offices WITHOUT them being required to follow the same rules that were being imposed on abortion providers in TX.
Depends on the procedure. You might want to check on that. Mole removal? Perhaps. Vacuum aspiration abortions? That entails significantly more medical risks, several of them potentially fatal.

I'm not getting the big opposition to requiring abortion clinics to meet the same standards as surgery centers. Why aren't people all up in arms claiming that the higher standards surgery centers must meet make it more difficult for people to obtain the services they provide? Because it just simply isn't true.

The arguments against requiring abortion clinics to meet the same standards are completely irrational and contain no logic whatsoever.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies