Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2016, 12:55 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,285,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
As I've stated before, I have a much much better chance of dying in a car wreck on the way to see a movie about terrorists than I do of being killed by terrorists.

More people will suffer by the hands of our government than by terrorism over here.
Head in the sand. Pathetic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2016, 12:59 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
And women murdered babies. What's next for libs, a Muslim's right to choose?
Don't give them any ideas, Laura

Old 07-02-2016, 05:00 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,092,033 times
What a abject goofy point of view some people hsve

Go to Detroit... or any other community filled with secular Muslims who don't want any integration into American society..who practice Sharia law abet our justice system
Listen to the call to prayer broadcast

That call is an ever present reminder some sick jihadi is coming for every non Muslim

Kids cry

A slight difference in perspective don't you think?

Old 07-02-2016, 08:51 PM

613 posts, read 815,982 times
Toddlers:
It’s high time someone called out these crawling, miniature menaces.
Who knows what they are planning with their indecipherable gibberish.
These pablum powered provocateurs have been pampered for too long.
Let's call them what they are, usurpers. They mean to replace us.
It’s time to stand up to these tiny fingered, toddling terrorists.

Old 07-10-2016, 06:47 PM

35,137 posts, read 17,087,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Granted, this article is from May 2016. I understand one could argue that the mass shooting at Pulse in Orlando, FL was done by a Muslim terrorist but, to me, that is kinda shaky. I think he suffered internalized homophobia brought on by a fundamentalist father that instilled terrible values. Regardless, this really tells me that we should ban toddlers and the immigration of these violent thugs.

According to the Washington Post, our nation's nurseries are housing more than just unbearable levels of cuteness: Twenty-three people have been shot by toddlers in the U.S. since the start of 2016 — exactly 23 more than have been shot by Muslim terrorists over the same period.

https://mic.com/articles/142348/in-2...ave#.nPxczkMPn
I sure hope you're being facetious.Edited to add:

Quote:
Yeah, that's true. We are talking about accidents as opposed to purposeful killings. I think the point is that we need to worry about Muslim terrorists like we need to worry about toddlers killing us - even if accidentally. I don't downplay the threat of Muslim terrorism like many of the posters here probably think. Obviously that is a problem but it is a smaller problem compared to other terrorist act in this country.
You were not jesting and that is just sad. The fact that as of a certain date there had not been a massacre does not mean that there isn't a very serious problem. People killed by toddlers are usually reckless for leaving guns out or the victim's safety is being guaranteed by a careless person. An attendee at a San Bernardino holiday party, a gay person out partying in Orlando, or a secretary sitting at her desk in the World Trade Center were all just living life, and were killed because of some 9th Centry belief. I don't care that these people have grievances, are angry, don't believe Westerners should exist in the Middle East or anywhere in the wold.

They are at war with us and we need to fight back.

Old 07-19-2016, 01:00 AM

316 posts, read 214,875 times
Look Im a left leaning party, but if you can say that toddlers kill more than terrorists pro-gun advocates can say vehicles, bombs etc kill people but they arent banned. you can't get it both ways. I've had enough of ban the guns and ban the Muslims along with the hypocrisy on both ends..

Old 07-19-2016, 05:15 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,373,513 times
Quote:
Granted, this article is from May 2016. I understand one could argue that the mass shooting at Pulse in Orlando, FL was done by a Muslim terrorist but, to me, that is kinda shaky. I think he suffered internalized homophobia brought on by a fundamentalist father that instilled terrible values. Regardless, this really tells me that we should ban toddlers and the immigration of these violent thugs.

According to the Washington Post, our nation's nurseries are housing more than just unbearable levels of cuteness: Twenty-three people have been shot by toddlers in the U.S. since the start of 2016 — exactly 23 more than have been shot by Muslim terrorists over the same period.

We can play this game with just about any subject. For example: black people are FAR more likely to be killed by other black people than they are by the police. These are well known statistics. Yet which subject makes the news and gets the attention? Which subject draws the attention of liberals and BLM supporters?
I wonder if you or other left leaning people would be as flippant or facetious with this subject as you are with terrorism!

I tend to doubt it.

People don't get outraged over pure statistics. People aren't logical, unemotional automations!

People are outraged over police shootings despite the fact that black on black violence is far worse because the police are supposed to protect us and be held to a higher standard.

People are outraged over acts of terrorism because we don't want to live with the constant fear of a suicide
bomber blowing themselves (and us) up every time we step into a public area. It's the randomness of it!
We know we are more likely to die in a car crash or from heart disease or cancer but we get outraged when
our freedom to move about in public becomes threatened with the possibility of a totally random attack at any time or place. We don't want to turn into Israel where terrorism has become a fact of life as much as car crashes and heart disease!

Old 07-19-2016, 05:28 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,773,327 times
I haven't read the entire thread and maybe its already been pointed out but the premise of the article is entirely wrong. The Orlando jihadi attack alone is more than double the # of toddler shootings.

Old 07-19-2016, 05:41 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,795,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
There already is a solution, which I suspect you are in agreement with it. Abortion.
Maybe Trump will build a wall around every woman's uterus and make them pay for it?

Old 07-19-2016, 08:23 AM

1,300 posts, read 962,789 times
Quote:

Toddlers should be properly vetted before being allowed to leave the womb. Lets have a moratorium on further births until we can identify the dangerous ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies