Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2016, 10:39 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Maybe you will understand if I type slowly........

Wealth is not finite.

You don't make less money because someone else makes more.

If I become a millionaire, that in no way prevents you from becoming a millionaire also.

Exactly what part of this is so difficult to comprehend?
The government did not print me billions of dollars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2016, 11:10 PM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-income...53.html?ref=gs

Even though the 99% also saw gains, the very rich pulled further ahead, increasing inequality and by definition, decreasing democracy. Because we have to choose; either massive income and wealth inequality where the donor class buy elections; or democracy. This inequality is DESIGNED by the donor class and we get what we deserve when we continue to vote for their puppets in both parties. Only Bernie Sanders was beholden to no one but the people in this election and fought for the 99%.
Thank you Obama...borrowing Trillions from the Chinese and giving to the Wall Street banks that supported him has helped enrich people like me.

Old 07-02-2016, 04:27 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Raise the rates.
I agree. But they can't because that will trigger another round of mortgage defaults and cause another mortgage meltdown and subsequent financial crisis. That is, unless the Federal Reserve creates another $4-6 trillion in QE to buy and hold GSE MBS and just lets those wither away, as well.

HUD's "Affordable Lending" program easy money to what should have been unqualified home buyers thoroughly screwed the economy, and it's the crappy gift that keeps on giving.

Old 07-02-2016, 04:42 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
You didnt even bother to read. The rich pulled further ahead in percentage terms.

The donor class is laughing at working class folks who defend them and vote for their puppets. They dont care about people like you, so why defend them and vote for their puppets?
Of COURSE I DIDN'T READ IT.

It would have been a waste of time.

Just another liberal whining.

"somebody working succeeded. Oh something is wrong! Where is mine? Woe is me.

"The donor class is laughing at working class folks"

Have you seen this personally?

How many have you seen?

Or just whining because someone ELSE has succeeded while you haven't.

"They don't care about people like you," I don't EPECT then to. Why should they?

AWW are your little feelings hurt, because you think they don't care about you?

You poor baby!

Grow up.

Old 07-02-2016, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I agree. But they can't because that will trigger another round of mortgage defaults and cause another mortgage meltdown and subsequent financial crisis. That is, unless the Federal Reserve creates another $4-6 trillion in QE to buy and hold GSE MBS and just lets those wither away, as well.

HUD's "Affordable Lending" program easy money to what should have been unqualified home buyers thoroughly screwed the economy, and it's the crappy gift that keeps on giving.
The government created a program to assist those in bad loans restructure them so surely these loans have all been accounted for......or as I've long said, did the banks just pocket this money or use it to pay back Tarp in a shell and pea trick?

Old 07-02-2016, 05:26 AM

Quote:
The government created a program to assist those in bad loans restructure them so surely these loans have all been accounted for......
So... why are there tens of thousands of homeowners who are 5+ years behind on their mortgage payments and getting their homes for free because the statute of limitations has run out on foreclosures?

Quote:
or as I've long said, did the banks just pocket this money or use it to pay back Tarp in a shell and pea trick?
Banks? The Federal Reserve created $2 trillion in QE to buy GSE MBS, not bank-issued or Wall Street-issued MBS.

Follow the money to see where the problem was.

Old 07-02-2016, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post

Follow the money to see where the problem was.
I just noted where the problem was. If you want to change the subject, we've been there and done that many times.

Old 07-02-2016, 06:02 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,115,170 times
Quote:
You didnt even bother to read. The rich pulled further ahead in percentage terms.

The donor class is laughing at working class folks who defend them and vote for their puppets. They dont care about people like you, so why defend them and vote for their puppets?
Seriously, do you talk like this to your coworkers or at social gatherings? I'll bet people try to exit when they see you coming!

Old 07-02-2016, 06:05 AM

Quote:
I just noted where the problem was.
You're mistaken. The Federal Reserve didn't create $2 trillion in QE to buy bank-issued or Wall Street-issued MBS.

They bought GSE-issued MBS. Follow the money to see where the problem lies.

You're wearing blinders and just absolutely refuse to acknowledge the ground zero of where the fault lies.

Old 07-02-2016, 06:35 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,955,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Seriously, do you talk like this to your coworkers or at social gatherings? I'll bet people try to exit when they see you coming!
Lol, you dish it out, but you can't take it. You dont have any arguments, just a barrage of insults. That proves that you know you cant defend your position.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies