Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2016, 08:16 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,443,083 times

Advertisements

Being half back is a negative attribute in the 21st century? I guess so, if you're a member of an anti-scientific party with racist tendencies.

<<She brings up that she is half black and she uses that as a strength.>>

Minnesota Republican Attacks Her Democratic Opponent For Being

Here's a quick science lesson for Minnesota Republicans.

<<While the genetic difference between individual humans today is minuscule – about 0.1%, on average – study of the same aspects of the chimpanzee genome indicates a difference of about 1.2%.>>

Genetics | The Smithsonian Institution's Human Origins Program

For believers in evolution-denying creationism, I guess scientific evidence is just propaganda, however.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2016, 08:25 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Maybe she and David Duke could make a joint appearance.

Old 07-03-2016, 08:35 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Dem candidate, "Vote for me because I'm half black."

Rep candidate, "She's using race to try and get votes."

Yeah, I see who uses race as a tool.

Old 07-03-2016, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post

Yeah, racial gerrymanders and vote denial legislation are not Republican tactics. The assertion that Republican politics are color blind is a real hoot.

And Donald Trump is a fair-minded individual who celebrates the great American melting pot. Not.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...9eb_story.html

Obviously, a majority of the Republican electorate finds Trump's racial attitudes acceptable if not admirable, even when many Republican leaders find his racial positions revolting.

Republican Leaders Pile on Trump Over

Do you deny that blacks, Mexicans, Muslims, and non-heterosexuals aren't targets of Trump Republicans as purveyors of unacceptable American values?

Old 07-03-2016, 09:21 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
Yeah, racial gerrymanders and vote denial legislation are not Republican tactics. The assertion that Republican politics are color blind is a real hoot.

And Donald Trump is a fair-minded individual who celebrates the great American melting pot. Not.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...9eb_story.html

Obviously, a majority of the Republican electorate finds Trump's racial attitudes acceptable if not admirable, even when many Republican leaders find his racial positions revolting.

Republican Leaders Pile on Trump Over

Do you deny that blacks, Mexicans, Muslims, and non-heterosexuals aren't targets of Trump Republicans as purveyors of unacceptable American values?
The Dem candidate brought race into it and the Rep candidate pointed out that she was using race to try to get votes.

The fact that your trying to spin it 180 degrees shows hypocrisy on your part.

Old 07-03-2016, 10:26 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,226,625 times
Quote:

Did you hear her speech though? She didn't say it like that. She seemed to imply that being mixed race is a bad thing. Maybe she misspoke but what she said after suggests she didn't. She goes on to say that she shows that she's LGBT and supports that 'life style.' She later said that she supports traditional marriage, between husband, wife, and God. Sexy three way time.

It sounded to me like she was attacking her character. While I think we spend too much time talking about race and sex and all that, trying to make it more relevant than it actually is, I don't really think that's what was being said here. And she did it too. Her little bit about marriage isn't actually any different than her opponent posting a twitter picture of her and her wife. So even if that's what she was saying, she's a hypocrite. Lucky for her, I just think she's rude.

Old 07-03-2016, 12:27 PM

Quote:
The Dem candidate brought race into it and the Rep candidate pointed out that she was using race to try to get votes.

The fact that your trying to spin it 180 degrees shows hypocrisy on your part.
Hypocrisy?

Methinks you're making things up.

I've done a web search and can find nothing about how the Dem candidate "brought race into it."

Are you suggesting that somebody who merely says they are "half black," which, whether you like it or not, does convey meaningful information to voters (a heightened sensitivity to racial discrimination, if nothing else), is any different than somebody who promotes that they are of Irish-Italian heritage?

Ridiculousness.

The Republican was throwing red meat to the Trump Republicans in the endorsing convention.

You and other Republican defenders of this candidate's comments apparently believe that all candidates should conceal their heritage.

Was Marco Rubio wrong to disclose his Cuban heritage? Was Jeb Bush wrong to have campaigned on the fact that he was married to a Mexican? BTW, did anybody attack Bush for his "identity" appeal to Hispanic voters? If so, I have no memory of it.

In this instance, in an attempt to sugar-coat the widely known racist inclinations in the Republican Party, you laughingly are attempting to redefine American politics, which often is ethnic, religious, or race-based.

A candidate not attempting to appeal to any racist attitudes in her audience wouldn't have even thought to bring up the candidate's race.

The Trump Republicans are hypocrites for not admitting that Trump is a racist, if not worse (bigot).

Old 07-03-2016, 01:21 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,593,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
The Trump Republicans are hypocrites for not admitting that Trump is a racist, if not worse (bigot).
Why ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies