Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2016, 04:18 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,674,903 times

Advertisements

This woman is a radical leftist and she understands anti-immigration sentiments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iooBRFiluPU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2016, 05:32 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
This is just my opinion. I base this on some of my experiences through my life. This is not an absolutist point of view. This is just something that has happened a few times in my life. I am against illegal immigration. I'm not against people coming to this country who work hard and who can make their dreams happen. I'm not against that concept. This is what I do notice. I see more of a preference for immigrants over Black Americans. I base this on hearing some people say they would rather hire illegals than Black Americans, stating that Black Americans are too much trouble to deal with.

I remember hearing about Ronald Reagan saying "Hispanics are Republicans, they just don't know it". This was something to get more Hispanics to vote for Reagan, citing that Hispanics share the values of hard work, family values, and personal responsibility. Since when has any Republican politician in the last 45 years said that of Blacks?

I sometimes have wondered about this. Are immigrants really taking jobs from Black? Or are Blacks the last persons preferred for hiring? If the only way Blacks seemed to get jobs is if there is no one else to take that job, then there is a big problem.

Old 07-03-2016, 05:38 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,132,808 times
If the White population were larger (percentage wise), would the situation honestly be better for Blacks? In some ways, a more diverse population helps Blacks because they aren't the sole focal point of racism from the White majority. Furthermore, it also erodes the political power of the White majority and also makes it far more difficult for them to pass racist laws.

Old 07-03-2016, 06:12 PM

37,952 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is just my opinion. I base this on some of my experiences through my life. This is not an absolutist point of view. This is just something that has happened a few times in my life. I am against illegal immigration. I'm not against people coming to this country who work hard and who can make their dreams happen. I'm not against that concept. This is what I do notice. I see more of a preference for immigrants over Black Americans. I base this on hearing some people say they would rather hire illegals than Black Americans, stating that Black Americans are too much trouble to deal with.

I remember hearing about Ronald Reagan saying "Hispanics are Republicans, they just don't know it". This was something to get more Hispanics to vote for Reagan, citing that Hispanics share the values of hard work, family values, and personal responsibility. Since when has any Republican politician in the last 45 years said that of Blacks?
When you have partisan earmuffs on of course you won't hear the truth. Ever hear of Ron Paul or Rand Paul?

Quote:
I sometimes have wondered about this. Are immigrants really taking jobs from Black? Or are Blacks the last persons preferred for hiring? If the only way Blacks seemed to get jobs is if there is no one else to take that job, then there is a big problem.
lol Of course immigrants are taking jobs from blacks. Are you that uninformed to think the best and brightest are coming over from other countries to work. Or is it mainly those who work jobs many blacks do. Like unskilled labor and the hospitality business?

Old 07-03-2016, 06:19 PM

62,866 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
This woman is a radical leftist and she understands anti-immigration sentiments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iooBRFiluPU

Anti-"immigration" sentiments? Um no, most law abiding Americans oppose illegal immigration.

Old 07-03-2016, 06:20 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
So what else is new? There are a lot of things that African Americans have no incentive to support.

What's my incentive as a black man to pay for all of these dumb wars, military bases worldwide, defense of Europe, Korea and Japan, tax credits for big business, etc...

Why single out immigration? Because of the jobs?

Again, immigrants pushed millions of whites out of jobs in tons of industries from construction, textile making, meatpacking, agriculture, road construction, service industries, etc...

And what did white people do about it? A grand total of NOT A DAMN THING...that's what!

So stop trying to put down African Americans for not doing something about immigration when whites didn't do a damn thing either.

Old 07-03-2016, 06:25 PM

62,866 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:

Actually, it is mostly Hispanics here illegally that are taking jobs from both blacks and whites. If they weren't here blacks would have more job opportunities along with whites but some strange reason blacks don't seem to want to take a stand against illegal immigration. The only reason I can think of is because since they are minorities they identify more with them than whites. They are cutting off their noses to spite their faces though.

Old 07-03-2016, 06:27 PM

811 posts, read 550,335 times
I hate leftists too, but you're just making something out of nothing. I love how you rather than dispute her claims you just resort to pigeon-holing to make her look bad. Instead of being a child, try being an adult and having arguments to break her claims.

Where exactly is she wrong? Blacks have some of the highest unemployment and poverty rates. As she said herself, resources and jobs are finite. (Is this wrong?) Therefore, black people are already here, so if we start to become so pro-immigration we are helping more of those finite jobs/resources leave our hands to those who are just coming in which will cause our living standards to further decline.

I know what you're thinking "Maybe if they just worked harder" rhetoric.

Old 07-03-2016, 06:29 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
When you have partisan earmuffs on of course you won't hear the truth. Ever hear of Ron Paul or Rand Paul?

lol Of course immigrants are taking jobs from blacks. Are you that uninformed to think the best and brightest are coming over from other countries to work. Or is it mainly those who work jobs many blacks do. Like unskilled labor and the hospitality business?
What did you white folks do about being displaced out of millions of jobs?

Nothing, that's what. Out of Shame of not doing anything about it, now you think it's time to guilt trip blacks into action against illegal immigration when we have little power. Hispanics now outnumber us.

Besides, why should blacks join hands with whites on this issue? We'll get sold out and played. When the effort fails, whites will run to the Hispanics and say that "it was those blacks (not the actual word that'll be used) that were against you, not us. They're just jealous of you people because you work harder and have better family values, blah, blah, blah...". And of course, the Hispanics will believe whites because they always do since they associate whiteness with trustworthiness.

Nah...this ain't our fight. Black folks have nothing to gain either way. This is between nativist whites and Hispanics. Have at it.

Old 07-03-2016, 06:29 PM

37,952 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So what else is new? There are a lot of things that African Americans have no incentive to support.

What's my incentive as a black man to pay for all of these dumb wars, military bases worldwide, defense of Europe, Korea and Japan, tax credits for big business, etc...
Yet you voted for Obama. That's on you.

Quote:
Why single out immigration? Because of the jobs?
um yes jobs are meaningful

Quote:
Again, immigrants pushed millions of whites out of jobs in tons of industries from construction, textile making, meatpacking, agriculture, road construction, service industries, etc...
Percentage wise not nearly as many whites were hurt compared to blacks.

Quote:
And what did white people do about it? A grand total of NOT A DAMN THING...that's what!
They're just like you, voting in the status quo and expecting different results.

Quote:
So stop trying to put down African Americans for not doing something about immigration when whites didn't do a damn thing either.
It's about how it hurts minorities more than whites. Like it always does. You'd think they'd pull their collective heads out and support polices that work since they always end up worse off as a group when the sh#t hits the fan..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies