Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 12:17 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,299,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltergulick View Post
I am at a loss.

I see desertdetroiter saying "why should we join hands with whites now?"

I didn't see any posts that appeared to be asking for that. Perhaps I missed it.

I saw a video of two black people discussing the illegal immigrant issue and how it affects EVERY SINGLE AMERICAN.

Yet somehow this has been twisted into white folks asking for blacks to join us in the fight against illegal immigration?

deserdetroiter said "So stop trying to put down African Americans for not doing something about immigration..."

Where did that even come in?

Who did that?
The title of the thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2016, 12:33 AM

529 posts, read 371,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The title of the thread.
Which was a quote from the black woman in the video...

Old 07-04-2016, 12:37 AM

So a black woman makes a bunch of sensible, factual points but since it matches what many white folks believe you can't support it and would rather turn this into a white vs black issue?

Makes perfect sense.

Old 07-04-2016, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Which was a quote from the black woman in the video...
Yep. Sure was.

And she's not wrong. But blacks have no economic incentive to support lots of things we have to support.

What's our economic incentive to pay for the liberation of Iraq, or the mission in Afghanistan? What's the economic incentive to defend Japan or South Korea?

Why single out immigration?

Old 07-04-2016, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Yep. Sure was.

And she's not wrong. But blacks have no economic incentive to support lots of things we have to support.

What's our economic incentive to pay for the liberation of Iraq, or the mission in Afghanistan? What's the economic incentive to defend Japan or South Korea?

Why single out immigration?
ALL Americans have to support many things they do not agree with. It isn't a black or white issue.

What's MY economic incentive for defending South Korea?

ILLEGAL immigration (funny how the left can't seem to differentiate) is a hot button issue for this election.
I am thinking that's why SHE was singling it out.

We have a chance to actually affect at least that single issue this election.

Some feel like there isn't much we can affect, so when there is an opportunity to do so we'd like to think fellow Americans of all backgrounds would want to do the right thing.

Old 07-04-2016, 01:46 AM

Quote:
ALL Americans have to support many things they do not agree with. It isn't a black or white issue.

What's MY economic incentive for defending South Korea?

ILLEGAL immigration (funny how the left can't seem to differentiate) is a hot button issue for this election.
I am thinking that's why SHE was singling it out.

We have a chance to actually affect at least that single issue this election.

Some feel like there isn't much we can affect, so when there is an opportunity to do so we'd like to think fellow Americans of all backgrounds would want to do the right thing.
Nah, that's OK. I'll pass.

There are lots of other "right things" I mentioned earlier that we can all affect too...things that would benefit all Americans if we all wanted to work with each other. But for some reason, you say that we should work together on THIS and not those other issues.

Start with another issue that isn't immigration or war, and I'll be convinced.

Til then...see ya.

Old 07-04-2016, 01:49 AM

Quote:
So a black woman makes a bunch of sensible, factual points but since it matches what many white folks believe you can't support it and would rather turn this into a white vs black issue?

Makes perfect sense.
The OP singled out ONLY the line about what blacks have an incentive to support or not to support. Don't get mad because I'm addressing the title of the thread. I'm not gonna ignore the title.

Take your issue up with the OP.

Old 07-04-2016, 01:58 AM

37,962 posts, read 17,940,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You are doing the same thing from the other side of the political spectrum.
No I'm not and you have no proof yet again.
Quote:
Both arguments are truthful.
No they're not close as all. Countries, like companies, have incentives to keep the best workers in place.

Quote:
As much as you dont want to admit it, there are people who just dont like black people and wouldnt hire them for that reason and that reason alone.
As much as I dont want to admit it??? Do you just post idiotic statements by habit?

Quote:
And yes, it is true that illegals take jobs other people would work, but that is true of all colors. I Have never been to a single hotel/conference/convention/meet up where the waitstaff/maids/servers didnt include people of all races.
Again minorities are hit hardest by illegal as well as legal immigration. That's a fact. Try using one.

Old 07-04-2016, 02:08 AM

37,962 posts, read 17,940,911 times
Quote:
What did you white folks do about being displaced out of millions of jobs?
Support republicans who want to stem the illegal invasion.

Quote:
Nothing, that's what.
Garbage

Quote:
Out of Shame of not doing anything about it, now you think it's time to guilt trip blacks into action against illegal immigration when we have little power. Hispanics now outnumber us.
Nothing about now, nothing about guilt tripping anyone. Just an obvious, factual, truthful statement that minorities are hurt more by legal as well as illegal immigration. Course you wont address that. You'll continue to rant incoherently and ignore the cause.

Quote:
Besides, why should blacks join hands with whites on this issue? We'll get sold out and played.
Sold out and played for whom? If all immigration is stopped right now, minorities benefit.

Quote:
When the effort fails, whites will run to the Hispanics and say that "it was those blacks (not the actual word that'll be used) that were against you, not us. They're just jealous of you people because you work harder and have better family values, blah, blah, blah...". And of course, the Hispanics will believe whites because they always do since they associate whiteness with trustworthiness.
Based on what? You have absolutely no proof or any history to make that true. Just a sad rant. Evil, evil, whitey.
But it is good to see your racism come out in the open. Always best to know who has a defective heart.

Quote:
Nah...this ain't our fight. Black folks have nothing to gain either way. This is between nativist whites and Hispanics. Have at it.
So continue to loose jobs, continue to stay on government assistance. Why sure keep voting and supporting for things that don't work.

Old 07-04-2016, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Support republicans who want to stem the illegal invasion.

Garbage

Nothing about now, nothing about guilt tripping anyone. Just an obvious, factual, truthful statement that minorities are hurt more by legal as well as illegal immigration. Course you wont address that. You'll continue to rant incoherently and ignore the cause.

Sold out and played for whom? If all immigration is stopped right now, minorities benefit.

Based on what? You have absolutely no proof or any history to make that true. Just a sad rant. Evil, evil, whitey.
But it is good to see your racism come out in the open. Always best to know who has a defective heart.

So continue to loose jobs, continue to stay on government assistance. Why sure keep voting and supporting for things that don't work.
Sorry. Whites can't be trusted. You know I'm right.

Lemme run down my example again since you ignored it.

In 1959, the whole south (the region you love) was in the grip of Jim Crow. No state moreso than the state of Florida.

All of a sudden, Cuba has internal troubles, and white folks welcome HISPANIC Cubans into Florida with open arms by the hundreds of thousands. Those Cubans face no Jim Crow (although I'm sure they faced some discrimination) and in fact, are given the keys to the city of Miami (where blacks are heavily restricted) and put ahead of blacks that have inhabited Florida since slavery.

That sir, is called proof of white duplicity on the matter. Blacks cannot afford to get involved in this mess. A mess NOT created by us in the first place. White owned business and corporations brought these people here. Get them to clean it up.

When whites lost millions of jobs in a bunch of industries and watched their cities and towns get overrun with illegal labor, they did nothing. And voting Republican doesn't count as "action." The Republican Party has done nothing about illegals. Reagan signed the first amnesty. Forgot about that? George W. Bush wanted to come up with a plan for them to stay too. And why not? Texas is a sanctuary state.

Sorry, but we'll sit this one out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies