Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you care if Bill Clinton attempted to derail the justice system regarding the Clinton foundation
Yes I care: The meeting causes me to question the impartiality of the AG and the uniform enforcement of the rule of law for all citizens 21 70.00%
No- Don't care. I don't care about the rule of law when it involves my candidate 9 30.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2016, 07:34 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,674,911 times

Advertisements

Libs/dems-

Do you actually care whether the meeting between the AG Lynch and Bill Clinton was about altering the course of the investigation against Bill and Hillary for the criminal activities of the Clinton foundation and Hillary's emails?

If you do not care, do you care about any criminal activity or obstruction of justice among any politician you favor?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2016, 08:15 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,850,298 times
They just DO NOT WANT HILLARY TO WIN so they are trying to knock her down so to speak........

I dont think they really think they have a case,they just want it to LOOK like that to make her look bad in hopes she wont get elected!

Old 07-03-2016, 09:09 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,610,454 times
THEY do not care one bit, hypocrites to the core....Cankles-rotten is their corrupt-politician, she can do as she pleases.

Just like the assault on the evil "Nazis" doing the peaceful and permitted demonstration in CA. Liberals on various websites are giving this attack a BIG thumbs-up.

Old 07-03-2016, 09:19 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,783,484 times
Nice poll. When did you stop beating your wife? LOL!

Old 07-04-2016, 09:46 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,758,293 times
Yes, I do care. Very dumb move!

No, I don't believe that they just exchanged news about their grandkids.

Old 07-04-2016, 10:04 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,227,244 times
Yes, I care.

I dislike your poll. Yes or no just doesn't make you feel smarter so you have to be a child. But yes, I care.

As to what the meeting was about, I won't pretend to know for sure. I'm sure it was less than ethical, but I won't make assumptions about what someone says behind closed doors. For all we know, Lynch was seeing what Bill knew, hoping Bill harbored some resentment for her enough to give the AG something to go off because the investigation didn't yield enough evidence. Maybe it was to warn Bill, so he could tell Hillary, of what's to come. Maybe the story the gave us, that it was a chance meeting was true.

Regardless of what the meeting was about, it was unwise for them to actually talk, planned or unplanned. They should have known this could happen and now any rational person would have a least some skepticism as to what the meeting was about.

Old 07-04-2016, 10:07 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,674,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Yes, I care.

I dislike your poll. Yes or no just doesn't make you feel smarter so you have to be a child. But yes, I care.

As to what the meeting was about, I won't pretend to know for sure. I'm sure it was less than ethical, but I won't make assumptions about what someone says behind closed doors. For all we know, Lynch was seeing what Bill knew, hoping Bill harbored some resentment for her enough to give the AG something to go off because the investigation didn't yield enough evidence. Maybe it was to warn Bill, so he could tell Hillary, of what's to come. Maybe the story the gave us, that it was a chance meeting was true.

Regardless of what the meeting was about, it was unwise for them to actually talk, planned or unplanned. They should have known this could happen and now any rational person would have a least some skepticism as to what the meeting was about.
So will you just vote for Hillary anyway?

Old 07-04-2016, 10:10 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,227,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I haven't decided yet. On one end, as much as I despise Hillary, I think she'd be better (don't misrepresent that as being good) than Trump, whom I dislike less. Hillary is the lesser evil of me. But, I'd much rather vote on principles and write in or vote third party. In any other election, this is probably what I'd do, but seeing as I can't stomach the Republican this time around, voting for a Democrat I dislike might be the utilitarian option.

Old 07-04-2016, 10:14 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,121,492 times
Quote:
Libs/dems-

Do you actually care whether the meeting between the AG Lynch and Bill Clinton was about altering the course of the investigation against Bill and Hillary for the criminal activities of the Clinton foundation and Hillary's emails?

If you do not care, do you care about any criminal activity or obstruction of justice among any politician you favor?
Donald Trump is far more worrisome than Hillary's alleged transgressions. If Republicans actually had something on Hillary, they would have used by now.

Old 07-04-2016, 10:16 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,758,293 times
Quote:
Most likely.

We know it was very stupid for them to meet. We don't know whether their discussion was actually illegal.

Given that the stupidity was not committed by HRC, and that Trump does or says something very stupid nearly every day...

I don't love it, but I gave up looking for perfection in human beings a long time ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies