Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 07:48 AM

24,484 posts, read 17,220,223 times

Advertisements

Today is July 4th Independence Day which marks the birth of our nation when a bunch of average people stood up to the might of the British Empire and won.

Thinking about back then and the brave fighting men and the founding fathers that faced death if caught it is hard to imagine what they would think about the state of the nation today and the makeup of their fellow politicians. There was corruption in politics back then but at their core was the strong belief in god and country first. Today in the realm of the career politician there is no god for most and the benefit to the country seems to take a back seat to lining ones pockets.

The founding fathers knew that a strong nation and economy was based on smart enterprise minded people who protected their nation and business with guns. Today they want to disarm average folks and make us all less independent and more dependent on the Government.

America is a nation because of brave men and women who had freedom in their hearts and a gun in their hand. We can thank our militias of yesterday and today out military for keeping us independent and fighting for this day to celebrate , July 4th.

Everyone loves to bash George W Bush and Barack Obama for all sorts of things but when it comes down to it you cannot doubt that Bush loved the military whereas Obamas feelings for them makes you wonder and Hillary seems to have nothing for our soldiers but annoyance.

I would rather have a president that will carry on the traditions and beliefs of the founding fathers and also have a deep respect for the military that has made it all possible. I just don't feel like Hillary gives a toss for any of it except for promoting herself.

Have a good, safe day and if you see fireworks think about what they represent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2016, 07:51 AM

7,736 posts, read 5,514,664 times
Trump fans: Making every holiday and event political for their agenda

Old 07-04-2016, 08:04 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Everyone loves to bash George W Bush and Barack Obama for all sorts of things but when it comes down to it you cannot doubt that Bush loved the military whereas Obamas feelings for them makes you wonder and Hillary seems to have nothing for our soldiers but annoyance.
I have no reason to believe Bush 'loved' the military any more or less than anyone else. I don't see how anyone who loves them would send them to fight and die in a pointless war.

Quote:
I just don't feel like Hillary gives a toss for any of it except for promoting herself.
I won't vote for her, but I also won't speculate about how she feels about something, or someone when there is no proof one way or another.

Old 07-04-2016, 09:10 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Today is July 4th Independence Day which marks the birth of our nation when a bunch of average people stood up to the might of the British Empire and won.

Thinking about back then and the brave fighting men and the founding fathers that faced death if caught it is hard to imagine what they would think about the state of the nation today and the makeup of their fellow politicians. There was corruption in politics back then but at their core was the strong belief in god and country first. Today in the realm of the career politician there is no god for most and the benefit to the country seems to take a back seat to lining ones pockets.

The founding fathers knew that a strong nation and economy was based on smart enterprise minded people who protected their nation and business with guns. Today they want to disarm average folks and make us all less independent and more dependent on the Government.

America is a nation because of brave men and women who had freedom in their hearts and a gun in their hand. We can thank our militias of yesterday and today out military for keeping us independent and fighting for this day to celebrate , July 4th.

I would rather have a president that will carry on the traditions and beliefs of the founding fathers and also have a deep respect for the military that has made it all possible. I just don't feel like Hillary gives a toss for any of it except for promoting herself.

Have a good, safe day and if you see fireworks think about what they represent.
Good post!

Thank you.

Old 07-04-2016, 09:11 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
They learned for the best at it, the DEMS!

Old 07-04-2016, 09:37 AM

21,120 posts, read 19,703,590 times
We won't need a military with Hillary as president...

...the enemy will have defeated us.

Old 07-04-2016, 09:50 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,645,078 times
Quote:

Hey!

"Don't bogart that joint, my friend
pass it over to me!"

Old 07-04-2016, 09:53 AM

572 posts, read 279,995 times
Bush loved the military because they helped him steal oil.
He has absolutely zero respect for human life.
What a true American hero he was!

You're just saying 'founding fathers' because it stirs up people's emotions... you don't give a **** about anything except your tribal allegiances. You haven't got a single clue what the 'founding fathers' would have thought about the world today... nobody does, because of the fact that 240 years have passed and they didn't grow up in a global village.

I'm seriously sick of this nationalist patriotic populist anti-intellectual bull****. You don't own July 4th and you can't tell people what they're supposed to be thinking or feeling, or guilt them because they don't think or feel the same things you do. In fact, I wouldn't even call what you're doing thinking... it's just the same old mindless 'flags, guns, and freedom' schtick that has about as much intellectual depth as a book burning at a Nazi rally.

Being American means you don't get to tell me what it means to be American.

Old 07-04-2016, 09:55 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
As opposed to,
Democrats: who use every tragedy ("never waste a crisis") to push their political agenda.

I'm not a fan of Trump, but I'll take his followers agenda of nationalism over the globalism agenda of the left. Seems to progressives the act of celebrating our independence and understanding our history is politically motivated, if not downright racist.

Sad times indeed

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY AMERICA!

Old 07-04-2016, 10:03 AM

27,137 posts, read 15,310,658 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1taQl-wOmo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies