Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 01:12 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,605,704 times

Advertisements

I am a black male. And I have found that there is no political philosophy that would help black people more than the Libertarian platform. What the Libertarian has not done is show how the philosophy and ideology behind Libertarianism benefits black people.

Black business

Blacks have a harder time getting loans for their business. But how does Libertarianism solve this issue? Well it's simple. Banks have to be FDIC approved, and there is also the pesky FED at work too. So it's a hard game to enter. So very few black banks exist. And as such won't loan to black businesses. But if we were a true Libertarian society and a free market, then there would be no FED. And there would be no one controlling the currency. As such black people could start banks, and they can use crypto currencies for transactions.

Privatized Police

Police brutality seems to be a huge focal point in the media today. And this is a good enough reason for the black communities NOT to have a police force. Now how would that work?

community policing. Because the government is not trying to be the hero of the black community, black people are now forced to take care of their own community. If a drug dealer want to sell drugs on your corner, people in the neighborhood come out with guns pointed tell him to move along. If every black person had guns pointed at drug dealers, there would be no drug dealers.

You would reduce the crime rate over night.

Legalize Drugs, and create a new mult billion dollar market

It is estimated that drug revenues are close to $300 billion. That is a lot of money in this black market. To the point where creating a new market would stimulate the economy in some major ways. For one, we can always have laws that say that you can't do drugs in public. And that would spur the need for drug havens, where people can go to freely do their drugs, and can only leave when fully detoxed. Not only would that create so many businsses, it would create so many jobs.

Privatized schools

Black people on average receive some of the worst education. The schools are not well maintained and they're out of order. Public education has been a massive failure. The thing is, the black community does have knowledgeable people. But since there is little economic incentive to educate black youth, many usually don't. And even if they wanted to, they would have to get to bureaucratic nonsense associated with public education.

Schooling should be competitive at all levels. This creates markets, and drives down competition. And sense there is no more public school for black people to pay for, they have more money in general to invest in the system.

That is just the tip of the iceberg. Though Libertarianism will save America, not just black America. But I just wanted to highlight why libertarianism is especially great for black Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2016, 02:22 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,924,010 times
Libertarianism is dead - it has been eaten from the inside by false prophets such as Rand Paul and is now just code for "Trojan horse Republicanism".

Old 02-25-2016, 02:39 PM

29,623 posts, read 16,633,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
I am a black male. And I have found that there is no political philosophy that would help black people more than the Libertarian platform. What the Libertarian has not done is show how the philosophy and ideology behind Libertarianism benefits black people.

Black business

Blacks have a harder time getting loans for their business. But how does Libertarianism solve this issue? Well it's simple. Banks have to be FDIC approved, and there is also the pesky FED at work too. So it's a hard game to enter. So very few black banks exist. And as such won't loan to black businesses. But if we were a true Libertarian society and a free market, then there would be no FED. And there would be no one controlling the currency. As such black people could start banks, and they can use crypto currencies for transactions.
The obvious flaw in this argument is that the current structure prevents it. Im not talking about the FED or FDIC, im talking about who has the money now.

it would take generations to build up enough wealth to create any bank resembling what we have now, and there is no telling what would happen in between that could stop that.

Quote:
Privatized Police

Police brutality seems to be a huge focal point in the media today. And this is a good enough reason for the black communities NOT to have a police force. Now how would that work?

community policing. Because the government is not trying to be the hero of the black community, black people are now forced to take care of their own community. If a drug dealer want to sell drugs on your corner, people in the neighborhood come out with guns pointed tell him to move along. If every black person had guns pointed at drug dealers, there would be no drug dealers.

You are arguing that everyone settle your disputes personally, and there are many ways that can go wrong, that also violates the Constitution.

Quote:

It is estimated that drug revenues are close to $300 billion. That is a lot of money in this black market. To the point where creating a new market would stimulate the economy in some major ways. For one, we can always have laws that say that you can't do drugs in public. And that would spur the need for drug havens, where people can go to freely do their drugs, and can only leave when fully detoxed. Not only would that create so many businsses, it would create so many jobs.
weed yes, other drugs, no.

Quote:
Privatized schools

Black people on average receive some of the worst education. The schools are not well maintained and they're out of order. Public education has been a massive failure. The thing is, the black community does have knowledgeable people. But since there is little economic incentive to educate black youth, many usually don't. And even if they wanted to, they would have to get to bureaucratic nonsense associated with public education.

Schooling should be competitive at all levels. This creates markets, and drives down competition. And sense there is no more public school for black people to pay for, they have more money in general to invest in the system.

That is just the tip of the iceberg. Though Libertarianism will save America, not just black America. But I just wanted to highlight why libertarianism is especially great for black Americans.
This last one doesnt make any sense what so ever.

Old 02-25-2016, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Libertarianism is dead - it has been eaten from the inside by false prophets such as Rand Paul and is now just code for "Trojan horse Republicanism".

I mean Libertarianism as an ideology and philosophy, not as a political party. But I do think there is a concerted effort to destroy the perception of the Libertarian party. The thing government hates more than anything is Americans embracing Libertarian values.

Old 02-25-2016, 02:43 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,214,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
If it is dead, then real personal freedom is also dead. If it is a Trojan horse Republicanism, then it is alive and well.

Old 02-25-2016, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The obvious flaw in this argument is that the current structure prevents it. Im not talking about the FED or FDIC, im talking about who has the money now.

it would take generations to build up enough wealth to create any bank resembling what we have now, and there is no telling what would happen in between that could stop that.
No it wouldn't. There is so much volume and production out there, and so many untapt market. Actually, the scary thing is that black businesses actually would generate a ton more in wealth. It would janky initially, but eventually these levels will rise. How long do you really think it takes to create wealth? There are so many emerging markets opening up that it take very little up front investments to enter.

Quote:
You are arguing that everyone settle your disputes personally, and there are many ways that can go wrong, that also violates the Constitution.
Show me where in the constitution where it mandates the government to police the people. I don't believe such mandate exists. There is nothing in the constitution to say that the government has to provide protection for you

Quote:
weed yes, other drugs, no.
And what is wrong with legalizing other drugs?

Quote:
This last one doesnt make any sense what so ever.
And where doesn't it make sense? Blacks pay into an education system that has shown that it's not interested in educating black people. And guess what, the government shouldn't care. But I tell you who does and should care. Other black people. There is an revolution that is going to happen in the education market. And private schooling will be a big part of that.

Old 02-26-2016, 02:48 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,297,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post

Black business

Privatized Police

Privatized schools

There's merit to much of what you're saying.

Old 02-26-2016, 03:18 AM

30,700 posts, read 19,387,116 times
The Dems haven't done anything for blacks since 1963 except promises that turned to lies, Obama especially included....so they are profiting from the black vote without actually getting any positive results, so why should they change anything. Republicans offer blacks a door to better opportunity but blacks don't trust them, in the case of some, that's understandable.

I don't think many blacks are Libertarian in philosophy but maybe they should think Libertarian....I do but currently it's a wasted vote that I don't mind wasting because my vote means nothing in my state anyway.

Old 02-26-2016, 03:59 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,987,397 times
Libertarianism doesn't even work for whites. It's not going to work for blacks either. The idea that we are better off without a government is a silly concept.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The Dems haven't done anything for blacks since 1963 except promises that turned to lies, Obama especially included....so they are profiting from the black vote without actually getting any positive results, so why should they change anything. Republicans offer blacks a door to better opportunity but blacks don't trust them, in the case of some, that's understandable.

I don't think many blacks are Libertarian in philosophy but maybe they should think Libertarian....I do but currently it's a wasted vote that I don't mind wasting because my vote means nothing in my state anyway.
1963, huh? Then there was the Civil Rights Act of 1965. The Constitutional Amendment making the poll tax (a method to keep blacks from voting) illegal. HUD -- which investigates housing discrimination. Then, loads of other laws that acts against discrimination.

Old 02-26-2016, 04:13 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,156,461 times
The current "Movement" "The Movement" is pretty libertarian. We've supported everything except privatized police and schools.

Black Lives Matter is a media co-opt of the grassroots movement that started things off. It was neither Dem or Rep led. BLM is just a front group the Democrats tried to prop for many different reasons.

I think there's more black "Libertarians" than you think. I think the Democrats are finding that out too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies