Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 10:45 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
I don't see how a carrying person would be any more likely to come to their aid than a non carrying person. I certainly wouldn't run out into the open with an active shooter, armed or not, nor would I go commando and attempt to track them down, that's not realistic behavior for the average citizen.

You seem to be under the false impression that confiscating firearms from law abiding citizens will remove them from the hands of all citizens. Your thinking is severely flawed.

As the facts come clear this situation you are correct. If the shooter was in open space and was a clean target it could been stopped. However If there was armed Civilians (legal carry) the proper thing to do is leave the area and let the police do their job .

DPD did do a good in clearing the area of regular citizen's.

Now the police used wrong tactics when they isolated these BLM Terrorist . The proper tactic is provide suppression fire until a team can maneuver in position. the other thing is these cops were not moving in a protective manner, thus is anther reason why we have fallen officers.
I am sure new training is on the horizon for DPD. This spilt timing evens and hopefully the BLM will not endorse this action going forward.

There will be war on the streets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2016, 10:47 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,742,907 times
I think the OP makes a better case for free psychological treatment than gun control...

Old 07-08-2016, 10:54 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,172,833 times
I think they need to ban open carry of long guns inside the city limits of cities with populations of 1,000,000 and over. You don't need a rifle for self defense in a city. People don't go hunting in downtown Houston.

It's not a perfect idea but it would allow police to stop people who are carrying long guns in city limits and it would allow the public to call the police if they see someone with a long gun.

Also, after last night, I think it's really dangerous to be open carrying a long gun when a shooting happens. Unfortunately, people will think the open carrier is a criminal.

Old 07-08-2016, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
I don't see how a carrying person would be any more likely to come to their aid than a non carrying person. I certainly wouldn't run out into the open with an active shooter, armed or not, nor would I go commando and attempt to track them down, that's not realistic behavior for the average citizen.

You seem to be under the false impression that confiscating firearms from law abiding citizens will remove them from the hands of all citizens. Your thinking is severely flawed.
Donald Trump said that CCW carrying people can shoot the shooters right between the eyes. He seemed to think that was a good idea.

Old 07-08-2016, 11:56 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Thumbs up I like his attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Donald Trump said that CCW carrying people can shoot the shooters right between the eyes. He seemed to think that was a good idea.
Yep save court time. Now we will have to hear their dribble on why they justified this action. However this was a coordinated Terrorist attack which is on a totally different playing field. If it was a single shooter and he was in the open , good possibility.
These BLM Terrorist had shooting position around the downtown area of Dallas.

Old 07-08-2016, 12:04 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,901,347 times
The fact of the matter is US Constitution morals don't align well with Left morals or objectives.

Old 07-08-2016, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post

Yep save court time. Now we will have to hear their dribble on why they justified this action. However this was a coordinated Terrorist attack which is on a totally different playing field. If it was a single shooter and he was in the open , good possibility.
These BLM Terrorist had shooting position around the downtown area of Dallas.
This was a single shooter. There is video of him.

Old 07-08-2016, 12:21 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,910,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Ah, but if there was gun confiscation then the Dallas shooting tonight couldn't have occurred. And if there had been people with guns the cops would have shot them because they would be criminals.
You and corrupt obama's gun grabbing idea is total insanity. Your's is just lack of knowledge, and not being able to think clearly, obama want to take our guns so he can take total control of this county.
It is not going to happen... PERIOD....

Old 07-08-2016, 12:25 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,910,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
D@mmit :-D hush!
Trolls should be booted from this site... Nothing cute or funny about it...

Old 07-08-2016, 12:41 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
the only case for gun control is no gun control at all.
the real ccase for gun control is proper gun control, as in how many you get in the ten ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
All the cops shot in killed in Dallas had guns.
true enough, but they were not shot at by someone in the open where everyone could see them, they were shot by snipers taking shots at not only the cops, but civilians also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies