Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the Philando Castile shooting is fake?
yes 19 12.93%
no 128 87.07%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 04:19 AM

1,649 posts, read 1,007,335 times

Advertisements

First off, I want to say that I am not a conspiracist in any way. Never in my life have I ever supported any of these modern conspiracy theories in regards to subjects like 911, Newtown, or the the Boston bombing. I always shake my head and laugh whenever one of my friends or some co-worker buys into these conspiracy theories.

With that being said, I 100% think this entire story is complete BS. The video is so completely ridiculous that it's hard to believe that anyone is taking it serious. I have no idea why this incident was created, but I have no doubt it's fabricated. Everything from the woman's awful acting, to the things she says or the manor in which the video is filmed points to the fact that this entire incident is not at all what it appears to be.

Why on earth was this incident created?

Let's here some theories.

Old 07-08-2016, 05:09 AM

5,725 posts, read 11,711,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
First off, I want to say that I am not a conspiracist in any way.
Yes you are. And people are shaking their heads and laughing at you this time.

Old 07-08-2016, 06:46 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,048,028 times
It was real. I'd say the conspiracy here is that the cop wanted to shoot a black man and the BLM people are the ones wearing tin foil hats over that claim.
What you had was a cop that shot a man, a man that probably didn't display the best judgment and may well have errantly played a part in his own death. Did he clearly speak when addressing the officer, did he neglect to get his license out immediately before the officer approached, did he keep both hands in plain sight? We don't know. The cop is to blame for over reacting and shooting in fear and may not be psychologically suited for the profession.
Everyone is getting paranoid and acting so idiotic. But look at our leaders, they're leading the way with this " creeping idiocy".

Old 07-08-2016, 06:55 AM

57,233 posts, read 26,178,741 times
Well without the video maybe people don't believe what occurred.

Now you don't believe your own eyes yet you claim not to be a conspiracy theorist LOL

Now on to the moon landing.

Old 07-08-2016, 07:00 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,480,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
It was real. I'd say the conspiracy here is that the cop wanted to shoot a black man and the BLM people are the ones wearing tin foil hats over that claim.
What you had was a cop that shot a man, a man that probably didn't display the best judgment and may well have errantly played a part in his own death. Did he clearly speak when addressing the officer, did he neglect to get his license out immediately before the officer approached, did he keep both hands in plain sight? We don't know. The cop is to blame for over reacting and shooting in fear and may not be psychologically suited for the profession.
Everyone is getting paranoid and acting so idiotic. But look at our leaders, they're leading the way with this " creeping idiocy".
Very concise assessment of the entire debacle.

A broken tail light leads to the death of someone, perhaps not being the sharpest knife in the drawer but nevertheless, attempting to comply is something that should be of concern to all citizens; not just the white or black ones.

So much ratcheting up of polarized fear along two very predictable lines has inexorably led to these events playing out over and over again.

So much fear has been nurtured in the U.S. these events can but increase in frequency until enough voices are raised with "enough is enough"!

Sadly, my particular fear is you're in for another year of the race riots and lawlessness of the past that will once again prove futile towards any form of permanent resolution.

Wash, rinse, repeat............

Old 07-08-2016, 07:00 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,116,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
First off, I want to say that I am not a conspiracist in any way. Never in my life have I ever supported any of these modern conspiracy theories in regards to subjects like 911, Newtown, or the the Boston bombing. I always shake my head and laugh whenever one of my friends or some co-worker buys into these conspiracy theories.

With that being said, I 100% think this entire story is complete BS. The video is so completely ridiculous that it's hard to believe that anyone is taking it serious. I have no idea why this incident was created, but I have no doubt it's fabricated. Everything from the woman's awful acting, to the things she says or the manor in which the video is filmed points to the fact that this entire incident is not at all what it appears to be.

Why on earth was this incident created?

Let's here some theories.
WTF! That's my theory about your post.

Old 07-08-2016, 07:04 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,201,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
The bolded part is a bit hard to do...

It is my understanding that the victim told the cop he had a concealed carry permit (as they are required to do), then he said "I'm getting out my license". Most people have to reach into their pockets to get their license so their hands would not be in plain sight - especially in a car.

The cop was wrong.

And it was real. I think that's the eeriest thing about the video. This is how real life happens. It doesn't happen all dramatic like on a tv show or movie.

Old 07-08-2016, 07:07 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,030,004 times
Yes, every controversial incident is fabricated by the government because they want to take pathetic losers stockpiles of guns. Nothing is real or has any value other than your guns.

Pathetic.

Old 07-08-2016, 07:19 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,586,260 times
The Alton situation was probably fake. But considering that this was a Facebook live event, i was probably real. See in all of these other cases, they love to be able to bring up the guy's criminal history. But a guy with no criminal history got murdered. He doesn't fit the usual profile. And guess what, now we are starting to understand that police brutality is a real issue in American society.

Old 07-08-2016, 07:31 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,183,550 times
The only thing unreal about the incident is his name.

Philando Castile? That's a new one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies