Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2016, 07:41 PM

12,387 posts, read 8,155,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; would Beverly Hills, pay their cops enough money to live IN that city? Especially if trying to raise a family.
It does show the impossibility of residency requirements. Cities like Beverly Hills only option would be city run barracks and housing projects for their officers. Or spread the residency and contract out with their counties for deputies. Both options run counter to the intent of living on your beat. And then why only cops? Is it because they are called upon to kill for the people as part of their duties? When do firefighters, sanitation workers and teachers unions decide there members should also have a Beverly Hills zip code and thus Beverly Hills is no longer Beverly Hills but truly part of Los Angeles which surrounds it.

Old 07-08-2016, 07:52 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery123 View Post
Cops should use the same robot and make them talk.
Talk or boom...
Three were detained and released.

You would have exploded them?

Old 07-08-2016, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Who incited Adam Lanza against 6 year olds?

This horrendous mass shooting in Dallas has nothing to do with Obama.
Extremists claim Sandy Hhok never happened.

Just a ploy by Obama to confiscate guns.

No shortage of whack jobs in the US.

Old 07-08-2016, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
Have you read some of the BLM tweets? That's like saying there are a few good ones in ISIS, to not judge a group based on the majority

I didn't even give BLM much attention until I googled BLM tweets today. My God, we got an ISIS movement in our backyard.

BLM needs to be reclassified as a terrorist group and enemy of the state. Background checks and databases need to be filled following the intentions of these people. Places of employment need to be made aware and actions taken to further protects those areas from such radicals. The thousands of direct "I'm going to kill..." tweets coming from BLM need to be taken at full face value, dealt with as a direct and imminent threat on life, and criminally pursued to the full extent of the law.
People can anonymously tweet / comment anything and they do.

Nothing prevents anyone from maintaining multiple online personalities.

Old 07-08-2016, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
there are still what, 2 others in custody ?
I saw the other black guy taken in live last night, he was wearing
a bullet-proof vest and camo. he walked toward the cops and
was apprehended. the guy was trying to mix in with the crowd.

we haven't heard anything about him yet.

this is being investigated as a coordinated attack
that indeed could have a terror group connection.
Camo guy turned himself in after his picture was sent around the world as a " person of interest".

Reportedly some witnesses claimed he was shooting at Police.

He was released 30 minutes later. His gun was never fired and he had nothing to do with the ambush.

He's an NRA member and Open Carry is legal in Dallas.

Reportedly, he has recieved hundreds of death threats, despite no longer being a " person of interest".

Old 07-08-2016, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Because he and the Democrats routinely go out of their way to stir up racial animosity and pit different racial groups against each other, especially blacks against whites.
I'm sitting here with Hannity/ Fox News on in the background. The media is out in full force in Baton Rouge taping protesters. Hannity is corresponding with a local reporter asking the crowd if they denounce prior remarks attributed to BLM.

Cable News Entertainment has been fanning the flames all along and does so for profit.

Old 07-08-2016, 08:35 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

Cable News Entertainment has been fanning the flames all along and does so for profit.
It isn't just cable news, it's all our "mainstream" news sources and some particularly vile politicians. Those that push every incident in order to promote their agenda, while ignoring the facts of every case, commenting before the facts are in or flat out lying. Look back starting with Michael Brown. A 300 lb thug and bully who assaulted a store owner and robbed the store before assaulting a police officer and attempting to take his gun is pictured in the media as he was as a 12 year old child and a bunch of media idiots promote a "hands up don't shoot" lie in order to inflame the more ignorant of the public. Tuesday a criminal, with a long history of violent crime and rape threatens to kill an innocent person with a gun, ignores the orders of police sent to collect him, combats them and reaches for his gun before police finally shoot him. Media portrays him as "a good boy" killed by "racist" cops. And some particularly vile politicians and government employees play along to promote an agenda (Oblubber and Lynch) and blame the cops for this thugs death. Another case is promoted as a case of police shooting an innocent black who according to his GF (herself with a criminal record) had a concealed weapons permit. Only thing is no one can produce any record of the permit, he was stopped because he and the GF resembled suspects in an armed robbery (not an often repeated lie of a broken taillight). And again our pathetic politicians and media present that story, without resorting to getting any facts or listening to any other side of the story. Which, in this case, none of us know at this time.

These parasites bear a large share of the responsibility for fanning the flames of racial hatred and divisiveness...and bear a share of the responsibility for the dead in Dallas, let alone other cops slaughtered by morons in the last couple of years.

It would be really nice if we had some leadership in our nation, not a president that plays the part of a perpetual, whiny victim. One that supports those that put their lives on the line for the public and not one that supports criminals and terrorists. I must be old, I remember when we actually had such a person in the White House.

Old 07-08-2016, 08:57 PM

13,423 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
My apologies, I didn't intend it as a "gotcha".

I'm trying to understand your question. What is left of what? Are you proposing that there is a magic solution to mass violence? If that is the case, I would have to say that I don't believe there is.
Appreciate it, thanks. I'm being quite sincere.

No, you're right, I don't believe there is either. That's my whole point.

It's been suggested that guns are banned, I don't think that's the answer.

It's been suggested that if more people were armed, these shootings would stop. Well we can see how that worked out.

Is it a mental health issue? Is everyone so ignorant and scared of everyone else that they must shoot first and sort it out later?

I do think that it's been encouraging that in these protests, there's been all sort of people, non militant, just neighbors, out getting along - with each other and the law - and showing how they hate the violence. Well, that is until the mass shooting de jour.

I live in a majority black neighborhood. I love my neighbors, but it has its moments. The other day while I was on my front porch, two young adults, woman and man, walked by. The man was yelling at the woman, well not yelling, but his voice was raised. He wasn't joking around. I thought uh oh what's all this about? Then I heard him say "You gotta go! You gotta go back! You have to, you have to GO BACK TO SCHOOL!"

She said, a bit sheepishly "yeah I know". Then he said "How else are you going to get your education? You need your EDUCATION! So you'll be able to make money and be better, Yo."

I couldn't help it, I shouted out "Yeah! You know it!". She looked at me and smiled and said "I know". The young man was halfway down the block by now.

But I thought about this forum, and the stereotypes, and I wished I hadn't been the only one standing there. We have all sorts of assumptions about people and their desires and motivations. One of the first things we can do is stop lumping everyone together. Black, white, cops, Muslims. Not monolithic groups.

Old 07-08-2016, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Just heard of shootings in Tn and Ga .. one guy called 911 and when the police showed up shot him..this one is Ga.

This is getting way out of hand.
FBI reports the number of LE feloneously killed in the line of duty has been at record lows for the period 1980- 2014.

As it relates to the ambush in Georgia today, the shooter is Stephen Paul Beck (22), an Asian- American.
He was wounded by return fire.

Whack jobs inspire whack jobs.

Old 07-08-2016, 08:58 PM

17,424 posts, read 14,650,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I'm sitting here with Hannity/ Fox News on in the background. The media is out in full force in Baton Rouge taping protesters. Hannity is corresponding with a local reporter asking the crowd if they denounce prior remarks attributed to BLM.

I agree that the media whips it up into a frenzy.

But I was watching the same program you were and I never fail to be shocked at the amount of ignorance displayed on a daily basis by the American public.

People think gun violence is at an all time high. Nope.

People think cops killing people is at an all time high. Nope.

People think more black people are killed by cops than white people. Nope.

And it's not just this subject either. Take HRC. People think "server" and "email address" are the same thing. Take guns. People think an AR 15 is an automatic weapon akin to a machine gun.

People are idiots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies