Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 12:49 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
And his wife looked mortified.

What the heck was he doing or thinking?

So strange.
After watching it and noting it was the Battle Hymn of the Republic, I actually think he was trying to march instead of trying to dance LOL. Still pretty silly and looks inappropriate.

Old 07-13-2016, 01:11 PM

1,448 posts, read 1,187,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
Your dementia comment actually doesn't seem far off. It's as if he suddenly just forgot where he was.
It's an uplifting song. If you look at Obama's legs they're marching a little, too.

Old 07-13-2016, 01:59 PM

494 posts, read 1,191,951 times
Quote:
Technically, no it does not fit the definition of an assault rifle. Neither a SKS or the Saiga AK74 variant do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishReaper View Post
I see the police chief tell us the kind of weapon used. Your link has unnamed sources speculating based on a picture from a random site who claims it came from someone else. They are both rifles. Neither are full auto.
I'm not an expert on guns, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night, er, just looked on Wikipedia. According to the old Assault weapons ban, a semi automatic gun IS an assault weapon. Doesn't have to be fully automatic. There are other qualifying characteristics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_weapon

Of course, wikipedia may be a liberal, pinko site. Not as good as the good folks at the NRAtimes.com.

Old 07-13-2016, 02:21 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,606,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolio69 View Post
I'm not an expert on guns, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night, er, just looked on Wikipedia. According to the old Assault weapons ban, a semi automatic gun IS an assault weapon. Doesn't have to be fully automatic. There are other qualifying characteristics.

Of course, wikipedia may be a liberal, pinko site. Not as good as the good folks at the NRAtimes.com.
It has been included in the political definition of an "assault weapon", often misused as assault rifle. It does not fit the actual definition of an assault rifle.

Old 07-13-2016, 02:22 PM

1,587 posts, read 1,015,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolio69 View Post
We know. You shown that the practical definition of an assault weapon is determined by lawmakers which changes with every new legislation before Congress. There're a reason why the previous ban failed and crime didn't change majorly.

Quote:

At least you acknowledge Wikipedia isn't really a credible source for anything.

What is the relevant of constantly mentioning NRAtimes?

Do you secretly love them?

Last edited by Devon011; 07-13-2016 at 02:34 PM..

Old 07-13-2016, 02:22 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,606,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpyDerp View Post
It's an uplifting song. If you look at Obama's legs they're marching a little, too.
I get that, but... man... it's a bit much for a memorial.

Old 07-13-2016, 02:50 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
I get that, but... man... it's a bit much for a memorial.
That's ok, I thought it was a political rally while listening to Obama speak (audio only). Later on I realized it was actually the memorial for the dead cops.

Old 07-13-2016, 09:42 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Your dementia comment actually doesn't seem far off. It's as if he suddenly just forgot where he was.

I agree - and he kept talking to Michelle Obama in an almost giddy sort of fashion. WHAT THE HECK? She kept trying to be gracious but I am sure she was thinking, "Is this old man drunk?" or something like that.

A side note - her arms looked great as usual. And Laura Bush is holding up very well, better than her husband.

Old 07-14-2016, 07:18 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I agree - and he kept talking to Michelle Obama in an almost giddy sort of fashion. WHAT THE HECK? She kept trying to be gracious but I am sure she was thinking, "Is this old man drunk?" or something like that.

A side note - her arms looked great as usual. And Laura Bush is holding up very well, better than her husband.
How do you know that Bush wasn't telling her that her husband was a fool and an idiot while smiling for the cameras? Maybe he was telling her to stop the B.S. and quit ruining the country?

I'd really bet he was telling her "well, you two are going to be outa here soon, how much are you going to charge per speech, are you going to use Hillary's pricing sheet?"

Old 07-14-2016, 11:05 AM

8,695 posts, read 11,084,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post

my 2nd theory is Bush is off the wagon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies