Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 01:49 PM

596 posts, read 428,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe33 View Post
Alot.

The database is searchable. Its important to read the actual event. Some will say vehicular homicide but it was just stupidity and the cop stepped out in front of a truck during a traffic stop. There are lots of accidents and heart attacks too.

Yeah dude, I'm on the website now. I'm five shootings in...so you're either stupid or a liar.

How many black men have been killed by cops from traffic stops this year? Obviously we're not counting the ones that recently happened since you're not counting the recent LE shootings.

Keep going.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2016, 01:50 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,227,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
That is a lie. There were 21 cops shot and killed so far this year in addition to 8 K9s.
Ok. I made a mistake. Still. The rate is very low. and still only 2 during traffic stops.

Old 07-08-2016, 01:53 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,119,861 times
End the war on drugs. Mostly problem solved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottPlake View Post
Yeah dude, I'm on the website now. I'm five shootings in...so you're either stupid or a liar.

How many black men have been killed by cops from traffic stops this year? Obviously we're not counting the ones that recently happened since you're not counting the recent LE shootings.

Keep going.
I dont know where to find accurate info about black guys. But I do watch the news and it does happen alot.

Make sure you sort by year.

3,744 posts, read 4,088,130 times
Quote:
All the time dosent cut it. Its actually very rare for there to be any shooting..

So far this year not including what has happened in the last day or 2 there has been only 2 cops shot and killed during a traffic stop out of the 1 million LE in the states and territories.

Unfortunately for police, this has been a long time coming and there will be people taking out their frustrations on them. (hopefully not us too). Just hope that all calms down quickly.
Please look at correct stats...

There is a policeman dying just about every day in the US as a direct result of a badge...

Officers being killed due to hostile gunfire is up 31 percent this year

21 to date due to shooting

53 total

9 to other assaults

The rest due to mva

To another poster....

The war on drugs..laughable... so dirtbags can be lowlifes and be stoned and or make blood money off the ills of others... we don't jail drug offenders anymore..haven't you heard?... it's a sickness not a crime...of course that narrative sounds good but doesn't work in reality without substantial infrastructure and investment

Old 07-08-2016, 01:54 PM

19,844 posts, read 12,106,658 times
Quote:
Ok. I made a mistake. Still. The rate is very low. and still only 2 during traffic stops.
No, you did not. You just got called out on it.

I'm not seeing where the officer "stupidly" stepped out in front of a vehicle during a traffic stop, either.

Old 07-08-2016, 01:56 PM

Quote:
I dont know where to find accurate info about black guys. But I do watch the news and it does happen alot.

Make sure you sort by year.

Lol, ok.

Old 07-08-2016, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
No, you did not. You just got called out on it.

I'm not seeing where the officer "stupidly" stepped out in front of a vehicle during a traffic stop, either.
Keep reading.
My point is that all you hear from the cops is how dangerous traffic stops are and how many cops are killed. This is the reasoning behind their quickness in shooting people during trafic stops. The reality if far from that. It is quite rare. In general, a cop is more likely to crash his car and die or someone hitting him on the freeway than being shot by someone.

Im all for police safety. But not in exchange for my own.

A perfect example is the traffic cops being hit on the freeway. Still, all the time I see them standing out in traffic. The state solution to this is to pass a law making people change lanes when they pass cops instead of directing the traffic stop to a clear area or completely off the freeway. This has caused lots of accidents and deaths of motorists.

Old 07-08-2016, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Keep reading.
My point is that all you hear from the cops is how dangerous traffic stops are and how many cops are killed. This is the reasoning behind their quickness in shooting people during trafic stops. The reality if far from that. It is quite rare. In general, a cop is more likely to crash his car and die or someone hitting him on the freeway than being shot by someone.

My point is that all you hear from the black people is how dangerous law enforcement are and how many blacks are killed. This is the reasoning behind their quickness to loot, protest, and in turn murder more cops. The reality if far from that. It is quite rare. In general, a black person is more likely to crash his car and die or someone hitting him on the freeway than being shot by a cop.

Yep, sounds about right.

Old 07-08-2016, 02:01 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery123
I don't expect/hope to see more article like this.
It's not the solution, that is if it's related to current events.
People are getting fed up....... They are slowly waking and realising how bad things are!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies