Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 07:23 PM

7,190 posts, read 6,831,196 times

Advertisements

This could get ugly...

Police chief: Raleigh officer shot, killed drug suspect during chase :: WRAL.com

Old 02-29-2016, 09:14 PM

3,649 posts, read 4,505,314 times
The guy has 6 arrests and is armed, being chased for a warrant by a cop, what does he expect? Sorry, but no sympathy. One less criminal off the streets.

Last edited by RedZin; 02-29-2016 at 09:57 PM.. Reason: Same basic thought.

Old 02-29-2016, 09:59 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,280,152 times
Let's remember that this is a sensitive topic.

I'm interested in the facts of the case, that said.

What REALLY happened? He was clearly a guy with quite an arrest history, but exactly what happened TODAY?

Old 03-01-2016, 03:07 AM

201 posts, read 190,231 times
Am I the only one who thinks it's premature for the community to be protesting? The investigation has barely started and they're making the officer out to be the bad guy. He may very well be for all we know, or he could have been defending his life. If the guy did threaten the officer I hardly think that's a reason for protesting. Is there more information about the case that I haven't read?

Old 03-01-2016, 03:57 AM

13,811 posts, read 27,462,794 times
29 year old senior officer? Seems young to be a "senior" officer.

Old 03-01-2016, 04:39 AM

7,190 posts, read 6,831,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetwhisperer View Post
Am I the only one who thinks it's premature for the community to be protesting?
Nope. The moment I first read the article, my first reaction was "Oh ****. Raleigh is gonna become the next Ferguson or Baltimore". Luckily, I'm wrong so far since half of Raleigh didn't go up in flames last night.

Old 03-01-2016, 04:50 AM

22,672 posts, read 36,820,982 times
Quote:
Am I the only one who thinks it's premature for the community to be protesting? The investigation has barely started and they're making the officer out to be the bad guy.?
Where've you been the last few years? Cops are the bad guys....till you need one.

Old 03-01-2016, 05:31 AM

1,231 posts, read 3,151,564 times
Cop doing his job. Move on to next post. This is non sense.

By the way Raleigh Police Chief Cassandra Deck-Brown looks like Officer Laverne Hooks in the 1984 move The Police Academy. Personality of her too. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Laverne+Hooks+police+academy

Old 03-01-2016, 05:50 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,310,427 times
Quote:
Am I the only one who thinks it's premature for the community to be protesting?
I think most people with common sense agree that it's premature to protest, but also, the same prevailing cool heads would think it's also too soon to throw our constitution out and pronounce the person who got shot (I avoided use of "victim" because we don't know yet) guilty and sentence him to death, like this person did:

Quote:
The guy has 6 arrests and is armed, being chased for a warrant by a cop, what does he expect? Sorry, but no sympathy. One less criminal off the streets.

The correct answer for BOTH sides is to get the facts, and to not be hasty. It's also important to distinguish the difference between protesting and mourning. No matter what this person's history is, he's still someonen's son, neighber, father of two, and many other things, and they need space to go through the mourning process. I don't see evidence that the gaterherings have become ugly, so let them have their time to process as well.

Hopefully (fingers crossed) cool heads will prevail in Raleigh on ALL SIDES regarding this matter.

Old 03-01-2016, 05:59 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,936,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I think most people with common sense agree that it's premature to protest, but also, the same prevailing cool heads would think it's also too soon to throw our constitution out and pronounce the person who got shot (I avoided use of "victim" because we don't know yet) guilty and sentence him to death, like this person did:

The correct answer for BOTH sides is to get the facts, and to not be hasty. It's also important to distinguish the difference between protesting and mourning. No matter what this person's history is, he's still someonen's son, neighber, and many other things, and they need space to go through the mourning process. I don't see evidence that the gaterherings have become ugly, so let them have their time to process as well.

Hopefully (fingers crossed) cool heads will prevail in Raleigh on ALL SIDES regarding this matter.
The facts will tell the story in due time. I feel for the victim and his family. I feel for the officer and the department.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary