Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2016, 10:18 AM

3,307 posts, read 8,564,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc99 View Post
Well, we just have to believe Officer Twiddy's version. The other guy is not alive to tell his side of the story.

The question is, when this vicious cycle will stop!!
What would you propose the officer do when a fleeing criminal, wanted for a felony pulls a gun on him? I actually feel very bad for the officer as I can guarantee you he wasn't looking to shoot and kill someone that day. People have no clue what's it like being a LEO and having to deal with split second life/death situations. I'm sure he's not at home celebrating, but you better believe he knows he did the only thing he could do in order to safe himself from grave injury or death.

Why does it ALWAYS have to be a racial issue that becomes the officers fault? The deceased young man was failed by the very environment that he grew up in and is supporting his legacy right now.

Old 03-04-2016, 10:29 AM

2,863 posts, read 4,679,477 times
Quote:

Seriously?

When people of all colors stop doing stupid ****, I suppose.

Old 03-04-2016, 11:07 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
Quote:
Well, we just have to believe Officer Twiddy's version. The other guy is not alive to tell his side of the story.

I think that last sentence is a good one to ponder.

That said, RPD has a pretty good track record in terms of general avoidance of corruption.

If the coroner's office supports the officer's account on this one, odds are high that the deceased was not out for an afternoon stroll to the library, minding his own business, unarmed, and gunned down by the police for walking while black.

Reacting to every story with complete distrust of the police is as bad as assuming they are always right, even in the light of evidence to the contrary.

The truth, on average, lies in the middle.

Sometimes, cops are corrupt. Sometimes, they are not.

Sometimes, suspects are armed and dangerous. Sometimes, they are not.

Old 03-04-2016, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Lan View Post
Seriously?

When people of all colors stop doing stupid ****, I suppose.
So...pretty much never?

Old 03-04-2016, 11:54 AM

656 posts, read 1,208,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaucyAussie View Post
"Shortly before noon on February 29, 2016, Senior Officer D.C. Twiddy was on Bragg Street near Mangum Street when he observed an individual he recognized as Mr. Akiel Rakim Lakeith Denkins. Officer Twiddy was aware that Mr. Denkins had an outstanding warrant for his arrest relating to felony drug charges."
Did the officer radioed the control room and identified the suspect before he pursued ?

Old 03-04-2016, 12:16 PM

3,307 posts, read 8,564,097 times
Quote:
Did the officer radioed the control room and identified the suspect before he pursued ?
It doesn't matter if he did that or not. You don't wait to hear back from dispatch before you pursue a felon . He recognized him, so I'm 99.99% sure the officer had dealt with him before. We all know the officer had the right person. Too bad the guy decided to run and not just stand there and give the officer his ID. Then he would still be alive and of course the officers assumption that he was indeed the felon he was looking for would have been correct.

Old 03-04-2016, 12:18 PM

656 posts, read 1,208,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
The coroners report supports the officers version of the story.
I am not guessing who is on the wrong side, all I am saying is, let's not CONFIRM what the officer did is 100% correct and go by his version. There are lots of unanswered questions. Can the coroners report confirm that both struggled and the victim tried to shoot the officer ?? Did they find officers finger prints on the victim or if they picked up the victims finger prints on the officer ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
The vicious cycle will stop when there are no more criminals. Its not going to happen.
I am astonished by your pessimism! Criminals are not born. Their upbringing, living environment, lack of good education and other factors influence a person into criminal activities, again, not justifying criminality, but there are chances he may not be a criminal if he had a different life! So, it will stop ONE day when everyone gets equal opportunity to live a good life!!

Old 03-04-2016, 12:26 PM

I really think that unless RPD comes up with any new evidence, there's not much else to say about this case.

Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary