Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2016, 04:36 AM

7,190 posts, read 6,831,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
Being that the shooting took place in the 'hood and given that I grew up in the same 'hood I can assure you only a handful of folks will talk and it's highly doubtful they'll talk the truth if the truth is the assailant pointed his gun at the police. Just sayin'.
I agree. I don't think they'll say anything to hurt their case if he really did aim a gun at the cops. I would be extremely surprised otherwise.

Old 03-02-2016, 06:06 AM

275 posts, read 330,999 times
Why didn't he just use a taser gun?

Old 03-02-2016, 06:14 AM

6,455 posts, read 9,822,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. ENC View Post

Well, if the guy turned on the police officer with a gun in his hand, or if the cop just saw the gun, why would the cop pull out a taser against a gun?

Old 03-02-2016, 06:14 AM

43,315 posts, read 77,165,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. ENC View Post
Did the other guy have a "real" gun? TBD. But, one was found "near by" or "next to."
How far apart were they? TBD
Did the cop have a taser? TBD

Too little is known right now to justify much of anything.

Old 03-02-2016, 07:04 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Really?
Have you ever shot a gun?
After running and jumping a fence?
It's not that simple or easy.
For one shot, sure. But seven shots is shooting to kill.

Old 03-02-2016, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post

However, him being in a gang would be relevant in this case in the sense that, you know, people in gangs tend to commit a disproportionate amount of crime compared to people who are not in gangs.
I disagree with this comment in the context that some others are using it. We are talking about someone being shot and killed. It is not justified because someone matches a profile. Some on this discussion disagree with me, but the constitution is VERY CLEAR that someone is innocent until proven guilty. That holds true here in Raleigh.

Quote:
Posting this information is merely posting information. How is it any different than the news articles stating that he had kids, was getting his GED, or that his mom heard he'd been shot in the back?

I really hope they get this investigation done quickly AND thoroughly. My heart goes out to his family, especially his kids. This has to be very tough for them.
I do agree with these comments. The INFORMATION is relevant, and my heart goes out to all involved, including the officer and his family, who I assume did not set out to be involved with this when he woke up on the day of the incident.

Old 03-02-2016, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
"The guy has 6 arrests and is armed, being chased for a warrant by a cop, what does he expect? Sorry, but no sympathy. One less criminal off the streets."

That looks like a lot of facts to me. He was a dangerous person who did not heed the law. I am so tired of people looking for reasons to find fault with police officers risking their lives to protect ungrateful people.
A lot of irrelevant facts. He is (Currently) innocent of all arrests, unless he's been proven guilty in a court of law. You can't go around shooting someone just because they are in a gang, because they are a certain religion, color, political background, pro choice/life, or anything else. You people really need to learn our constitution. It applies here in Raleigh just like it does everywhere else around the country.

I find no fault with the police officer in this case, it's too early. It's a tough place to be, and split second decisions are being made. I don't envy that job. What I do have a problem with is people like you, who want to justify a justice system which is exactly against the principles this country was founded on.

And if the officer did wrong, but not willful wrong, then it's an opportunity to learn, to change the training, and to make our great police officers even better. If it turns out he was willfully wrong, he dererves accountability just as much as a gang member would. And if it turns out he was fully justified, he should and almost certainly will walk professionally unscathed, but now with the burden have having taken a life in the line of duty. Any way you look at it, it's an unfortunate situation.

Old 03-02-2016, 07:17 AM

3,050 posts, read 4,995,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I disagree with this comment in the context that some others are using it. We are talking about someone being shot and killed. It is not justified because someone matches a profile. Some on this discussion disagree with me, but the constitution is VERY CLEAR that someone is innocent until proven guilty. That holds true here in Raleigh.

Really? What section?

Old 03-02-2016, 07:19 AM

Quote:
For one shot, sure. But seven shots is shooting to kill.
It may be. It may be terrible marksmanship.

Too much "if, if, if" to be clear on a lot, other than the guy is dead and the cop is under investigation.
I am very curious regarding the "near by" or "next to" gun, too.

Old 03-02-2016, 07:20 AM

Quote:
A lot of irrelevant facts. He is (Currently) innocent of all arrests, unless he's been proven guilty in a court of law. You can't go around shooting someone just because they are in a gang, because they are a certain religion, color, political background, pro choice/life, or anything else. You people really need to learn our constitution. It applies here in Raleigh just like it does everywhere else around the country.

I find no fault with the police officer in this case, it's too early. It's a tough place to be, and split second decisions are being made. I don't envy that job. What I do have a problem with is people like you, who want to justify a justice system which is exactly against the principles this country was founded on.

And if the officer did wrong, but not willful wrong, then it's an opportunity to learn, to change the training, and to make our great police officers even better. If it turns out he was willfully wrong, he dererves accountability just as much as a gang member would. And if it turns out he was fully justified, he should and almost certainly will walk professionally unscathed, but now with the burden have having taken a life in the line of duty. Any way you look at it, it's an unfortunate situation.
Very well said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary