Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2016, 01:33 PM

29 posts, read 53,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
I wonder if all this recent chaos is going to create a shortage of police officers. I sure wouldn't want to take on that job these days.
Not just police officers. Anyone who is in a police academy or teachers college today should have their head examined

Old 03-02-2016, 02:08 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,280,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
Sad for anyone to lose a child and sad that a cop was put in that situation if he was
defending himself from an armed suspect...

But one thing that I think needs to be addressed in these situations is how the media
repeats any rumor that they hear early on in the situation...
From what I understand someone who did NOT see the actual shooting told the mom that
the cop chased the unarmed man and shot him in the back 7 times for no reason...
Then mom tells the reporter that & the irresponsible media repeats it as fact...
That could easily create a riot and harm to others when it was a rumor all along...

WRAL & WTVD...report the facts !!!!
Don't report gossip & rumors....
The facts aren't nearly so exciting, nor do they hook as many viewers. I agree with you, though.

Old 03-02-2016, 04:44 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,827,810 times
Sad all around.

Old 03-02-2016, 07:22 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,018,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JQ Public View Post
Sad all around.
It is....

As the community tries to find solutions, I would love to see the frustration & passion be directed towards
investing in the kids in the community to turn them away from the gangs & crime & drugs..

Once a kid starts down the road of gang & drug activity the
odds of many things going wrong are great...

Old 03-02-2016, 07:29 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,018,404 times
I have to say that I am proud of Raleigh for the peaceful response so far..

I heard a young man from the community on the news today saying
they wanted a peaceful protest because violence would not solve anything...

Wanting answers is completely understandable...

Old 03-02-2016, 08:31 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,642,454 times
Quote:
I have to say that I am proud of Raleigh for the peaceful response so far..

I heard a young man from the community on the news today saying
they wanted a peaceful protest because violence would not solve anything...

Wanting answers is completely understandable...
Every time a policeman shoots someone in the line of duty there is an automatic investigation of the happening so considering that fact; what is there to protest?

Old 03-02-2016, 08:46 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,642,454 times
Quote:
It is....

As the community tries to find solutions, I would love to see the frustration & passion be directed towards
investing in the kids in the community to turn them away from the gangs & crime & drugs..

Once a kid starts down the road of gang & drug activity the
odds of many things going wrong are great...
I agree. I was on the jury of a murder trial. That is something I hope I never have to do again. The first three witnesses came from prison and jail to testify. The experience was total culture shock to me. In listening to the witnesses I realized several men had been standing on a street corner dealing drugs all day and no one in the neighborhood had done a thing to stop it. The group the girl who was shot was with did not leave their homes until the drug dealers were gone. This had no relevance to the trial but was just something I gathered by listening to the witnesses.

We have soldiers who risk their lives going into war for our country. If we are to stop the drug dealing and violence someone besides police will need to step up and risk their lives and call the police and report these criminals. The police are not the enemy--the drug dealers are the enemy. What they sell causes many lives to be destroyed.

Old 03-03-2016, 01:26 AM

1,527 posts, read 1,482,197 times
Now, if the deceased mother really cared, she'd have done something to get her son out of his life of habitual felonies before it led to his demise.

She sure ran to hire a lawyer.

If the officer acted correctly and did not plant a throwaway weapon, this is a Biblical example of "The wages of sin is death".

Old 03-03-2016, 07:30 AM

7,190 posts, read 6,831,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorxxx View Post
They got a little more sense around here, not much, but a little.
That's a relief!

Old 03-03-2016, 07:53 AM

13,713 posts, read 12,446,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Every time a policeman shoots someone in the line of duty there is an automatic investigation of the happening so considering that fact; what is there to protest?
Not everyone trusts the police to investigate the police. Especially in a community where people don't totally trust the police. Even though it is likely RPD's Internal Affairs division, and the State Bureau of Investigation that do the investigating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary