Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 05:21 AM

12,040 posts, read 6,572,819 times

Advertisements

While the percent of blacks killed by white cops is minuscule, and the majority are killed by other blacks, almost half of cops killed are killed by blacks.
It's amazing white police have the courage and integrity to even go into black crime areas anymore.
Why doesn't the media show THIS statistic when liberals complain about cops???

The war on cops: The big lie of the anti-cop left turns lethal | Fox News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2016, 07:02 AM

45,231 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Cops have executed about 600 people of all races this year to date. Just sayin.

Old 07-09-2016, 07:08 AM

455 posts, read 283,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
While the percent of blacks killed by white cops is minuscule, and the majority are killed by other blacks, almost half of cops killed are killed by blacks.
It's amazing white police have the courage and integrity to even go into black crime areas anymore.

no its not. the percentage of blacks killed in proportion to the population is much greater.

thats what you like to bring up with black crime, so your going to be held to the same standard.

Old 07-09-2016, 07:14 AM

21,144 posts, read 19,722,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay1988 View Post
Like I've said before, not all cops are bad. But there some evil ones, who walk the land. And nowadays you never know the good cops from the bad. When I see a cop, as a black male, I tense and get nervous and I've never committed a crime in my life. Who's to say that I won't get stopped and then when I reach for my ID, the cop doesn't "get spooked" and start spraying bullets? There's been too many instances of police brutality and you still have people, who live in a bubble, who swear up and down that there's no problem. And luckily there was a video camera present, to help bring awareness to these unjust killings. But what scares me, is what about the times that no camera was present? How many cases of brutality have happened, but wasn't recorded...so it got swept under the rug? This is some scary sh*t. Tbh, I wish all cops were like Nakia Jones. The Facebook video that she posted was so powerful. Those are the kind of officers we need.
Maybe you should tense up and get nervous every time you see a black man, because you are much more likely to be killed by a black man than a white cop.

Old 07-09-2016, 07:17 AM

733 posts, read 603,248 times
Black lives matter - Hillary Clinton
All lives matter - Donald Trump

Old 07-09-2016, 07:32 AM

3,515 posts, read 3,688,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Cops have executed about 600 people of all races this year to date. Just sayin.
Executed huh?

Its not as if the conditions of policing means that there will always be those who will wind up getting killed, even if police do everything right.

You have desperate people who will opt to fight or shoot it out with police rather than go to prison, those who will threaten the lives of others and those who use the police as a facilitator for suicide.

The Washington Post did a detailed review of police-involved shootings and found that the absolute vast majority were unquestionably justified. Its a reality of the job that you encounter bad people with worse intentions.

When police screw up, as appears to be the case in the Castile shooting, they should be punished, if anything even more harshly than the general public because they have the responsibility to act carefully and uphold the public trust.

But beyond that lets not act like police are going out killing people for ****s and giggles. Taking lives results in its own weight being placed upon the individual pulling the trigger. I'm sure most cops would prefer to go about their jobs without ever having to take a life but that isnt the reality that we live in.

Old 07-09-2016, 07:34 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguars010 View Post
no its not. the percentage of blacks killed in proportion to the population is much greater.

thats what you like to bring up with black crime, so your going to be held to the same standard.
Gladly hold it to the same standard. The highest rates of violence and murder occur in black communities in the cities, this is where the police are going the encounter a high rate of violent and murderous people. Certainly if 42% of cops are being shot by blacks that is a clear indication that is the case.

Look at this way, if you had a community of 600K and one cop was shot each year and another with 100K where one cop is shot each year which one is the more violent towards cops?

Old 07-09-2016, 07:34 AM

455 posts, read 283,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
Executed huh?

Its not as if the conditions of policing means that there will always be those who will wind up getting killed, even if police do everything right.

You have desperate people who will opt to fight or shoot it out with police rather than go to prison, those who will threaten the lives of others and those who use the police as a facilitator for suicide.

The Washington Post did a detailed review of police-involved shootings and found that the absolute vast majority were unquestionably justified. Its a reality of the job that you encounter bad people with worse intentions.

When police screw up, as appears to be the case in the Castile shooting, they should be punished, if anything even more harshly than the general public because they have the responsibility to act carefully and uphold the public trust.

But beyond that lets not act like police are going out killing people for ****s and giggles. Taking lives results in its own weight being placed upon the individual pulling the trigger. I'm sure most cops would prefer to go about their jobs without ever having to take a life but that isnt the reality that we live in.

thats the problem though, they dont get punished when they screw up many times.

Old 07-09-2016, 07:36 AM

2,248 posts, read 2,349,710 times
Quote:

I'm surprised that your average non-White male American has the courage and integrity to go into movie theaters, schools, and malls without fear because ya know...

Oh never mind that doesn't apply here. Carry on.

Old 07-09-2016, 07:38 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,912,447 times
Quote:

Quit watching your right news media outlet. Fox News is against anything black. That news station always does this kinda stuff when white folks are highlighted doing bad stuff in the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies