Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 08:04 AM

524 posts, read 361,894 times

Advertisements

Michael Jackson ....."man in the mirror" comes to mind
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2016, 08:10 AM

2,851 posts, read 3,475,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
They need to blame white people. You know, elections.
Pretty much the entire BLM movement. When they start protesting gang shootings in the hood instead of all these perceived racist police (and the few cases I have followed have all been siding with the police on the facts of the case) I will start to listen to them. Until then I will ignore the race baiting hypocrites.

Old 07-09-2016, 09:54 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
I like Giuliani but he's known to stir the pot.

IMO, not an appropriate thing to say this week.

It is not the police's job to be the judge, jury and executioner.
Giuliani happens to know a lot about these type of people, when do you want Giuliani to bring it up next year when President Obama is out of office? Time to hold BLM for damage, rioting and disturbing the peace.......after all, if you or I did this we would be held responsible and have to pay for any damage done.

Yet, BLM causes chaos and only the people and businesses pay for the destruction......tried of it!

Old 07-09-2016, 09:56 AM

30,371 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Of course Guiliani is right, blacks kill other blacks at a rate 70 times higher than cops do. Of course you want cops to do their job correctly but if black lives was their focus, they would focus 70 times more effort on making their communities safe without the police involvement. If blacks got their violent and murder rates down to the level of whites and Asians, they would suffer far fewer police killings.

i know this logic is irrefutable.

Old 07-09-2016, 09:57 AM

Quote:
BLM needs to be dissolved. Get a new slogan and only embrace the actual victims like Castillo not the thugs like Brown who get what they were asking for.
This is the thing with these groups......we dissolve them, then they just regroup and emerge under a new name.

How many in this movement are admitting the shooter was a member of The new black panther......no one!

Old 07-09-2016, 10:09 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Exclamation BLM better clean up thier PR Image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
"If black lives matter were truly concerned about black lives matter then people would be concerned about. "black crime".

After seeing many of the events that involve Rallies, I true think crime follows. However I can see their concern about how law enforcement views the inner city(any city). Not every Black person is a thug, but as a officer you can not trust the community to embrace law enforcement. The street is not the court room either and people who are caught in committing a crime do not want to go to jail.

There are certain parts of Miami where Miami Dade Sheriffs depart go in 2 cars at a time. Locals actually defend illegal acts from prostitution to, robbery and drug dealing. I have seen this from a Law enforcement prospective.

Old 07-13-2016, 07:05 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
It is the appropriate time to say it. They are in the news, and look what happened at their rally. I don't think the organizers were all in cahoots, but they caused this by constantly claiming white people are out to kill black people. I once read an opinion piece from this BLM person saying that it was open season on black people after the Ferguson Grand Jury didn't indict Darren Wilson. He said now white people could shoot them anywhere they go without repercussions and they should watch out.

What kind of idiot thinks white people are just itching to kill black people, but the only thing holding them back is the law? That's paranoia at its finest. And ignorance of crime statistics.

Agreed. But, sadly, we're going to hear more of that deflection.

The only ones who were targeted were those five officers. And this is the appropriate time to say it.

Old 07-13-2016, 07:10 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
it's still not the appropriate thing to say this week. The last thing we need is for some hot head to stir the pot even more. JMO

some cops are not without blame. What happened in MN was absolutely appalling.

Here we go again. It's always those on the right side being accused of "stirring the pot" --while the real evildoers are running amok and destroying this country.

Thank gawd Giuliani isn't a wimp. He won't be cowered into shutting up.

Old 07-13-2016, 07:15 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,730,662 times
Quote:
They need to blame white people. You know, elections.
They are upset because their guy Barack is about to leave office after two terms and all they got was a stupid T-shirt. Most are worse off than before.

Old 07-13-2016, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I think Giuliani makes a lot of sense, most of the time, but I am against labels like BLM, because they mean different things to different people. I really think it exists more because it provides a unifying cause in the fragmented black community, which is hungry for one.

Here in Savannah, the ghetto "youts" are killing each other on a daily basis. This is because there is no family structure in much of the black community. By that I mean, no fathers. The black community needs to quit picketing and start looking to itself to fix their problems.
Excellent look at this......not to offend single black moms, I see they have to take on 2 roles and raising boys is not an easy task. I see the young men lacking in positive authority and this makes them grow up with no direction, can't handle authority and respect for those outside of their community is heavily lacking. Respect within the community is lacking and many of the moms are blaming society, instead of the men who they produced their child or children with.

These same traits are also showing up in white single moms........and to think some people want to get rid of birth control. Having children and not teaching them respect, how to live in society to get ahead is only producing more issues, that tears down a society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies