Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 02:03 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,517,565 times

Advertisements

https://stream.org/miracle-u-s-constitution/

And some in our country want this torn up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2016, 02:50 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,236,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post

Excellent article. Thank you!

Old 07-04-2016, 03:00 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,740,800 times
Good article. Too bad we often ignore it in the modern era.

Old 07-04-2016, 03:05 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,121,492 times
Quote:

Lots of God talk in that version of history. Pretty sure the founders were very wary of church and state. You mad about the abortion ruling being struck down I assume?

Old 07-04-2016, 03:08 PM

89,037 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:

Well, in one fell swoop, SCOTUS just negated states' 10th Amendment rights, and women's 14th Amendment right to the equal protection of states' medical and facilities standards for centers that perform surgical procedures, while not also stating that state standards should be struck down for surgical procedures performed on men, as well.

SCOTUS has done a lot to destroy Constitutional rights. Why? SCOTUS Justices are required to take an oath stating:

"I, _________, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same..."

Text of the Oaths of Office for Supreme Court Justices

Old 07-04-2016, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Well, in one fell swoop, SCOTUS just negated states' 10th Amendment rights, and women's 14th Amendment right to the equal protection of states' medical and facilities standards for centers that perform surgical procedures, while not also stating that state standards should be struck down for surgical procedures performed on men, as well.

SCOTUS has done a lot to destroy Constitutional rights. Why? SCOTUS Justices are required to take an oath stating:

"I, _________, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same..."

Text of the Oaths of Office for Supreme Court Justices
Repeating misinformation doesn't make it a fact. You brag about your success, use it to push forth your agenda and views to take it back to the Supreme Court. Otherwise you are wrong until proven right.

Old 07-04-2016, 03:29 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times
What's miraculous about another statist declaration used by the ruling elite to enslave the peasants?

Old 07-04-2016, 03:31 PM

89,037 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Repeating misinformation doesn't make it a fact.
Let's look at the facts, shall we?

Read the relevant parts of the 10th and 14th Amendments yourself, respectively:

States' right to legislate medical and facilities standards: The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

Women's right to equal protection: No state shall... deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

The SCOTUS recent ruling striking down TX legislated medical and facilities standards for facilities that perform surgical procedures on women only (but not men) violates both Amendments, which is also a violation of the Oath the SCOTUS Justices swore before they were permitted to execute the duties of their appointed office:

Old 07-04-2016, 07:59 PM

5,302 posts, read 2,356,621 times
He defends the federalists, defends Lincoln, mentions "anarchy" as if it's a terrible thing, and repeats the false idea that the U.S. is a country of freedom and liberty. It used to be, relative to the rest of the world, but not anymore.

Old 07-04-2016, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Let's look at the facts, shall we?

Read the relevant parts of the 10th and 14th Amendments yourself, respectively:

States' right to legislate medical and facilities standards: The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

Women's right to equal protection: No state shall... deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

The SCOTUS recent ruling striking down TX legislated medical and facilities standards for facilities that perform surgical procedures on women only (but not men) violates both Amendments, which is also a violation of the Oath the SCOTUS Justices swore before they were permitted to execute the duties of their appointed office:

Again. That's your interpretation of the facts, you may not like it but the Supreme Court is the ultimate arbiter. You should post that message to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies