Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 12:02 PM

29,500 posts, read 14,656,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I disagree. If the situation has deteriorated to the point where shooting is deemed necessary, use double ought buckshot. Either shoot to kill or don't shoot!
personally, I prefer that all law enforcement be done from a distance. Seal off the area, and allow no one to enter. Carefully check everyone who wants to leave. Allow those who appear safe to leave, but keep the violence inside. Let them run with it. When they tire out and settle down, give them brooms, scoop shovels, and wheelbarrows and let them clean up THEIR mess. Pay them minimum wage for ten hour days, six days a week until the job is done.

Classic ! Love that idea....

Old 07-11-2016, 12:07 PM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
This isn't just Minneapolis-St. Paul. This happened in Atlanta this passed weekend.

Old 07-11-2016, 12:19 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,749,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They don't work if there is nothing to divide the country. I'm middle class. I do not feel turned on.
They don't need something to divide the country, that's the point. They just invent something like they did here.

We have people demanding cops be fired with no due process, demanding they be prosecuted, jailed, even people talking about killing them. Then we have the firefighters. I was just reading comments and blogs the other night about how Firemen need to be targets too, since they stand with the cops & are obviously all racists. Then of course we have the racist teachers and the White supremacist system to represent. Here in St Paul, the same BLM group is demanding teachers be fired if they disagree with them. One teacher they wanted fired was because a group of Black girls had printed up t-shirts protesting domestic abuse and then had the jersey # of a teammate hurt by Mall of America security in a scuffle. The teacher mentioned that, that was not technically "domestic abuse". The Black girls turned on her, notified BLM and now that teacher has been transferred. These are all traditional middle class jobs that have come under fire under the new "hate the middle class" mentality being spread to the poor. Same thing where you now see the poor rooting for more "free trade deals" that send our jobs overseas, have crushed our unions & our manufacturing base. Same thing with the poor supporting illegal immigration that takes working class jobs and brings down wages. The divisive war on the middle and working classes is counter-intellectual, but very real.

Old 07-11-2016, 12:23 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
They don't need something to divide the country, that's the point. They just invent something like they did here.
It wasn't invented.

Quote:
We have people demanding cops be fired with no due process,
You just invented that.

Old 07-11-2016, 02:41 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBentley View Post
[/b]

And encourage speeding; especially in big 18 wheelers.

I agree, I do not mind people protesting on the freeway, as long as they do not mind getting ran over. if they are willing to take a chance in not getting ran over, then they should not complain when 1 or more of them do get run over.

Old 07-11-2016, 08:34 PM

1,875 posts, read 1,327,208 times
Pretty remarkable of all those protestors to find the extra strength and extra time after a 12 hour day at work to stay out all night protesting and then go to work at 6am the next morning, take the kids to school, cook, clean, shop, care for their parents and volunteering their time to better the community.

Their bosses must be very understanding at their jobs...

Old 07-11-2016, 08:44 PM

34,059 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I agree, I do not mind people protesting on the freeway, as long as they do not mind getting ran over. if they are willing to take a chance in not getting ran over, then they should not complain when 1 or more of them do get run over.

Agreed, and since its too tough to police, speed limits during protest should be eliminated.

Old 07-11-2016, 09:59 PM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
For the past few years I've been saying this. While everyone argues about gun control I've been saying we need to get a handle on the cultural issues that are going on in the inner cities.... sadly this will escalate.
If Trump get's elected (not a chance) things will get very out of control.
And if Clinton gets elected, what will you see happening with regards to "get a handle on the cultural issues that are going on in the inner cities.... "? Whatever that means.

Old 07-11-2016, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Minnesota reminds me of Northern Europe- very liberal- even to their own detriment.
Well, they were settled by Scandinavians so it stands to reason that they will tolerate bad behavior by what the consider disenfranchised people.

Look at recent events of Islam's war on women in Sweden.

Old 07-11-2016, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
Has anyone come forward and turned in the low life who threw chunks of concrete on the cops from the over pass?

Notgonnahappen.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies