Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2016, 11:35 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,557,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Solutions are just as problematic, if not more, than debate on the problem. People want solutions that THEY agree with. Like I said, everything evolved into what it is. Inequality is an evolved condition resulting from a history of unequal treatment. It does not take rocket science to know what the solution to that is. Reverse what happened by doing the opposite. Target blacks for repair like they were targeted for damage.

Get more specific? You are talking about reparations.

Of what sort?

Residinghere made a pretty decent reparation platform in a thread quite awhile back. Concerning education.

While I didn't agree with all of it, it was very well thought out and definitely could be used as astarting point for discussion.

What about your reparation ideas? Lets hear them?

Old 07-13-2016, 11:42 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I believe black people are treated differently than white people by the police. I grew up in a ghetto area-- San Bernardino to be exact -- where I observed this. As a white kid, I was more or less left alone by the cops. I can't say the same for the black and Mexican kids. As an adult, I see the videos on tv and am told by black people that they feel harassed by the cops. I have no reason to doubt them. In 2016, it's totally unacceptable for black Americans to receive different treatment by the police than other citizens. I suppose I should join a BLM march to let others know it's not just black people who have a problem this.
Blacks commit more crime as a percentage of their population than whites. More crime means more police involvement. It really is that simple. Sorry. Naked Truth.

Old 07-13-2016, 11:42 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Always got to make it a wash.....every struggles blacks have....whites have it too in degree and kind....thus....no excuse for black behavior and failures but blacks themselves.
Actually, it won't be to the same degree.

Let's say 5% of EVERYONE is racist. With the population of the US being 62% non-Hispanic white and 13% black, black people will esperience more racism from whites than whites will from blacks due to the population difference. However, it's not that whites are more racist towards blacks than black racist towards whites.

Now, is the percentage of racists amongst all groups the same? I doubt it, but I would tend to believe blacks demonstrate greater racial bias than whites. If you look at the 2008 Democratic primaries where you had two candidates with very similar policies, you'd see that nearly 90% of black primary voters voted for the black candidate while the white vote was split just about evenly between the black and white candidates.

But getting back on track, until the black community addresses issues like the black crime rate, black education and black single parenting, the real issues for the black community will continue to be a problem. Like it or not, blacks tend to lead practically every other group in high school dropouts, unemployment, children born out of wedlock, incarceration rates, etc. these are issues that can best be solved internally, but most of your energy is being wastefully misdirected by the race pimps.

Black people are just as capable as any other group. When black people set goals and apply themselves they are very successful. Black people have made basketball and football culturally important, and they have come to dominate those sports. Compare the percentage of players to the 13% of the population. Both music and dance are culturally important in the black community, and look at the results. For decades motorcycles were mainly a white guy recreation. Black peoples have gotten into motorcycles and have seemed to focus on stunt riding and that has been embraced. Look at the street stunt videos, and you'll notice most of the innovations seem to have come from black riders. It's not much different than how NASCAR is culturally important to southern white guys who tend to dominate the sport or how Asians tend to make education culturally important. Black people need to address the issues of education and two parent households and make things like those culturally important.

Old 07-13-2016, 11:47 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,884 times
Quote:
Solutions are just as problematic, if not more, than debate on the problem. People want solutions that THEY agree with. Like I said, everything evolved into what it is. Inequality is an evolved condition resulting from a history of unequal treatment. It does not take rocket science to know what the solution to that is. Reverse what happened by doing the opposite.Target blacks for repair like they were targeted for damage.

We already did that. We call it The Civil War. Later, that was followed by the 14th Amendment and a slew of other laws to even the playing field. Then we have the War on Poverty, Affirmative Action, preferential hiring quotas and tons of loan, grant and other financial programs aimed specifically at blacks to help blacks. We've spent TRILLIONS of dollars in this effort.

This nation has bent over backwards to help black Americans.

Last edited by Tyster; 07-13-2016 at 12:01 PM..

Old 07-13-2016, 11:48 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Did Africans ever have white respect? We never had your respect because you have always seen us as primitive and savages relative to your culture and civilization.
Quit trying to project.

Your racism has you believing that white people have such beliefs. I see this as no different than the KKK claiming blacks are wanting to rape white women.

Old 07-13-2016, 11:49 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post

1. Black folks are automatically at a disadvantage compared to white people. But a lot of it could be rectified by us. The way the game is set up from the inside looking out is that poor black kids have one of three options to achieve success in life: sell drugs, play sports, make music. I've ironically participated in all three activities, but my stepping stone happened to be the military.
awww

Old 07-13-2016, 11:51 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,949,093 times
Quote:
Did Africans ever have white respect? We never had your respect because you have always seen us as primitive and savages relative to your culture and civilization.
Because you have, as a group, always behaved primitively and savagely relative to our culture and civilization. That is a universal truth around the world. It's why most other countries, including those with no historical ties to blacks, are more racist than the US.

Old 07-13-2016, 11:53 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
I kind of understand what point Indentured Servant is making though..

My brother in law will be a black man. The first black man in my entire family. I love him and can't wait to call him brother in law. I can't stand my sister's first husband.

He said, he has been stopped a lot by police officers when he was in his early 20s. He is a professional who looks very nice now, and he has nothing bad to say about police officers now.

Let me say that I don't doubt, question anybody's experiences. Black drivers certainly get more face-time with traffic cops. But to what extent that reflects discrimination, and whether that discrimination is based in racial prejudice, is more of an open question.

Old 07-13-2016, 11:55 AM

3,366 posts, read 1,606,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I kind of understand what point Indentured Servant is making though..

My brother in law will be a black man. The first black man in my entire family. I love him and can't wait to call him brother in law. I can't stand my sister's first husband.

He said, he has been stopped a lot by police officers when he was in his early 20s. He is a professional who looks very nice now, and he has nothing bad to say about police officers now.

Let me say that I don't doubt, question anybody's experiences. Black drivers certainly get more face-time with traffic cops. But to what extent that reflects discrimination, and whether that discrimination is based in racial prejudice, is more of an open question.
Well said.

Old 07-13-2016, 11:58 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Because you have, as a group, always behaved primitively and savagely relative to our culture and civilization. That is a universal truth around the world. It's why most other countries, including those with no historical ties to blacks, are more racist than the US.
Fine. Those views are racist. That is all I am trying to point out. You probably don't think its racist to see blacks as inferior...when blacks are in a inferior condition to whites...you see it as fact. Am I understanding you correctly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies