Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2016, 07:39 AM

29,003 posts, read 30,435,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Same reason why ANYONE has to work harder than others to "prove" themselves. How do you not understand that?

Even in lefty, Black-friendly academia, what's the meme? Publish or perish. What do you think that means?
Yanno, you can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make em drink....

They always have a reason or excuse, not to work for a living, or why they shouldn't take the necessary steps to take care of themselves! There is always some smart ass answer why, and it's our fault, we've enabled them to think this way.

they don't want to work, they don't want to become a working member of society.

When we all work together, we get things done, but when one person fights the whole, it corrodes from the inside out....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2016, 07:39 AM

89,603 posts, read 45,245,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Your daughters are not black. They do not live in the inner city or descend from slaves.
So... why are they discriminated against ON A DAILY BASIS?

Old 07-15-2016, 07:41 AM

811 posts, read 553,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Propulser View Post
Well, I was doing some research of DOJ figures and learned that a narrow slice of the population, a segment of scarcely 4% of the entire population, committed fully 50% of all homicides. Wow. 1/25th of the population committing 1/2 of all homicides - and mostly against blacks. Any idea who (race, age, sex) makes up that 4%. And don't you think we need to address that atrocity before we turn out nation upside down over a few shootings by cops, many of which are fully justified? The DOJ numbers are appalling, but have not changed significantly during Holder's and Lynch's terms as US Atty Gen.

Is anyone else concerned - at least a little???

We as a nation, and as individuals should be very concerned, and demand this change.
Willing to bet you live nowhere near a hood and are far removed from the issues you're referring to. Since you're so "concerned" can I please see what you're doing to help it? Surely you've organized some anti-violence rallies in the hood right? Can I see photos so I can help promote it?

Are you sure you're "concerned" or just trying to cast the shade on another group to make the demographic you belong to look better?

Old 07-15-2016, 08:06 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,390,776 times
Quote:
support oneself and one's dependents or perish.
I am fascinated with how right wingers long for the survival of the fittest theory. They want the jungle where the lion eats his prey and no one helps anyone. I get their point, but unfortunately we are evolving to a point where we (humans) seem to embrace the idea of helping each other out. This probably has a posotive benefit and likely explains why we are not hunter and gatherers anymore.

IN any event, the point is only valid as a philosophical point of discussion.

Old 07-15-2016, 08:09 AM

Quote:
So... why are they discriminated against ON A DAILY BASIS?
Comparing being a female to the discrimination of blacks is unfair. There are some points of similarity, but in general non-black women have a positive outlook that is sorely missing in some segments of the black community.

The struggles of women is important, but most non-black women do not experience the despair, desperation, and hopelessness of the poor black people.

Old 07-15-2016, 08:10 AM

Quote:
I am fascinated with how right wingers long for the survival of the fittest theory. They want the jungle where the lion eats his prey and no one helps anyone. I get their point, but unfortunately we are evolving to a point where we (humans) seem to embrace the idea of helping each other out. This probably has a posotive benefit and likely explains why we are not hunter and gatherers anymore.

IN any event, the point is only valid as a philosophical point of discussion.
yanno what Julian, you can help someone so much, and then, when you see they are doing nothing to help themselves, you get tired of it, but quick.

Helping someone is one thing, enabling them to be lazy is a whole different ball game.

You can only feel sorry for people so long....

and when the people your helping do not reciprocate in any way, you get tired of being a door mat

America now needs help....

Old 07-15-2016, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Julian658

The struggles of women is important, but most non-black women do not experience the despair, desperation, and hopelessness of the poor black people.
right there your wrong....

I came up without a father, my mother was mentally unable to be a mother....she beat me and blamed me for having me single, by God, I had wished she had given me up.

Her sister's husband sexually abused me when I was five years old and it didn't end there....he also abused his other 5 kids...including two boys, whom he raped.

I had to work from the time I was 13 until I graduated and hand over every cent I made.

I married to get away from it all...however, I was way to mentally mixed up to be a wife...we were both way to young....

I always chose the wrong men, the wife beaters, why? Because like Julia Roberts said in the Movie Pretty Woman...."If someone tells you your no good long enough, you start to believe it!" and its so true. Took me many years to build confidence and be secure..self providing both emotionally and financially....

There is much more that I do not wish to go into, however, don't you dare believe that white woman don't feel despair and hopelessness, you don't claim to use that as an excuse, b/c there are plenty of us white women out there who have experienced it and lived it, but we got ourselves out....by working very hard, including breaking the chains that bind, meaning, our childhood...and what we were raised to believe. You don't get to use that excuse.

It's all about how your raised, and how your parents lived...and if your lucky you don't cave into bad choices, you learn from them.

Old 07-15-2016, 08:20 AM

Quote:
I am fascinated with how right wingers long for the survival of the fittest theory.
Are you saying liberals don't believe in evolution?

Old 07-15-2016, 08:29 AM

Quote:
I am fascinated with how right wingers long for the survival of the fittest theory. They want the jungle where the lion eats his prey and no one helps anyone. I get their point, but unfortunately we are evolving to a point where we (humans) seem to embrace the idea of helping each other out. This probably has a positive benefit and likely explains why we are not hunter and gatherers anymore.
Positive benefit?

HERE'S what's happening:

Medicaid reports (as of June 29, 2015) that 48% of all US births are paid for by Medicaid, the welfare health care program for the poor.
https://www.medicaid.gov/medicaid-50...men/women.html

70% of them NEVER rise above poverty level.
Only 30% of those born poor ever make it out of poverty

And then they need WIC, CHIP, Food Stamps, Section 8 Housing, Medicaid, etc., etc. ... for life.

The federal government spends nearly $1 trillion/year on all the public assistance means-tested welfare programs for the poor. The fact that this is NOT sustainable is a mathematical certainty.

How do you propose we pay to artificially financially support all those additional welfare cases added to the population each year, with 70% of them never rising above the poverty level and needing multiple welfare program benefits for life?

Old 07-15-2016, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yanno what Julian, you can help someone so much, and then, when you see they are doing nothing to help themselves, you get tired of it, but quick.

Helping someone is one thing, enabling them to be lazy is a whole different ball game.

You can only feel sorry for people so long....

and when the people your helping do not reciprocate in any way, you get tired of being a door mat

America now needs help....
I agree with you!

At least you recognize there is a problem.

BTW, helping 24/7 is not the solution.

If I was king I would send all the kids of low socioeconomic unwed mothers to intern schools and would teach ETHICS 24/7.

In a very poor country like Cuba schooling is very serious business and gun crime or murder is very rare. They are dirt poor, but somehow have a self worth that is sorely lacking in the inner cities of the US.

It saddens me that the US is unable to provide this type of education to the poor people. What we have is inner city schools that are in great decay and where these kids learn NOTHING.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies