Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2016, 08:32 AM

89,618 posts, read 45,245,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Comparing being a female to the discrimination of blacks is unfair.
I disagree. As mountainrose has CORRECTLY stated:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
No group of people on this planet have historically been more prejudiced against, sexually tortured, enslaved, threatened, and held back than women.

I have experienced prejudice, humiliation, fear, and inequality from men.
So what?
In balance, most of my best promoters, supporters, and helpers in life have also been men.
My husband of thirty two years is my best friend and has supported every one of my endeavors even the failures.

Stop whining about racism. It will never totally go away. For every supposed racist moment you have experienced from a white person, I guarantee the majority of your experiences with white people were not racist .
The vast majority of whites are NOT racist. But they are getting fed up with all the race baiting and lack of truthful introspection on what is really holding many blacks back.
FURTHERMORE, Black men had the right to vote before White women did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2016, 08:56 AM

36,867 posts, read 31,157,509 times
Quote:
I ask again: What makes a person German? What makes a person Italian?
Being from that country. What makes a person African American? Aren't we all just Americans?
I don't hear people say I am German or I am Italian unless they were actually born in that country. They say I have German ancestry or am of German decent or German American.

Old 07-15-2016, 08:58 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,390,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Positive benefit?

HERE'S what's happening:

Medicaid reports (as of June 29, 2015) that 48% of all US births are paid for by Medicaid, the welfare health care program for the poor.
https://www.medicaid.gov/medicaid-50...men/women.html

70% of them NEVER rise above poverty level.
Only 30% of those born poor ever make it out of poverty

And then they need WIC, CHIP, Food Stamps, Section 8 Housing, Medicaid, etc., etc. ... for life.

The federal government spends nearly $1 trillion/year on all the public assistance means-tested welfare programs for the poor. The fact that this is NOT sustainable is a mathematical certainty.

How do you propose we pay to artificially financially support all those additional welfare cases added to the population each year, with 70% of them never rising above the poverty level and needing multiple welfare program benefits for life?
I get your point.

I am not proposing MORE of the SAME.

See my proposal above.

Old 07-15-2016, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Being from that country. What makes a person African American? Aren't we all just Americans?
I don't hear people say I am German or I am Italian unless they were actually born in that country. They say I have German ancestry or am of German decent or German American.
What is the difference between a German and an Italian?

What is the difference between a a Brit and an Irish?

Old 07-15-2016, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Yes, but women do not feel the way black men do. It is all about perception and perception becomes reality.

Old 07-15-2016, 09:17 AM

Quote:
I agree with you!

At least you recognize there is a problem.

BTW, helping 24/7 is not the solution.

If I was king I would send all the kids of low socioeconomic unwed mothers to intern schools and would teach ETHICS 24/7.

In a very poor country like Cuba schooling is very serious business and gun crime or murder is very rare. They are dirt poor, but somehow have a self worth that is sorely lacking in the inner cities of the US.

It saddens me that the US is unable to provide this type of education to the poor people. What we have is inner city schools that are in great decay and where these kids learn NOTHING.
That's a Democrat thing. They absolutely will NOT allow school vouchers so that poor and inner-city kids have the same access to better educational opportunities as everyone else. Teachers' union donations and votes are FAR more important to Democrats than is actually educating poor and inner-city kids.

And that's even though 2/3 of Black and Hispanic adults support school vouchers.
Quote:
"Pro-voucher voters among racial minorities overwhelmingly support Barack Obama, but they are baffled by the Democratic nominee's opposition to vouchers. They also say they are frustrated that Democratic leaders appear to be more concerned about keeping the peace with teachers unions --which adamantly oppose vouchers-- than about finding alternatives that could advance desperately needed education reforms for minority students.

...Public opinion polls also show solid support for school vouchers among minority parents. Sixty-five percent of adult African-Americans and 63 percent of adult Hispanics favor the use of vouchers, according to a national survey conducted earlier this year under the auspices of the journal Education Next and the Program on Education Policy and Governance at Harvard University. In the survey, more than half of minority adults gave higher marks to their local police than their public schools."There is no doubt that on this issue, ...Obama has it wrong," Martin wrote."
http://www.dfer.org/2008/10/obama_questione.php

But guess who Blacks and Hispanics still vote for time after time after time, anyway?

Old 07-15-2016, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Yes, but women do not feel the way black men do.
Some do. And clearly NOT all Black men feel that way, either, as many are quite successful.

Old 07-15-2016, 09:34 AM

36,867 posts, read 31,157,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
That's only a half truth....The 100% truth is that African-American are the most hatred racial classified of people in the history of the planet earth ( bar none ). The American Economic System isn't committed to seeing full employment of able body African-American (President Abraham Lincoln & John F. Kennedy ) were the exception to the rule " And You Know What Happened to THEM Assassination .

The African-American Community will never become stable until this out of control Unemployment and Underemployment cycle of destruction in the African American Community is put to rest.
Underemployment and unemployment is a problem that plagues everyone not just the black community. For goodness sake there is minority quotas, affirmative action and scholarships and grants available for blacks only.
The Economic system isn't committed to seeing full employment period.
Seriously Abraham Lincoln didn't give two figs about blacks.

Old 07-15-2016, 09:38 AM

59,549 posts, read 27,685,195 times
Quote:
I agree with you!

At least you recognize there is a problem.

BTW, helping 24/7 is not the solution.

If I was king I would send all the kids of low socioeconomic unwed mothers to intern schools and would teach ETHICS 24/7.

In a very poor country like Cuba schooling is very serious business and gun crime or murder is very rare. They are dirt poor, but somehow have a self worth that is sorely lacking in the inner cities of the US.

It saddens me that the US is unable to provide this type of education to the poor people. What we have is inner city schools that are in great decay and where these kids learn NOTHING.
"It saddens me that the US is unable to provide this type of education to the poor people."

And WHO controls the cities and states where most of this is happening? DEMS.

Old 07-15-2016, 09:40 AM

59,549 posts, read 27,685,195 times
Quote:
"No group of people on this planet have historically been more prejudiced against, sexually tortured, enslaved, threatened, and held back than women."

I would like to see this compared to how the Jews have been treated THROUGH out history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies