Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 11:40 PM

1,649 posts, read 1,009,896 times

Advertisements

Do blacks really have it any worse than anyone else in this country, or do they simply make the most noise?

We constantly hear that blacks are treated differently in this country; however, for all the negative aspects there is in regards to being black in America, there seems to be an equal amount of positives. Why do we as a nation seem to ignore the fact that there are large portions of the white population that will go out of their way to accommodate blacks? Why do we ignore the fact that blacks in many aspect are not held to the same standards as other races. They're given more free passes than any other demographic, yet we're convinced that they have it worse than anybody else.

Explain to me how blacks in the United States have it any worse than poor people of other races.

Last edited by jrt1979; 07-14-2016 at 01:00 AM..

Old 07-13-2016, 11:51 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,553,970 times
The fact that you actually created this thread instead of asking your numerous close black friends or family members is just one example of the way in which black Americans are "othered" by white Americans.

Why don't you simply ask this question of ALL of the black people in YOUR life?

Old 07-14-2016, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The fact that you actually created this thread instead of asking your numerous close black friends or family members is just one example of the way in which black Americans are "othered" by white Americans.

Why don't you simply ask this question of ALL of the black people in YOUR life?
I'm not white, but thanks for playing

Old 07-14-2016, 01:13 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,553,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
Again, why don't you go ask your close black American friends to explain this to you?

Or perhaps you should go to a predominantly black site to ask black people to explain this to you.

But truthfully we ALL know what the purpose of this thread happens to be...so carry on.

Old 07-14-2016, 01:38 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,954,839 times
Quote:
Again, why don't you go ask your close black American friends to explain this to you?

Or perhaps you should go to a predominantly black site to ask black people to explain this to you.

But truthfully we ALL know what the purpose of this thread happens to be...so carry on.
What if he doesn't have any close friends of any race? A lot of people have 1 or 2 close friends - not a large sample size when discussing broad topics.

Old 07-14-2016, 02:03 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,152,248 times
Quote:
Ah ok, so as long as you're not white, you have full licence to act in a racist way. Gotcha.

Old 07-14-2016, 02:08 AM

1,544 posts, read 926,261 times
Of course, we do (yes, I'm Black). The reason being is the propaganda that was used to slander and scandalize our ancestors. Propaganda breeds stereotypes, stereotypes breed preconceived notions, wash, rinse, repeat.

Old 07-14-2016, 02:08 AM

Quote:

The purpose of this thread is to ask the question of how blacks in the United States have it any worse than poor people of other races. This is a forum where people talk about stuff like that.

I was pretty clear about that in the OP, but you seem upset/emotional about the topic. I would just not take part in the discussion if it bothers you that much.

Old 07-14-2016, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Ah ok, so as long as you're not white, you have full licence to act in a racist way. Gotcha.
The person I was responding to was insinuating that I was white. I was just clarifying that I'm not white.

Also, there is nothing racist about anything I've said. You like to use that word, but you don't seem to know what it actually means.

Work on that.

Old 07-14-2016, 02:20 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,152,248 times
Quote:
Do blacks really have it any worse than anyone else in this country, or do they simply make the most noise?

We constantly hear that blacks are treated differently in this country; however, for all the negative aspects there is in regards to being black in America, there seems to be an equal amount of positives. Why do we as a nation seem to ignore the fact that there are large portions of the white population that will go out of their way to accommodate blacks? Why do we ignore the fact that blacks in many aspect are not held to the same standards as other races. They're given more free passes than any other demographic, yet we're convinced that they have it worse than anybody else.

Explain to me how blacks in the United States have it any worse than poor people of other races.
15 Charts That Prove We're Far From Post-Racial

And that's just 15 statistics.

Let's not forget being followed around in stores, being undertreated for medical needs (because many medical professionals believe that blacks feel less than whites...yes, seriously. Google it if you don't believe it), and oh...having to deal with being labelled whiners by people who haven't lived in their shoes, simply for not tolerating being treated badly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies