Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 11:20 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,139,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
The viewpoint that a community bank should focus more on the community versus race ?
Ok. That viewpoint is a " white supremist" one in your opinion ..
This is your opinion and everyone has the opportunity to be wrong. Especially when said opinion is primarily due to opposition to black empowerment..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2016, 11:23 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,678,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
Black banks were formed back in the day due to African Americans being denied loans from 'traditional' banks.

At the turn of the century in San Francisco, a little Italian man gave loans to immigrants shut out of 'traditional' banks. After the '06 quake, that same man gave out loans to rebuild the city. The city was rebuilt, and all loans repaid within a decade after the quake, and the little Italian man became what we know as Bank of America!
Let me present the other side of 'black and immigrant banks catered to those denied business from traditional banks'........

The subprime mortgage crisis had plenty 'Brothas, Sistas and immigrants, too' who were part of the problem, offering those infamous subprime mortgages.

As with any business, the rule applies: check the background of any and everyone and look for the best available deal! And if it's too good to be true, it truly is.......!

Old 08-23-2016, 11:29 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,047,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguars010 View Post
the conservative white males worst nightmare is the empowered and entrepreneurial black american.
Not exactly, statistics prove time and time again that there's a greater chance of being jumped, shot or robbed by a black male in America than the chance of an entrepreneurial black American moving in next door and stopping by to introduce themself.

I've got no problem whatsoever with entrepreneurial black Americans in my community, it's the black Americans kicking in doors and carjacking people that causes nightmares for people.

Old 08-23-2016, 11:31 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,914,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slarock View Post
other races fully don't do that, this is the point.

Asians come off as the model minority but a lot of Asians really only spend money in their community. I read something that it's take 28 days for Asian money to leave the Asian community whiles blacks it takes 6 days.

If blacks started boycotting Walmart for a black owned version, it would have financial repercussions on Walmart as a hole so I understand why people are against the idea.

But the only way for blacks to get respected as a whole is to build up their economic base and let their money speak for them, only then will issues stop happening.

it's a good idea that all blacks really need to consider, also create ideas for businesses which leads to more blacks finding jobs.
Yes... especially since blacks have a high buying power in this country

Old 08-23-2016, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
As a white conservative male I see no problem with this. Take care of your people, keep your money in your neighborhood, become less dependent on the system. Be more free thinking ect.
Thanks sir at least one white male conservative gets it. Now can you get the others on board.

Old 08-23-2016, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
"US" versus "THEM"right ? This mentality is a losing one .
No actually that worked. Montgomery bus boycott is a prime example. When you hurt them financially trust changes are made.

Old 08-23-2016, 11:41 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,836,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
Yes... especially since blacks have a high buying power in this country
On this, in regards to Walmart, Walmart actually sells a lot of black owned companies products. IMO it makes so sense to boycott Walmart. There is no "black owned" alternative and Walmart gives black companies a place to make a lot of money.

I only buy hair products from black owned companies. Nearly all the products I buy, except one brand are sold at Walmart across the nation. They are also sold at CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens and various grocery stores even Whole Foods.

We need to encourage more black owned businesses which are centered on a specific product that would do well in retail to work out deals to sell their products in major retailers. That will increase their profits/revenue of the company which in turn could allow them to support organizations that positively affect the lives of black Americans.

Old 08-23-2016, 11:42 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,238,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerP View Post
So when Black people do the very thing you cry babies continuously cry about, building their own economic base to improve their own communities, you still cry. Look we understand we are fascinating people but please go find another minority to obsess over.

Who has ever suggested BLACK ONLY banks?

Old 08-23-2016, 11:43 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,836,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Who has ever suggested BLACK ONLY banks?
Black owned banks have been around for over a hundred years....

Old 08-23-2016, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Civil rights organizations are fighting for justice like they always have. It only seems that way to people that possess either a conscious or subconscious bias against black folks. I can ensure you that black financial empowerment has nothing to do with "supporting segregation". I would think this should be considered common knowledge but I guess not..

Listen katy, during the civil rights movement of the 60s a large portion of white America, but especially white Americans in the south, had nothing but negative critics for the civil rights movement. Today we hear the same negative opinions out of the mouths of the same type of conservatives. Do you think the white supremacists that lost the fight against civil rights just went away? No, they still **** and moan today about things like this and they taught their children the prejudice that has always defined them...

Black financial empowerment is only a threat to white nationalism...
preach man .. no matter how much you explain this they still wont get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies