Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 03:15 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times

Advertisements

No - no morals. Just figured out they want to keep the US money flowing.
The U.S. State Department will reconsider its support of a Syrian rebel group if it's proven the group was responsible for beheading a 12-year-old boy, a spokesman said.

Mark Toner, U.S. State Department deputy spokesperson, said in a press briefing Tuesday the report of the boy's death was "appalling."

"If we can prove that this was indeed what happened and [Nour al-Din al-Zinki] was involved in it, I think it would certainly give us pause ... I can't say what that consequence will be, but it will certainly give us, as I said, serious pause and we'll look at, frankly, any affiliation or cooperation with this group we may have going forward, if these allegations are proven true."

An Amnesty International report, published earlier this month, details acts of torture and abductions allegedly committed by Nour al-Din al-Zinki fighters.
We are almost $20 trillion in debt and we are giving money to these scumbags. Great.... just great....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2016, 03:26 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
I'm not sure about this picture... The boy has a shaved head and the picture of the decapitated head is blurry and has long hair
I have no doubt these savages would do this..I'm just not sure this picture is real
We finally agree on something.

It's not the same face or hair, and if you look at the body in the truck, it almost looks like the head is still attached?

Sick, at any rate.

Old 07-20-2016, 04:21 PM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
No, we don't.

No, we should worry about solving our own problems and defending our own country. Let the countries of the ME either solve their problems and learn to live together or let them die together. We're oceans away and our number one priority should be defending ourselves.
I would absolutely agree with this except our government seems to think we need to let all the refugees here. As someone said yesterday, they are running away from people they are fighting, but they're bringing with them the values and behaviors that caused the violence in the first place. Let them stay and fight for their own countries, and we can leave. Just don't let them come here.

Last edited by katygirl68; 07-20-2016 at 04:59 PM..

Old 07-20-2016, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I will feel better knowing that I did not vote for war. I didn't last time, or the time before or the time before......unfortunately I did the time before and I feel pretty bad about that.

I can at least learn from my mistakes.
That's fine if you live in a reliably red or blue state, but if you live in a swing state you should vote for whoever you think is the lesser of two evils (since that seems to be all we can get each election).

Old 07-20-2016, 04:26 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post

Moral equivalence fail.

Old 07-20-2016, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Obama the noble peace prize winner, spreads peace by bombing a hospital. Shameful!
It was not intentional. You guys make it seem like it was.

Old 07-20-2016, 04:40 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
That's fine if you live in a reliably red or blue state, but if you live in a swing state you should vote for whoever you think is the lesser of two evils (since that seems to be all we can get each election).
No you should not. You should always vote for who you believe to be the best candidate. Otherwise what is the point in having good people run?

Old 07-20-2016, 04:41 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Moral equivalence fail.
It was a fail, no doubt about that.

Old 07-20-2016, 04:43 PM

25,848 posts, read 16,528,639 times
I trust Russia's truth far more than Obamas

Old 07-20-2016, 04:43 PM

1,094 posts, read 499,394 times
The US intervention in Syria is incredibly corrupt, stupid and openly aiding the ISIS terrorists, it's bizarre that Putin and Russia now is basically on the right side of morality and history and is the major power actually defending the rights of Christians and other minorities in Syria. Even if there were "moderate rebels" against Assad in Syria (and this article like many others shows that's an idiotic claim), supporting them is only making the situation worse, and effectively aiding ISIS. As unpleasant as it might be, Assad's regime is the only legit government in Syria and the only fully effective and established local power to crush ISIS and protect the population. The United States has absolutely no authority to be supporting rebels against the legit government in a foreign country, and Assad, unpleasant as he might be, is basically secular and a minority himself who hates ISIS as much as ISIS hates him. The Russians realize this and are supporting Assad's government to crush ISIS and al-Nusra, and protect the Christians and other minorities, which is the only thing that can protect them from genocide. Just like Iraq, the neocons were behind that State Dept. push for war in Syria and they're behind this too. Idiots and warmongers, all of them, and too chicken****e to actually go to war themselves.

Unbelievable that US policy right now is basically pushing to provide support for ISIS terrorists, even indirectly. And basically aiding in the genocide of Syria's minorities. The same thing happened in Iraq, when a tough but secular leader who had nothing to do with 9/11, was overthrown by stupid neocons, with crazy extremists getting power and attacking Iraqi Christians and other minorities. Repeating the same idiotic mistake again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies