Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2016, 11:36 AM

251 posts, read 169,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
yes and the Japanese have the electronics for our warheads - so dont peeve them off
Lol yeah figures
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2016, 11:38 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,126,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
No it wasn't inevitable. The globalization push by the world elites made it happen by ensuring regulations and high taxes made manufacturing move from the US and enabling companies to be bought up by multinational shareholders that don't care one bit about America or it's workers, only THEIR profits. There is nothing wrong with having American manufacturing selling the products here FIRST then exporting it to who wants it. Globalism doesn't HAVE to exist in the sense that it does today, it ONLY exists in it's form now so the richest elites on the planet have a siphon into every nation on Earth sucking them dry for their own agenda.
Of course it is inevitable unless you planned on keeping the world poor and destitute. You have an entirely American centric view which is why you are ignorant about the world.

Americans have voted with their wallets and choose more affordable goods. You want to make America communist where the government decides who gets to buy and manufacture what.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:38 AM

19,658 posts, read 12,255,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Where did you get all or nothing? We merely haven't adapted well.

Why should we have to adapt to something that is not working well for us (working Americans) going along with failure is a bigger failure.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Completely agree.
I don't see too many countries having their version of our H1-B Visa program. Because are industries were forced into globalism , the workforce also has to be as well. And I don't see too many Americans trying to get jobs in China, Mexico, or any other low cost country.
So you don't know how many Americans live and work in China or Japan? Of Korea? Or Europe? Or the Middle East?

It seems ignorance is the issue here. Are you 45 and up?

Old 07-22-2016, 11:40 AM

29,537 posts, read 14,693,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
No it wasn't inevitable. The globalization push by the world elites made it happen by ensuring regulations and high taxes made manufacturing move from the US and enabling companies to be bought up by multinational shareholders that don't care one bit about America or it's workers, only THEIR profits. There is nothing wrong with having American manufacturing selling the products here FIRST then exporting it to who wants it. Globalism doesn't HAVE to exist in the sense that it does today, it ONLY exists in it's form now so the richest elites on the planet have a siphon into every nation on Earth sucking them dry for their own agenda.

Very well said.
And this is why Soros and the other elites that suckle on his teat were so against BREXIT. The eventual break of the EU will kill the cash cow they had going. I think we are well behind what happened over there, so we will see a turn around in 20 or 30 years.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:42 AM

5,705 posts, read 3,676,471 times
I'm sure Trump's speech last night sounded better in its original German.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Why should we have to adapt to something that is not working well for us (working Americans) going along with failure is a bigger failure.
Don't adapt. You think there won't be consequences to becoming isolated?

Have you considered working Americans should have been refining and updating their skills? You seem to be disregarding personal responsibility and self improvement.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Very well said.
And this is why Soros and the other elites that suckle on his teat were so against BREXIT. The eventual break of the EU will kill the cash cow they had going. I think we are well behind what happened over there, so we will see a turn around in 20 or 30 years.
Lolololololololololololololololz. 20 to 30 years in your educated opinion?

Old 07-22-2016, 11:46 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,841,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Trump's stance is that he's not going to let people leave in the first place, bringing anything back would be harder, but Trump has promised to make it really hard on companies who leave and who have left.
I am supporting Trump, but if you really believe he will do what he says he will, especially on this issue I think you will be totally disappointed. Do you or those who believe he can do this have any idea how long we have been sending jobs over seas and how many x pac people there are? He .is promising a lot of things he will not be able to deliver and did he really promise or simply say this is what he intends on doing?

Old 07-22-2016, 11:48 AM

29,537 posts, read 14,693,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
So you don't know how many Americans live and work in China or Japan? Of Korea? Or Europe? Or the Middle East?

It seems ignorance is the issue here. Are you 45 and up?

Oh , I do know many work abroad, the number of foreigners working here if far great though. Can I back that up with a link , no.
How else are they (other countries) going to learn how to machine, weld, forge, cast, design, engineer, etc. Many are over their teaching their trades for the companies that became global.
10 years ago I turned down a $250k (for three years) gig to teach CAD operators how to design injection molded components in India. Now my industry is flooded with Indian designers. I know there aren't too many of us American designers working in India at the moment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies