Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 02:54 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,518,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
Say goodbye to free speech, for one. I am truly scared by these fascist crackpots. I just saw that my alma mater is trying to ban a certain right-wing personality from speeking on campus. All the SJWs are petitioning the university president to not allow him to come for one of his scheduled speaking engagements. Just think about the fact that many of these fascists are going to attend law school and will end up being the elected judges and prosecutors in society. That's when they'll have real power and I have no doubt that they're use it and pass laws against "bigoted" or "insensitive" speech and start jailing right-wingers, if not repealing the 1st Amendment entirely. I'm not conspiracy nut; this is what I honestly believe is in store for us. These people are nuts! I live in a liberal city and I'm afraid to put a Trump bumper sticker on my car because I know it'll get keyed. Myself and other Trump fans hold secret meetings to talk politics (Seriously, we do).
Some folks are easily scared. BOO!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2016, 04:05 AM

41,458 posts, read 59,996,705 times
Everyone has an absolute right to say or write anything they please. They do not have a right to say it everywhere. Some people would say providing a venue for the speaker is a way of endorsing what the speaker is going to say.

Just look at the Republican convention. The use of a Loan shark's building indicates the owners approval of corrupt business practices and the use by the Republicans indicates they approve of corrupt businesses. By nominating The Donald the latter is obvious.

Old 07-22-2016, 04:16 AM

41,011 posts, read 49,496,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
There's a reason the "party of stupid" label has stuck. The current Republican party is full of willfully ignorant anti-intellectuals. The religious fundies and corporate interest they pander to practically demand it.
Typical Liberal Lefty criticizing the hard working people in the US.
How about Hillary and the Corporate interests that have own her ? That suppose to be different?

Repubs want to protect your rights, Dems want to take them away.

Old 07-22-2016, 04:20 AM

41,011 posts, read 49,496,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Just look at the Republican convention. The use of a Loan shark's building indicates the owners approval of corrupt business practices and the use by the Republicans indicates they approve of corrupt businesses. By nominating The Donald the latter is obvious.
Greg you seem like a great guy but I don't see how you can stay a Dem. Look what Mass just did on restricting Gun sales and you know most Dem Politicians wants to do the same thing across the US.

At least that Loan Shark wants to protect your right to keep the guns you own. Hillary would love to take them all away.

He favorite term now is "Weapons of War". They are all scary and need to be banned.

Old 07-22-2016, 05:45 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,523,757 times
Quote:
Say goodbye to free speech, for one. I am truly scared by these fascist crackpots. I just saw that my alma mater is trying to ban a certain right-wing personality from speeking on campus. All the SJWs are petitioning the university president to not allow him to come for one of his scheduled speaking engagements. Just think about the fact that many of these fascists are going to attend law school and will end up being the elected judges and prosecutors in society. That's when they'll have real power and I have no doubt that they're use it and pass laws against "bigoted" or "insensitive" speech and start jailing right-wingers, if not repealing the 1st Amendment entirely. I'm not conspiracy nut; this is what I honestly believe is in store for us. These people are nuts! I live in a liberal city and I'm afraid to put a Trump bumper sticker on my car because I know it'll get keyed. Myself and other Trump fans hold secret meetings to talk politics (Seriously, we do).
Trump is threatening a lawsuit against the writer of Art of the Deal because he called Trump a sociopath if he does not stay quiet. Now that is true example of facism.

Old 07-22-2016, 06:14 AM

29,885 posts, read 14,940,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
It's going to end badly for the SJWS.

I sure hope so....

Old 07-22-2016, 06:31 AM

30,308 posts, read 18,864,658 times
Quote:

Liberalism = Fascism

Old 07-22-2016, 06:45 AM

7,100 posts, read 6,035,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Groups like scientists and university professors do not like republicans. For example only 6% of scientists are republicans. And scientists and university professors are smart people, don't you think they have a logical reason to hate republicans?

Only Six Percent Of Scientists Are Republicans: Pew Poll

And no liberal is ever going to ban free speech because then liberals would be unable to talk about republican stupidity and corruption. And you should be scared to put a Trump bumper sticker on your car. Donald Trump has plans to add $24.5 trillion dollars to our national debt in the next 20 years. How will America's children be able to live good economic lives with an extra $24.5 trillion dollars on our national debt?

Trump

And what will Trump do for you/America?

Trump wants to do $12 trillion dollars in tax cuts. Trumps tax cuts will give the lowest earning 60% of American workers 13% of his tax cuts, and give the richest 20% of Americans 70% of the tax cuts.

Donald Trump's Tax Plan Would Cost $12 Trillion | CTJReports

In 20 years Trumps tax cuts will add $24.5 trillion dollars to our national debt just to give the richest 20% of Americans tax cuts, do you think that's right?
The source you're citing is an ultra-liberal blog, not a group of scientists or accountants... Consider the source before calling the kettle black. Absurdity. Why not try reading his proposal right off his website?

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/tax-reform

Old 07-22-2016, 06:53 AM

50,674 posts, read 47,518,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
Well, if y'all left your sheets on the beds or in the linen closets where they belong, you wouldn't have to meet in secret now would you?
True, in public one can wear bandanas, water balloons and cigarette lighters.

Old 07-22-2016, 07:02 AM

44,252 posts, read 64,625,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
There's a reason the "party of stupid" label has stuck. The current Republican party is full of willfully ignorant anti-intellectuals. The religious fundies and corporate interest they pander to practically demand it.
I have been a Republican my whole life (until the last 2-3 elections), and I agree the party is now way stupider, embarrassing, pandering to evil idiots, and entirely incapable promoting decent candidates for high-level positions.

I cannot agree with the hyper-wasteful, overtaxing, enabling dem platforms, either, so I sit disenfranchised.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies