Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 06:00 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Every war... including the unpleasant Vietnam war...we've always had a military presence. We've always had that presences..

We didn't after we left Iraq...we left, we left... we left without any support... we left and we left a huge open hole.

Historically we've never left like that before... we're f'd in the azz... we left without taking care of the job. Yeah... we left in the past, but it wasn't the same. We've never left a military installation without some gradual reduction in force... this reduction in force was unprecedented.. .and was politically motivated.
Plain and simple.
This isn't true. Why people from both sides push this is beyond me. The Obama supporters try and portray it like we left like he promised and the detractors try and portraying us as leaving being the problem when we never did.

We did draw down troops but we never left.

U.S. officials say 'Iraqi good enough' can contain violence after drawdown - News - Stripes

We never left.

Huge Embassy Keeps U.S. Presence In Iraq : NPR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2016, 07:20 AM

30,373 posts, read 19,170,654 times
It was a gigantic mistake to attack Iraq....Hildabeast and Dick Cheney need to be in jail for that.

Old 07-23-2016, 08:31 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Meh....the whole Middle East used to be pro American. We screwed that up.

Not really. The US paid ME governments to be their friends.

Old 07-23-2016, 09:03 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
I am well aware we need oil to prosper. I just do not believe we need to use force to steal that oil for our private sector instead of just buying it from Saddam's oil ministry.

Old 07-23-2016, 09:16 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,961,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Blame blame blame. Slavery, oppression, drug use, hate. Always blame someone else.
As a united country we need to realize, we lut these people in office. WE DID.
yet we surf forum, social media etc etc for answers. Look in the mirror America, you, we are to blame for all the crap thats happening. We let wars , poverty, etc etc happen.We Did
Majority of Democrat and Republican Delegates who choose the president are Corporate Lobbyists
The American People had no say in it, the partys already told the people they choose, not the voters

During the Iraq War, the majority were against the continuing war and Cheney when asked what he thought about the public opinion, his answer was "SO"

The responsibility for the war rests not on the majority Americans but on defense lobbyists and their political puppets

Old 07-23-2016, 09:21 AM

Quote:
There was no job to take care of.

The United States CAN NOT pacify Iraq or any other nation in the Middle East. That shouldn't be hard to understand.

We lost in Iraq because winning wasn't an option.
What would entail winning?
Crater Bombing the whole country?
I thought we were over there as liberators.
Some say we are over there to kill the Violent Fanatics
Well, Saddam had that under control before we came along
So why did we take out Saddam?
Because he was trading oil in Euros instead of the dollar.
Look at the middle east now, total disaster as the experts said it would be

This folks is the work of the best and brightest this country has to offer.
I would not let the people in power in this country clean my toilet

Old 07-23-2016, 09:23 AM

Quote:
More to do with strategy, oil etc thuan Winners.
So you support theft when you are the benefactor but I bet you hate it if it comes out of your pocket to support food stamps, welfare etc?

amirite?

Old 07-23-2016, 02:49 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
It happens everywhere. US, Africa, ME, Mexico, etc etc. Thats how animals control other animals, as we are just people to be controlled by powerful entities. Your state has fake borders, lines too.
No it doesn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Not really. The US paid ME governments to be their friends.
Really? How so? And I'm talking about prior to WW2.

Old 07-23-2016, 02:54 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,509,747 times
Quote:
No it doesn't.

Uh, righttttttt
Everytime a war or nation conquers another, borders are redrawn. Do some research, dang

Old 07-23-2016, 03:52 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
Quote:
With who? The British and French had it all since before WW1, after WW1 and after WW2. Was there an American Mandate anywhere in the Middle East or even Africa. Even then, we got stuck with the bill of rebuilding Europe while Britain and France were making profits in the Middle East.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies