Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 08:54 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,123,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
People here what they want to hear. Me? I heard him acknowledge the tragedy, then he changed the subject a bit and as he did a spontaneous reference to his kids growing up and leaving home led to this. Was it in poor taste? Perhaps. But it wasn't planned and it wasn't evil despite what some of you think.
Just lack of decorum. Do you know the term?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2016, 08:59 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Desperate to find something to whine and complain about.

I'd like to hear the entire speech but of course that doesn't fit certain peoples' agenda.

Old 07-23-2016, 09:29 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,073,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
Obama does not give shout outs in speeches. Please stop your shenanigans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYldhOp1p34

Old 07-23-2016, 09:34 AM

3,332 posts, read 1,965,034 times
He is beginning to realize that his legacy will be the spread of Islamic terrorism, a faltering economy, and domestic unrest so the only way he can block it out is through chuckling at his own Washington insider adolescent jokes.

Old 07-23-2016, 10:58 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times
Quote:
Uhhhh, yes he does (notice that this 2013 one comes from the White House website). He does it all the time:

"I want to give, also, a special shout-out to one of my closest advisors, one of my oldest friends. But he's also a great friend to all of you, and he doesn’t get a lot of credit because he hates credit; he just likes to work behind the scenes. But he worked with many of you when he worked in the Senate. He has been a key advisor on Native American affairs for me throughout this process, and I could not be prouder of him -- Mr. Pete Rouse. So give Mr. Pete Rouse a big round of applause."

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...ons-conference

Then there was this famous one in 2009 where he got into some trouble before his message on the Ft Hood shootings:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYldhOp1p34

"But instead of a somber chief executive offering reassuring words and expressions of sympathy and compassion, viewers saw a wildly disconnected and inappropriately light president making introductory remarks. At the event, a Tribal Nations Conference hosted by the Department of Interior's Bureau of Indian affairs, the president thanked various staffers and offered a "shout-out" to "Dr. Joe Medicine Crow -- that Congressional Medal of Honor winner." Three minutes in, the president spoke about the shooting, in measured and appropriate terms. Who is advising him? Anyone at home aware of the major news story of the previous hours had to have been stunned. An incident like this requires a scrapping of the early light banter."

Obama's Frightening Insensitivity Following Shooting | NBC Connecticut

May 2016

"A one-day summit was recently held at the White House, during which President Barack Obama welcomed leaders from five Nordic nations. During his speech, Obama gave a shout-out to Finland for the country’s contributions to metal music."

Watch President Barack Obama shout-out Finland’s heavy metal music - News - Alternative Press

Then there was the shout-out to himself in his speech at Muhammad Ali's funeral as read by Valerie Jarrett.

Surprise! Guess who got a shout-out in Obama’s funeral tribute to Muhammad Ali – twitchy.com

Then there was a shout-out to Beyoncé at a college graduation ceremony, the shout out to atheists on Religious Freedom Day, and who could forget his totally inappropriate "shout out" to the Supreme Court Justices during his 2010 State of The Union speech.

There were plenty of nice shout outs, too.

Old 07-23-2016, 11:00 AM

33,572 posts, read 18,174,016 times
All about him.. that is Obama.. his America.. not ours..

Old 07-23-2016, 11:05 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,881,216 times
Quote:

I'm sure plenty of presidents also have injected slang into their speeches at some point.

In this case you expect everyone to speak 100% "perfect English" at all times. Got it.
No I won't stop my shenanigans for you. You must be completely clueless if you haven't heard Obama give shoutouts before.

Just so you stop crying like a little baby, I was also critical of GW Bush's presentation style too at times. Make you feel better little man?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies