Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 04:28 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,933,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamebird98 View Post
She cant throw him out....he knows all of her dirty little secrets.
Weak. Throw him out? Do you think they are coming home to each other every night like me and my sweetie do? Really? Do you think that's the kind of arrangement they are forced to endure because they've got the goods on each other? I don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2016, 04:31 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,677,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I wonder why she would stay with a man who publicly embarrassed her in front of the entire world. Was there a hidden reason why she stayed maybe something would come out she didn't want out if she had a public divorce?
Maybe she likes Cigars, too?

Old 07-26-2016, 04:44 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,014,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
That anyone really riled that Hillary stayed with that cheating so and so Bill Clinton is really riled at themselves for not having a similar ability to think things through. Go Hillary.
LMAO.

I don't think anyone has questioned her intelligence. No doubt she did what she had to do to meet her goals. That, in and of itself however, does not earn my respect, or vote.

Old 07-26-2016, 04:58 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Wait a minute.Why are you offended when a humiliated wife left her husband? It's that just as much their business too? So why are you going after a personal assistant? Huma wasn't a public person. She held no political office. Lots of Washington wives have their own careers these days in both parties, and many of those jobs are as staff for something political. No big deal.

Political wives are just like any other woman. What they decide to do or not is exactly the same as Sue and Danny down the street when it comes to infidelity. You just don't like Democrats, so you pick and choose what offends you or not. Woo hoo... big deal.
I don't care what the men do in either party. I just want one of the women, instead of standing next to them with a pained expression when the cameras and microphones are around, to PUBLICLY say, "My soon to be former husband is a horse's ass and I'm not putting up with his crappola one second longer."

Of course, I also believe that women who had careers before their husband held a high office, continue to work after the election.

I don't believe in alimony, either.

Old 07-26-2016, 05:37 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,624,641 times
There are many things that bother me about Mrs. Clinton. The Lewinsky thing is not one of them. Lots of wives tolerate cheating for reasons I don't get either. But it's their marriage and their marriage doesn't effect me.

Old 07-26-2016, 05:38 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,624,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I don't care what the men do in either party. I just want one of the women, instead of standing next to them with a pained expression when the cameras and microphones are around, to PUBLICLY say, "My soon to be former husband is a horse's ass and I'm not putting up with his crappola one second longer."

Of course, I also believe that women who had careers before their husband held a high office, continue to work after the election.

I don't believe in alimony, either.
Well then give it up for that woman in South Carolina that didn't show up to her husband's press conference. Of course, after reading an excerpt from her book, it sounds like she knew he was an *** before she married him so.....

Old 07-26-2016, 06:15 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times
Hillary was in the room taking Polaroids. Don't kid yourself.

Old 07-26-2016, 06:34 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,790,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
There are many things that bother me about Mrs. Clinton. The Lewinsky thing is not one of them. Lots of wives tolerate cheating for reasons I don't get either. But it's their marriage and their marriage doesn't effect me.
It's not necessarily that they tolerate it. I know people that went through a cheating and gave their partner a 2nd chance. Usually when that happens the victim gains the upper-hand and becomes the stronger one of the 2 because the cheater loses many privileges. The cheater accepts this because it's the conditions that are laid out if they choose to work it out. You practically lose the freedom you once had. The real question is how Bill can live like that but hey, I know many that have made it worked for a long time like that so it must work.

Old 07-26-2016, 07:01 PM

381 posts, read 177,317 times
No, that's their business. Even if she stayed because of her political aspirations or because of an arrangement they had, women stay with unfaithful regular Joe working a 9-5, so forget about the President of the U.S. Hillary has done many things that bother people, but I don't think this is one of them.

Old 07-26-2016, 07:10 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I wonder why she would stay with a man who publicly embarrassed her in front of the entire world. Was there a hidden reason why she stayed maybe something would come out she didn't want out if she had a public divorce?
No. I've been married long enough to understand that people are fallible. Forgiveness is an essential part of sustaining a life-long relationship. I admire any couple who can make it work, because I know what an incredible accomplishment that really is. Honestly, I don't understand the criticism here. Aren't the Republicans the party of family values? Yet this couple is being criticized for living up to their commitment to one another. It's sad that their personal struggles played out on the national stage, but many couples whose lives are not newsworthy also experience the sting of infidelity. I see no reason to pillory Mrs. Clinton for sticking it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies