Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should marijuana be legal, federal level.
Yes, I am liberal. 25 17.01%
No, I am liberal. 1 0.68%
Yes, I am conservative. 36 24.49%
No, I am conservative. 10 6.80%
Yes, I do not identify as liberal or conservative. 63 42.86%
No, I do not identify as liberal or conservative. 12 8.16%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 04:40 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,045,836 times

Advertisements

Should marijuana be legal, federal level?

At the federal level, should marijuana be legal. Please note, even if you believe it is a state issue, for the sake of keeping this poll simple, please just assume it is a federal matter. We can make another poll about should the federal government regulate drugs or not. I want to see where this forum stands on the issue as I believe this forum has somewhat of a wide range of people in the USA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2016, 04:43 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Of course. Who the hell is the government to come into your home and tell you what you can and cannot put into your body? That's silly. They have more important things that they are supposed to be worried about. What a waste of resources that could be better utilized for something productive.

Old 07-26-2016, 04:46 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Of course. Who the hell is the government to come into your home and tell you what you can and cannot put into your body? That's silly. They have more important things that they are supposed to be worried about. What a waste of resources that could be better utilized for something productive.

...and why segment it to party affiliation?

Should marijuana be legal, at every level, period. YES or NO

HELL YES

Pardons should be given to any prisoner in jail on idiotic pot charges, and their record expunged.

Old 07-26-2016, 05:02 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,088,130 times
Granny twelve plant... maybe..if we can get compliance under control
Full scale FDA testing ..yes
Reschedule...yes
Full legalization... Maybe..but only with appropriate controls.. over the next twenty years...tied to FDA testing...
Duid roadside test vetted... absolutely..with national 2 ngm limit..or zero tolerance

Welfare benefits and drug testing tied
Absolute right of employers to reject users with testing

There's more..begin there

Old 07-26-2016, 05:09 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,226,625 times
Yes. I've yet to hear a valid argument that it should be illegal.

Old 07-26-2016, 05:14 PM

192 posts, read 131,176 times
No question. Should be legalized, but the privatized prison systems would empty out, which is a no-no in the U.S. The fact that we have private prison systems is pretty abhorrent.

Old 07-26-2016, 05:26 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezball View Post
No question. Should be legalized, but the privatized prison systems would empty out, which is a no-no in the U.S. The fact that we have private prison systems is pretty abhorrent.
pauca de multis "from many for a few"

The entire politico-legal system has become nothing but a money skimming operation on citizens.

Government of the lawyers, for the lawyers, by the lawyers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Yes. I've yet to hear a valid argument that it should be illegal.
Because there are none, have never been any, and never will be any. It's a harmless drug, isn't a gateway anymore than alcohol is and without the violent component. What a waste of more than a TRILLION DOLLARS and millions of ruined lives this war on drugs has been... just as they planned it to be.

Old 07-26-2016, 05:27 PM

2,682 posts, read 2,181,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Granny twelve plant... maybe..if we can get compliance under control
Full scale FDA testing ..yes
Reschedule...yes
Full legalization... Maybe..but only with appropriate controls.. over the next twenty years...tied to FDA testing...
Duid roadside test vetted... absolutely..with national 2 ngm limit..or zero tolerance

Welfare benefits and drug testing tied
Absolute right of employers to reject users with testing

There's more..begin there

Pretty reasonable, except for the first -- if we don't let Granny grow as much as she likes and instead impose arbitrary limits, we're back in the realm of prosecuting ordinary citizens who grow for private use. The limitations, if any, should be on commercial vendors.

And while I agree with your point about welfare recipients, that's going to be a tough sell if there islegalization. Do we currently test them for alcohol consumption?

Edit: going to change the above sentence to "not sure" about welfare recipients, if they are not otherwise tested for other substances.

Old 07-26-2016, 05:33 PM

5,302 posts, read 2,355,944 times
No peaceful activity should be considered a crime. Are you doing harm to anyone else? No? Then you have the right to do it.

You even have the right to do it if the law says you don't (although it may be in your best interest not to...it's easy to make an example of one person, but not as easy when large amounts of people disobey).

Old 07-26-2016, 05:34 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,555,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
...and why segment it to party affiliation?

Should marijuana be legal, at every level, period. YES or NO

HELL YES

Pardons should be given to any prisoner in jail on idiotic pot charges, and their record expunged.
agree 100%
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies