Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 10:12 PM

144 posts, read 336,094 times

Advertisements

A little off topic...I find it hard to see how Mrs. Pitzer can stand by her husband while he resigns for his lewd behavior. I find no satisfaction in watching anyone or their family go thru such an ordeal, even a Democrat. Mrs. Spitzer, by all accounts is a strong women. However, her husband did not take into account how humiliating this is for his family or he would not have paraded her in front of the media as he resigned.

Last edited by LukePH; 03-12-2008 at 11:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2008, 10:59 PM

1,425 posts, read 3,317,241 times
It just ain't that simple. He is a very important public figure and they have alot more vested and at stake than the average couple. This is standard protocol for high public officials... presenting a united or at least civil front and NOT making a bad situation worse. They don't need more bad press. She has to protect her children too and this man is the Father of her childen so she has to present the best front she can muster up for the childen's sake as well. Everyone knows it is a show and that things will not be very good at home for a long time... if ever... depends on if they can both get through this and come out the other end intact... depends on how much they really love each other and how hard they will work to stay together. Appearances are everything when you are in the public eye. Yes, it is a shame that she has to put up appearances under such circumstances but that is politics and I am sure she would rather not be standing by his side at the moment but it is what is expected in situations like this. Like I said... they both have alot vested in the relationship and they would both like to somehow come out the other end ok... remains to be seen. This woman has to be strong in front of the public but in private you can bet it is ugly. She will eventually forgive him and stay or she will take him to the cleaners but she will have to remain civil for the childen's sake. The media would love for some bitter fighting among the two. She is protecting her best interest and her childrens best interest too by remaining civil. You cannot just lump everybody together in one pile and say that she should leave him... we don't know the dynamics of their relationship. Alot of woman have stayed with their husbands after an affair and are happy with their husbands again. Each situation is unique. The decision to stay or leave depends on alot of things. Some people see everything in black and white.

Old 03-12-2008, 11:11 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,741,434 times
I would have more respect for a woman who found something else to do and not allowed herself to be used and humiliated in such a way.

Marriage isn't about cheating and parading a spouse for political reasons and a woman that allows herself to be a doormat (or a man) isn't enhancing the notion of marriage at all. Marriage is about fidelity and trust. And without trust, there is not true love.

Old 03-13-2008, 07:06 AM

5,273 posts, read 14,553,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I would have more respect for a woman who found something else to do and not allowed herself to be used and humiliated in such a way.

Marriage isn't about cheating and parading a spouse for political reasons and a woman that allows herself to be a doormat (or a man) isn't enhancing the notion of marriage at all. Marriage is about fidelity and trust. And without trust, there is not true love.
Very well put.

Old 03-13-2008, 07:09 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,607,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post

Excellent Point.

Old 03-13-2008, 07:14 AM

2,290 posts, read 5,547,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukePH View Post
A little off topic...I find it hard to see how Mrs. Pitzer can stand by her husband while he resigns for his lewd behavior. I find no satisfaction in watching anyone or their family go thru such an ordeal, even a Democrat. Mrs. Spitzer, by all accounts is a strong women. However, her husband did not take into account how humiliating this is for his family or he would not have paraded her in front of the media as he resigned.
My wife would have made me do all those press conferences and public apologies BY... MY...SELF.

To the contrary, though, rumor has it that Silda Spitzer wanted him to "fight this" thing.

You have to wonder if some wives of these powerful politicians are just as power-mad as their husbands.

Old 03-13-2008, 08:24 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,909,608 times
All just rumors. She as done nothing wrong. She ca do as she likes. If however she comes out and says something like hillary did then she has opened herself for debate abd critisim.

Old 03-13-2008, 08:27 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,509,656 times
He's a slime bag. He got in to the mess all by himself, he can stand up and fess up all by himself rather than degrading his wife any further.

Old 03-13-2008, 08:30 AM

365 posts, read 699,571 times
if I were Silda, Id be suing the hooker, lol.... she seems to have all his money now...dirty lil Jersey Shore dropout

Old 03-13-2008, 08:49 AM

36,576 posts, read 30,907,841 times
Quote:
if I were Silda, Id be suing the hooker, lol.... she seems to have all his money now...dirty lil Jersey Shore dropout
If your serious, I just dont understand that mentality. Its like suing mcdonalds because your husband got fat eating bigmacs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies