Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 11:00 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,690,714 times

Advertisements

Had Congress actually declared war, those people would have been legally gunned down as the enemy on domestic soil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2016, 11:01 AM

20,349 posts, read 19,953,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Apparently it is in RW FantasyLand.
You must be too young to remember the turbulent sixties and lefties behaving badly back then, too.

Hint: It wasn't the "College Republicans" burning the flag. Don't let your professors or barista tell you otherwise.

Old 08-01-2016, 11:01 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,588,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Don't get me wrong, I support your right to do that under the !st Amendment but why do you lefties seem compelled to repeatedly play that card?

What's your point?

"Police say that a Clinton supporter lit a flag on fire near a group of Trump supporters and attacked a man near the Clinton-Kaine event downtown Saturday afternoon............Sturman crossed the street and walked into the middle of the group of Trump supporters........The Trump supporters attempted to put out the fire, which “enraged” Sturman. Sturman then threw a Trump supporter to the ground and attempted to jump on top of him. Bystanders alerted nearby officers, and police removed Sturman and placed him under detention........"

Yet another example of the totalitarian left.

Video included in the article.

Police: Clinton Supporter Lights Flag On Fire, Attacks Trump Supporter « CBS Pittsburgh
I support their right to freedom of speech and expression by burning the flag but when they light themselves on fire, I'd laugh my behind off in tears.

Old 08-01-2016, 11:03 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,389,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
I see anyone burning the flag near me, and they're catching an open-hand slap at the very least. I don't care how anyone feels about that.
I don't approve of flag-burning either, but you do not have the right to assault someone because he is exercising his right to free speech. His method of expression is protected; yours is not.

Old 08-01-2016, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpanaPointer View Post
And the photo was taken in the United States, where it's legal to do that. First Amendment. Those of you who cling to the Second Amendment so desperately should understand. But you don't. Why is that?
Wrong. Many support their right to do that but are disgusted by it. Aren't you?

If not, why not.

I considered them thoughtless, selfish, hateful people playing at being "revolutionaries".

Last edited by doc1; 08-01-2016 at 11:20 AM..

Old 08-01-2016, 11:09 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,308,309 times
Quote:
I see anyone burning the flag near me, and they're catching an open-hand slap at the very least. I don't care how anyone feels about that.
Uncaring = Hallmark. Well done.

Old 08-01-2016, 11:09 AM

596 posts, read 429,331 times
It's a football spike. Eye poke...works pretty well it seems.

Old 08-01-2016, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Be willing to accept, like an adult, your subsequent arrest, lawsuit or good, old fashioned ass whipping as you would deserve it if you assault somebody.

Old 08-01-2016, 11:19 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,191,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Both the Leftists and Islamic Jihadists burn the US flag.

Another thing they have in common.
Actually, the right wing and ISIS have the same goals. They both wish to drive a wedge between Islam and the rest of the world through fear. Your contribution has been noted. But, if you want to worry about a constitutionally protected action then have at it. Your displeasure with our Constitution is also noted.

Old 08-01-2016, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Actually, the right wing and ISIS have the same goals. They both wish to drive a wedge between Islam and the rest of the world through fear. Your contribution has been noted. But, if you want to worry about a constitutionally protected action then have at it. Your displeasure with our Constitution is also noted.
I'd say ISIS and their is doing a jam-up job by themselves. Their track record in Europe is damn ipressive, if I say so myself.

And their just starting.

Wait until they reach varsity status.

This consevative supports our Constitution, 2nd Amendment included unlike many progressives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies